Air Superiority Fighter Competition Continued

exbyde

1 hour ago, Box of Stardust said:

Ah, okay. I wasn't sure if this was, in fact, the correct interpretation of what was stated in the rules about updating fighters.

On 12/29/2017 at 9:43 AM, exbyde said:

8. Once you have submitted an aircraft, you may modify the file in KerbalX until the first test is run. No further mods can be run at that time. You are welcome to remove aircraft before testing (if you build something better and don't want to waste my time, thank you). Once an aircraft has made roster, it cannot be removed from the roster by administrative action and will continue to test, for fairness to other competitors.

Iff there is any variance/wiggle room in these rules, let me know. I try to make them as concise and to the point as possible to prevent conflict. As long as you modify the file within Kerbalx (upload a modified/updated file to the same page) before i download for testing, the latest mod will be tested. You should let me know if you create a new kerbalx page for an updated version of the craft.

22 minutes ago, Box of Stardust said:

Well, I guess that's as clear as it can get. Ignore me then.

Sorry. Not trying to be rude, there have been instances of people doing things outside of these rules as a form of protest before their implementation.

Edited by exbyde

32 minutes ago, l0kki said:

@exbyde when is my failure gonna get tested ääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääää

Yours was to be second but i'm putting your aircraft at the back of the queue for repeated rule violations (forum rules on swearing, thread rules on asking test dates)

new/old rule: Forum Rule 2.2g applies here (see the guidelines) in all languages. This includes the name of your aircraft.

Edited by exbyde

LAAAADIES AND GENTLEMEN! ITS TIME FOR SOME AIR SUPERIORITY FIGHTER COMBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT!!!

Lets start things off tonight with the Return of the King, The Crucifier, @goduranus' Crusader! And in the other corner, @dundun92's DU-1b!!!

In the end, this blasphemous battle ends with the Crusader being crucified by the Du-1b. But don't go anywhere, folks, because this cross between religion and aviation will be greeting our next contestant, THE COOKIE! and of course gets an honorable mention as "Pontius Pilot"

1 hour ago, l0kki said:

@exbyde when is my failure gonna get tested ääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääää

1 hour ago, exbyde said:

Yours was to be second but i'm putting your aircraft at the back of the queue for repeated rule violations (forum rules on swearing, thread rules on asking test dates)

new/old rule: Forum Rule 2.2g applies here (see the guidelines) in all languages. This includes the name of your aircraft.

See what happenes when you are impatient @l0kki?

9 minutes ago, exbyde said:

THE COOKIE!

Oh boy...

4 minutes ago, exbyde said:

Alright, next up we have @Eidahlil's Cookie...which I can only describe as an exceedingly violent ceiling fan.

While it may not have placed, in part to a friendly fire incident, it does get an honorable mention "Instructions unclear".

The Cookie was so much more epic than I thought.  That was awesome.

I describe it as 'a really angry cloud'.

I can still remember my shock at the Cookie when I first tested against it. 

The drogue chute deployment was the most 'WHAT' moment ever. It all made sense when it started fighting. 

Kinda sad it didn't place, would've liked to see it sit in #3 for a while.

7 minutes ago, Box of Stardust said:

I describe it as 'a really angry cloud'.

I can still remember my shock at the Cookie when I first tested against it. 

The drogue chute deployment was the most 'WHAT' moment ever. It all made sense when it started fighting. 

Kinda sad it didn't place, would've liked to see it sit in #3 for a while.

Probably something worth Eidahlil's time to tune slightly. its a nice change in pace from the usual. Waiting on him to submit the flying shark on his profile next.

Alright, next up, @dundun92 has graced us with a new revision of his current Du-3, the 3x. Per the norm, if the Du-3x can rise the ranks to the same level as the Du-3, it will replace it and continue testing.

Aaand judging by this encounter with @goduranus crusader, that is likely to happen.

***!8v8 has been TRIGGERED!*** Du-3 vs Du-3x

Edited by exbyde

16 minutes ago, Box of Stardust said:

Donut battle?

better. 8v8 and 7v7 battles.

So, this happened:

First Du-3 vs Du-3x battle ended in a stalemate. The Du-3x was damaged but flyable, and the Du-3 was out of ammo...what to do, what to do....Technically this satisfies rule 2b, all aircraft technically were disabled. The Du-3x with its gimp wing couldn't get on the du-3's if it wanted to, and the Du-3x was out of ammo...so... @dundun92

8v8 Battle of the Dunn!

Bonus, 7v7 Cookie ( @Eidahlil) vs Du-3x

Needless to say, the Du-3x is not proceeding or replacing the Du-3, so the roster remains the same. The cookie on the other hand may warrant further testing once i re-unoptimize my settings for better graphics.

9 minutes ago, HeroBrian_333 said:

*looks at almost perfected Harbinger Prototype*

*looks at Du-3 models*

*realizes they are almost identical*

*cries*

Submit it anyways

Edited by exbyde

Surviving against Cookies is really a matter of surviving the initial merge, because it's when they're at their strongest. With the BD AI, since they always start rushing at one another, enemy fighters are always going to be forced to make the assault against a very, very angry thunderstorm. 

Alright, and for our last fights of the night, we have @Dundun65C 's DDD taking on @dundun92's Du-1b and Du-3

Against the likes of the Du-1b with its inferior engines and delta setup, the DDD shines and makes quick work of the enemy drones

Against the Du-3, however, the DDD gets butchered very easily, landing the DDD in the #4 spot.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.