Russian Launch and Mission Thread

tater

33 minutes ago, magnemoe said:

The most obvious redundancy is to have multiple radiator panels in parallel and the option to disconnect them if you get a leak. 
Now if this cools the service module and it looses all cooling things can get bad so bad IIS might have to drop it, if it has some redundancy they are likely good. 
Its also some chance they don't want to risk crew on it, we has to wait for diagnostic. 

Its cooling system presumes several (at least two) days of autonomous flight, while the deorbit takes a couple of orbits.

So, it's probably enough even passive cooling.

Currently it's attached to the station, so unlikely is heated much.

I think there's another set of Soyuz in the assembling plant now, isn't it?

Spoiler

Honestly, I can't fully understand why CNSA would keep a back-up Shenzhou and CZ-2F in the VAB for "emergency rescue" since the launch of the CSS's core module: I always thought if something really bad had happened and the emergency launch preparation procedure within a week might be too late. Until this time...

19 minutes ago, steve9728 said:

I think there's another set of Soyuz in the assembling plant now, isn't it?

Hide contents

Honestly, I can't fully understand why CNSA would keep a back-up Shenzhou and CZ-2F in the VAB for "emergency rescue" since the launch of the CSS's core module: I always thought if something really bad had happened and the emergency launch preparation procedure within a week might be too late. Until this time...

Yes, but MS-23 is scheduled for late spring, so even an accelerated timeline would take quite a while

Edited by Beccab

24 minutes ago, DDE said:

Vigorously denied by Roscosmos, who insist it's still in the 30⁰C region.

https://t.me/space78125/1443

Don't underestimate the eagerness of the various "Kremlin towers" to break ranks and turn on each other.

Are you suggesting that various Russian sources may at times contradict each other, and may not all be in agreement about what they regard as truth? Never have I ever ...

If I remeber correctly the Soyuz have two separate cooling loops. One for equipment, another for life support. If it is really so hot inside, then LS radiator is to blame. 

I wonder is it possible to just vent the atmosphere 'cause vacuum is a prefect insualator and equipment cooling system is NOT damaged and return to Earth like this.

Quite a Kerbal way but why not.

Edited by ra4nd0m

11 minutes ago, ra4nd0m said:

I wonder is it possible to just vent the atmosphere 'cause vacuum is a prefect insualator and equipment cooling system is NOT damaged and return to Earth like this.

If the heat can't be absorbed by the atmosphere, it will accumulate. Eventually things will start melting.

45 minutes ago, sh1pman said:

If the heat can't be absorbed by the atmosphere, it will accumulate. Eventually things will start melting.

Every modern ship is designed to survive loss of atmo. All important equipment is usually hooked onto a different cooling loop (at least in Soyuz). So nothing is going to melt while heat accumulation will slow down.

46 minutes ago, kerbiloid said:

The heating season on ISS started from patching the radiator leak.

Hide contents

UNyOtoVosv.jpg

Uh... there's a more appropriate comparison for the usual beginning of heating season.

Spoiler

1616494150220.jpg