The most kerbal flat-earther I have yet to see

KSK

4 hours ago, GoSlash27 said:

W00t! :D

Also keep in mind that his intention isn't to prove the Earth is flat on this flight. It's just to 1) make a new record, and 2) raise awareness and funding for future flights which will fly higher and faster. Or a publicity stunt if you prefer that wording.

While I don't agree with his world view, I do sincerely hope that he has a safe and successful flight.

Best,
-Slashy

As far as I can tell, his "world view" is that if the flat-earthers will pay for his stunts, he'll say that he's a flat-earther.

Hughes: "I don't believe in science. I know about aerodynamics and fluid dynamics and how things move through the air, about the certain size of rocket nozzles, and thrust. But that's not science, that's just a formula."

Mmmkay have a nice fligh mr. Hughes I hope you dont kill yourself...

Just dropping this here-

This 'rocketeer' is aiming to reach 1,000ft in his steam rocket- that's going to cost significantly more than the money it could cost to buy single engine certification (pilots license), the training, and then the renting of a Cessna 172 whose flight ceiling is around 16,000ft. Just saying.

That said, it's clearly a scam in my eyes. But that's just me.

6 hours ago, cypher_00 said:

Mmmkay have a nice fligh mr. Hughes I hope you dont kill yourself...

As some have mentioned before, he's a dare-devil, safety is somewhere in the back of his mind, like so far back it doesn't really appear...

But yeah, as some mentions, apparently the FE portion wasn't really there at first. Maybe he want some sounds around him while daredevilling.

2 hours ago, YNM said:

As some have mentioned before, he's a dare-devil, safety is somewhere in the back of his mind, like so far back it doesn't really appear...

But yeah, as some mentions, apparently the FE portion wasn't really there at first. Maybe he want some sounds around him while daredevilling.

YNM,

Well... he wants his name in the record books, and even homemade steam rockets aren't free. It requires sponsors, and he's got to do whatever it takes to keep the money flowing. As I said earlier, I bear him no ill- will and truly hope he has a safe flight.

Best,
-Slashy

4 minutes ago, GoSlash27 said:

Update:

Apparently the Kerbal Flat- Earther had a falling out with the "Research Flat Earth" people. Launch is still on, though.

Best,
-Slashy

Wow... I'm not sure how to respond to that video. I hope this.... gentleman... doesn't end up hurting himself.

28 minutes ago, GoSlash27 said:

Update:

Apparently the Kerbal Flat- Earther had a falling out with the "Research Flat Earth" people. Launch is still on, though.

Best,
-Slashy

I don’t think “rocket science” sits well with the Flat Earthers who believe space is a hoax. Or it may disagree with other FE theories, as there’s probably an infinite number of those out there. 

Well, today is the day...
 They didn't have confirmation of the launch time as of this video, but they were talking 1500-1700 PST which translates to (someone please check my math) 0700-0900z.

Edited by GoSlash27

30 minutes ago, GoSlash27 said:

1500-1700 PST which translates to (someone please check my math) 0700-0900z.

More like Feb 3 23.00 - Feb 4 01.00 UTC (PST is UTC-8). Your conversion goes closer to my zone (UTC+7, which means Feb 4 06.00 - 08.00).

On 24.1.2018 at 7:27 PM, GoSlash27 said:

While I don't agree with his world view, I do sincerely hope that he has a safe and successful flight.

At least we can be sure he get not lost...

Downwards they will come all by themself.....

Edited by Urses

5 minutes ago, GoSlash27 said:

Sat through 3 hours of coverage, never got an update. Don't know if he launched, scrubbed, lived, or died. Hopefully we'll know something tomorrow.

Best,
-Slashy

I haven't seen anything on the news...

It would be cool if he made it, but my guess is it never got off the ground.  :/