[UNOFFICIAL/FANMADE] 0.17 Discussion Thread 2

kacperrutka26

I like the non gradual (is that a term?) atmosphere gauge, because in many diagrams that you see of our atmosphere you don't see a big blue scale from dark to light, it is split up into sections, like Troposphere, Stratosphere, etc.

Also, what does this have to do with 0.17? Seems more like a suggestion.

I doubt he is a developer. Oh and I am sure they could have made something like this, but as they stated a long time ago, they are trying to flesh out other parts of the game first. It wouldn't help the bug process if they have feature after feature break docking, or having to rework it over multiple times to make it fit. Really nice looking mod though, I would download it for sure if it was released and working. :)

Oh and I can't wait for IVA's! That will add a whole new level experience to the game. You could really make some awesome roleplay videos! :D

Prepare to kerbalgasm all over your screen, for a mod maker has somehow beaten the development team to docking.

I saw someone bring this up, but no one took notice. So bam.

http://youtu.be/8cmNxz8P2gM I don't know how to embed videos. Sue me.

Now back on topic to the point one seven update.

Do you think there's a massive conspiracy around this video containing an obviously armed and fully operational docking system, in that it's actually game play from 0.17 made by a secret dev we've never heard of? I know I don't, because I'm not that crazy.

-sigh- Why dont people look at his video descruption.

It fully says he working on multiple mods, including docking, and an autopilot of active and inactive ships.

Forgot the rest though.

I like the non gradual (is that a term?) atmosphere gauge, because in many diagrams that you see of our atmosphere you don't see a big blue scale from dark to light, it is split up into sections, like Troposphere, Stratosphere, etc.

This is what I was thinking as well, just didn't know how to word it XD

-sigh- Why dont people look at his video descruption.

It fully says he working on multiple mods, including docking, and an autopilot of active and inactive ships.

Forgot the rest though.

He said he was working on "a little addon", not "little addons", so based on his description, it would lead me to believe it will be all in one mod, and not separate ones. Besides, what good would docking be without being able to dock with the other ship, because it's tumbling around as the SAS doesn't work when you're not in control of it?

Edited by Ekku Zakku

Will you need to complete low-level scenarios to access the higher ones ?

I feel it would remove a lot of the sense of achievement out of the game if you could just launch a scenario to get to the new moons and planets. You should deserve them IMO. They should be hard to get to, out of the reach of newbie players.

You shouldn't be able to land on the Mun before you've had at least moderate success in reaching orbit. You shouldn't be able to approach Duna until you've built a Mun base.

Edited by Nibb31

Will you need to complete low-level scenarios to access the higher ones ?

I feel it would remove a lot of the sense of achievement out of the game if you could just launch a scenario to get to the new moons and planets. You should deserve them IMO. They should be hard to get to, out of the reach of newbie players.

You shouldn't be able to land on the Mun before you've had at least moderate success in reaching orbit. You shouldn't be able to approach Duna until you've built a Mun base.

I think that'd be annoying for higher level players who have already perfected landing on satellites who will want access to the interplanetary scenarios right away.

All the scenarios should be available from the start. The campaign will handle progress from low to high level stuff.

Not to nitpick or be nasty, but I must disagree.

There should be no "you need to earn this". In a game which is pretty much a sandbox, we should be able to do what we like. Maybe many of us are good at landing (I am actually pretty good at this) yet don't know how to take off all that well (again, like me) When the scenarios come out, I don't want to HAVE to do one to unlock the other. That just seems silly. Moreover, as the game advances, things will inevitably get easier. IE. Remember before patch conics how difficult it was to get to Mun? Unless you calculated it you really didn't know, now it is much easier to get to Mun. Remember how hard it used to be to rescue Kerbals if they crash landed? Now all you need is a crew tank and that is all, etc.

I am sorry if this offends you, but I disagree with that in general.

That being said, I think the scenarios will be a GREAT idea! For example, let's say I want to practice landing a new, crazy lander I made. Instead of having to build the entire rocket from the ground up I can load up a mun landing scenario and bam, I can test it out! It saves so much time and energy! I think of them more like training modules that NASA uses to train it's astronauts. It will help us all fine tune what we are bad in so that when we do launch our missions, are success rates will be much higher

That being said, I think the scenarios will be a GREAT idea! For example, let's say I want to practice landing a new, crazy lander I made. Instead of having to build the entire rocket from the ground up I can load up a mun landing scenario and bam, I can test it out! It saves so much time and energy! I think of them more like training modules that NASA uses to train it's astronauts. It will help us all fine tune what we are bad in so that when we do launch our missions, are success rates will be much higher

My interpretation of what Nova said was that you get given the craft when you start the scenario, not that you choose what craft you want to use.

jenskerman, unless you are on the Development team there is no way to know, as all that stuff is kept internal, also Nova is unlikely to be the only person to be working on planets, Squad are a team you know :)

All planets made by one guy? Sounds biblical.

jenskerman, unless you are on the Development team there is no way to know, as all that stuff is kept internal, also Nova is unlikely to be the only person to be working on planets, Squad are a team you know :)

All planets made by one guy? Sounds biblical.

Harvester said that Nova Silisko will make the planets and moons... http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/forum/showthread.php/15757-KSP-0-17-Update

And RoboRay, no speculations about the release date... :)

There should be no "you need to earn this". In a game which is pretty much a sandbox, we should be able to do what we like.

There should be in the campaign mode, but the way I understand it KSP will eventually have both a progressive campaign and a sandbox mode where you can do whatever you like.