[1.12.x] Filter Extensions (No localization)

linuxgurugamer

• 1 month later...

So previously I had this huge list of mods in the manufacturer tab which was super nice to browse through but I was messing with some stuff and now thats all gone. I downloaded booster guidance and space tux libraries so maybe thats the culprit but when I uninstalled both I'm stuck with the issue even after reinstalling filter extensions.

Log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/qsmv2bhwcqb9otu/ModuleManager.log?dl=0

jeeWq24.png

Edited by SpaceFace545

10 hours ago, SpaceFace545 said:

So previously I had this huge list of mods in the manufacturer tab which was super nice to browse through but I was messing with some stuff and now thats all gone. I downloaded booster guidance and space tux libraries so maybe thats the culprit but when I uninstalled both I'm stuck with the issue even after reinstalling filter extensions.

Try uninstalling FE totally and reinstalling it.

I don't have time right now to do any digging, if that doesn't work, let me know.  It may be somewhere in the save file if this doesn't work

14 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Try uninstalling FE totally and reinstalling it.

I don't have time right now to do any digging, if that doesn't work, let me know.  It may be somewhere in the save file if this doesn't work

Yeah I tried that and same thing. Whenever you can take a look would be appreciated but this is a superficial bug so take your time lol.

18 hours ago, SpaceFace545 said:

Yeah I tried that and same thing. Whenever you can take a look would be appreciated but this is a superficial bug so take your time lol.

Ok, what I'd like to see is the ModuleManager.configcache file, and the save file

But before you do, delete it (the ModuleManager.configcache) and restart the game.  While I doubt this will help, it will eliminate that as the source.  Also, you should delete the directories of the mods that you removed.

Finally, please list a few of the mods which are still appearing in the list which you have deleted.

LGG

4 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Ok, what I'd like to see is the ModuleManager.configcache file, and the save file

But before you do, delete it (the ModuleManager.configcache) and restart the game.  While I doubt this will help, it will eliminate that as the source.  Also, you should delete the directories of the mods that you removed.

Finally, please list a few of the mods which are still appearing in the list which you have deleted.

LGG

Thanks. So the few mods which do have a manufacture tab are Asbury, BDB, Conformal Decals, Eisenhower, Scansat, and Tundra. The rest of the tabs are just stock manufactures.

save: https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/vtq4kca7dbktqdxr68n74/h?dl=0&rlkey=m6w3nnkd5eomuq90a8ay16z27

config cache: https://www.dropbox.com/s/hors5mfcx61xuo4/ModuleManager.ConfigCache?dl=0

9 hours ago, SpaceFace545 said:

Thanks. So the few mods which do have a manufacture tab are Asbury, BDB, Conformal Decals, Eisenhower, Scansat, and Tundra. The rest of the tabs are just stock manufactures.

save: https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/vtq4kca7dbktqdxr68n74/h?dl=0&rlkey=m6w3nnkd5eomuq90a8ay16z27

config cache: https://www.dropbox.com/s/hors5mfcx61xuo4/ModuleManager.ConfigCache?dl=0

I've looked at your files.

You say you've removed Bluedog Design Bureau ( I looked at this one as an example, since I know it a bit).

According to the log files, you haven't. I see that the BDB.dll is still being loaded (part of Bluedog), I see a whole bunch of other BDB dlls:

Bluedog_DB_1
  Bluedog_DB_2
  Bluedog_DB_8
  zzzBluedog_DB_9
  zzzzBluedog_DB
  Bluedog_DB
  Bluedog
  Jso_Bdb_PF
  zzzBluedog_DB_0
  zzzBluedog_DB_1
  zzzBluedog_DB_2
  zzzBluedog_DB_3
  zzzBluedog_DB_7
  zzzBluedog_DB_5
  zzzBluedog_DB_8
  zzBluedog_DB
  zzzBluedog_D

I see the following directory still there:

Bluedog_DB_Extras

All the FE configs are controlled by ModuleManager, and only loads those configs which have their "needs" satisfied.

Please go back over your install and fix your problems, this isn't a bug

3 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

All the FE configs are controlled by ModuleManager, and only loads those configs which have their "needs" satisfied.

Please go back over your install and fix your problems, this isn't a bug

Would you mind telling me what the problems are. After I originally installed booster guidance and space tux libraries filter extensions stopped working properly. 

My module manager is up to date and filter extensions is seemingly installed correctly with the proper dependencies.

On 5/21/2023 at 11:44 AM, SpaceFace545 said:

Would you mind telling me what the problems are. After I originally installed booster guidance and space tux libraries filter extensions stopped working properly. 

My module manager is up to date and filter extensions is seemingly installed correctly with the proper dependencies.

Delete the directories of all those mods which you don't want anymore.  The mere existence of the directory is causing the filters to be visible

7 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Delete the directories of all those mods which you don't want anymore.  The mere existence of the directory is causing the filters to be visible

I don't think we are talking about the same thing. Previously under the "filter by manufacturer" tab I had an icon for every mod in my gamedata folder but now it seems to be patchwork with certain mods. I'd like to find out why that function isn't working currently and how I could get it back because it was quite handy when dealing with over 100 mods lol.

On 5/22/2023 at 9:24 PM, SpaceFace545 said:

I don't think we are talking about the same thing. Previously under the "filter by manufacturer" tab I had an icon for every mod in my gamedata folder but now it seems to be patchwork with certain mods. I'd like to find out why that function isn't working currently and how I could get it back because it was quite handy when dealing with over 100 mods lol.

Since I don't know how you installed and uninstalled your mods, I can't really help you.  If you removed some mods, but there are some directories left behind which the MM configs are looking for, it will act weirdly.

I always use CKAN for my install, it takes care of deleting directories.

It might be best to rebuild your install using CKAN and see what happens

Hey @linuxgurugamer!   I know you have all the spare time in the world.tm  Have you given any thought to including 'tags' in the Check types, like 'name' and 'title' are?

I'm trying to fine tune a few things, such as the 'Structural/Girders' category.  I'm also experimenting with creating a structure for station parts.  Both of which would be more achievable if we could additionally use tags.

On 5/18/2023 at 9:04 PM, SpaceFace545 said:

</snip>

@SpaceFace545 Have you looked at the mod "Janitor's Closet"?  Because it allows you to filter the normal display of parts to a mod (or multiple mods), I find it to be superior to using the manufacturer's tab, particularly for mods with huge part counts like BDB.

• 2 months later...
7 hours ago, Astra Infinitum said:

@linuxgurugamer why is all the etext white? Is this on purpose or is it something with my settings?

1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

What's reported here affects me as well.  Maybe change the forum skin?

It looks like the forum software is carrying over formatting from light/dark modes. It should be fixed by clicking the black bar 'remove formatting' when pasting content into the editor.

9 hours ago, James Kerman said:

It looks like the forum software is carrying over formatting from light/dark modes. It should be fixed by clicking the black bar 'remove formatting' when pasting content into the editor.

Well, that post (the OP) was made long before the forum was updated (6 years ago).  So, something is off in the templates

• 5 months later...