[1.12.x] Filter Extensions (No localization)

linuxgurugamer

Hi,

I'm trying to do a filter for the subcategories of DMagic Orbital Science (for KSP 1.4.5), but something strange, I manage to get only two folders recognized (ProbeScience & OversizeScience). I checked everything in the code (every single character with NotePad++) and don't get why the folders UniversalStorage & RoverScience are not detected. Can someone tell me where i make a mistake?

CATEGORY:NEEDS[DMagicOrbitalScience]
{
	name = DMagicOrbitalScience
	icon = DMagicOrbitalScience
	colour = #FFF0F0F0
	all = true

FILTER
	{
		CHECK
		{
			type = folder
			value = DMagicOrbitalScience
		}
	}

SUBCATEGORIES
	{
		list = 0,Science
		list = 1,ProbeScience
		list = 2,RoverScience
		list = 3,UniversalStorage
		list = 4,OversizeScience
	}
}
SUBCATEGORY
{
	name = ProbeScience
	icon = Drone
	FILTER
	{
		CHECK
		{
			type = path
			value = DMagicOrbitalScience/ProbeScience
		}
	}
}
SUBCATEGORY
{
	name = RoverScience
	icon = Wheels
	FILTER
	{
		CHECK
		{
			type = path
			value = DMagicOrbitalScience/RoverScience
		}
	}
}
SUBCATEGORY
{
	name = UniversalStorage
	icon = UniversalStorage
	FILTER
	{
		CHECK
		{
			type = path
			value = DMagicOrbitalScience/UniversalStorage
		}
	}
}
SUBCATEGORY
{
	name = OversizeScience
	icon = StorageLFO
	FILTER
	{
		CHECK
		{
			type = path
			value = DMagicOrbitalScience/OversizeScience
		}
	}
}

Here is the folder:

1540046073-dmagic.png

I thank you guys for your help :)

3 hours ago, ndiver said:

I'm trying to do a filter for the subcategories of DMagic Orbital Science (for KSP 1.4.5), but something strange, I manage to get only two folders recognized (ProbeScience & OversizeScience). I checked everything in the code (every single character with NotePad++) and don't get why the folders UniversalStorage & RoverScience are not detected. Can someone tell me where i make a mistake?

Since I can't see what is in the folders you are talking about, all I can really tell you is that if the subcategory filter fails to detect a success, the subcategory won't show. If there is nothing in the folder to show, the subcategory won't display. I think you might be able to use the "dont template" option to get it to show what's in the folder though.

Okay, I looked in the folders and I thought I had run across this before. You will need to use the whole path to get what you are looking for.

CHECK
		{
			type = path
			value = DMagicOrbitalScience/UniversalStorage/USImagingPlatform
		}

Edited by Divstator

1 hour ago, Gordon Dry said:

Well, I got no exceptions in the log regarding filter extensions ...

Now, with KSP 1.5.1 I also can only complain that this is not working anymore ... stock categories are shown.

Full log and stuff:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/llgrpum3m5tdjjh/2018-10-24_1 KSP.log and stuff.7z?dl=1

It's not installed correctly, from what i can see in your file.  Also, did you install both the plugin and the default configuration?

@linuxgurugamer it's correctly installed.

I redownloaded it to compare.

The only difference is that I have my own zFinal folder (instead of the embedded zFinal_FilterExtensions - which is done by me :D ) and I have a different GameData\000_FilterExtensions_Configs\Default\Mod_B9.cfg which only differs in also showing a folder B9_InfoDrive  (in which only the B9InfoDrive resists) ...

As long as the zFinal_FilterExtensions folder is not referenced by code somehow (why should it?) I don't see a reason for the issue.

And btw the folders with the configs are the same as it have been in KSP 1.4.5 (I have a seperate folder with complete KSP 1.4.5 to compare), only these files are changed:
GameData\000_FilterExtensions\FilterExtension.version
GameData\000_FilterExtensions\Plugins\FilterExtensions.dll
GameData\000_FilterExtensions\Plugins\FilterExtensions.dll.mdb

And in KSP 1.4.5 it worked without any issues.

Well, you have quite a number of other mods, many of which aren't yet updated for 1.5.1.

I've tested this in a minimal install, also one with about 30 updated mods, including some parts mods, and it works.

Here is the issue:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at PartResourceList.GetEnumerator () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at FilterExtensions.LoadAndProcess.GetPartData () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at FilterExtensions.LoadAndProcess+<Start>c__Iterator0.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (IEnumerator enumerator, IntPtr returnValueAddress) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

I wouldn't even know where to begin, given the number of mods you have installed.  Best I can suggest is to try removing all the likely suspects (anything that does anything in the editor is a good start), although I am using the following in my test:

Spoiler

AnyRes Continued (AnyResContinued 2.0.2.6)
BOMPs (BOMPs 1.0.1.7)
CCTV (CCTV 1.1.3.2)
Champagne Bottle Redux (ChampagneBottleRedux 0.3.8.3)
ClickThrough Blocker (ClickThroughBlocker 0.1.6.9)
Editor Extensions Redux (EditorExtensionsRedux 3.3.19.9)
Filter Extensions - Default Configuration (FilterExtensionsDefaultConfig 3.2.2.10)
Filter Extensions - Plugin (FilterExtensions 3.2.2.10)
HyperEdit (HyperEdit 1.5.8.0)
JSIPartUtilities (JSIPartUtilities 0.4.2.1)
K2 Command Pod Continued (K2CommandPodCont 1.1.8.5)
Kerbal Engineer Redux (KerbalEngineerRedux 1.1.5.4)
Kerbal GPS (KerbalGPSRevived 1.1.0.11)
KSP AVC (KSP-AVC 1.2.0.6)
MechJeb 2 (MechJeb2 2.8.1.0)
MechJeb and Engineer for all! (MechJebForAll 1.3.0.4)
Module Manager (ModuleManager 3.1.0)
RCS Build Aid Continued (RCSBuildAidCont 1:0.9.7.3)
The Janitor's Closet (JanitorsCloset 0.3.4.2)
Toolbar (Toolbar 1.7.17.13)
Toolbar Controller (ToolbarController 1:0.1.6.18)
WasdEditorCameraContinued (WasdEditorCameraContinued 0.6.13.3)

Hmm, after using your dll (and also updating MemGraph) the game just crashed as it reached the main menu ...
https://www.dropbox.com/s/zl1od7mrw9l9afj/2018-10-25_1 KSP.log and stuff.7z?dl=1

But no "specific" exceptions - only the "usual" KSP-AVC and CLS exceptions as always™

I try again - sometimes the game just crashes, so two times a month ...

So okay, this time it didn't crash.

Man, KSP 1.5.1 got a memory leak - it needs 2 GB more than KSP 1.4.5 with the same mods and the same career.

Nothing bad in the log, same as before: KSP-AVC, CLS and one time

at FilterExtensions.LoadAndProcess.GetPartData () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at FilterExtensions.LoadAndProcess+<Start>d__13.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (IEnumerator enumerator, IntPtr returnValueAddress) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

(Filename:  Line: -1)

and - it doesn't work ...

I will test again after removing VAB Reorienter.

(I wonder why KAC got a button in the VAB stock toolbar...?)

What I don't understand is why this one and only NRE ever is written to the log when the main menu is loaded the first time ...
(besides the fact that this typical Unity error message doesn't tell ANYTHING about the culprit)

IMHO a mod that is made to do its job in VAB - should not throw an issue when the main menu is loaded...

Edited by Gordon Dry

So, running KSP 1.5.1 with FE 3.2.2.10, new test career, this GameData

000_AltCustomConfigs\
000_FilterExtensions\
000_FilterExtensions_Configs\
Squad\
ModuleManager.3.1.0.dll

1. -force-d3d11 (see the still-not-fixed-icon-shader-stock-issue? I couldn't resist to mention it...)
SQ7dOUa.png

2. -force-glcore
wcGxosO.png

3. no parameter (DirectX - ahem - NINE):
KbfV1Ea.png

Hmm - so here is the log of the last attempt:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ca3uho1pua15gp8/2018-10-25_2 KSP.log and stuff.7z?dl=1

And the obvious single instance of

at FilterExtensions.LoadAndProcess+<Start>d__13.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

(Filename:  Line: -1)

Without
000_AltCustomConfigs\

on DirectX - ahem - NINE:
the same

I hope FE is not hardcoded and assumes MH to be installed - I don't own MH...

---

Another btw:

I launch the exe with administrative privileges
The game is outside of Steam on a folder not inside the Windows partition - it's a game partition
Full access to subfolders is provided

22 hours ago, Gordon Dry said:

I hope FE is not hardcoded and assumes MH to be installed - I don't own MH...

No reason to, MH is treated as another mod

Why did you show us three pictures of the VAB?  Waste of space and time, especially for people on mobile

All i can say is, create a new install, install the minimal mods to run FE and try it.  Then start adding a few at a time, sooner or later it will fail

And, if that's the total contents of your GameData, then you are missing at least one directory:

zFinal_FilterExtensions

I've tested this both with and without MH

22 hours ago, Gordon Dry said:

1. -force-d3d11 (see the still-not-fixed-icon-shader-stock-issue? I couldn't resist to mention it...)

Nothing to do with this mod, please don't sidetrack the discussion

I have no idea about this, but please remove your 000_AltCustomConfigs, reinstall FE installing all the directories and try again

I can say that I got the same NullRef in mylog.  It's possible it's related, and I just found the issue, so please try this:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/o2zpl8b2yqe43f3/FE-Test_fix.zip?dl=0