[0.17] RedStar co-op Airplane parts v0.4.1

vvaris

• 1 month later...

Fixed the broken download link. I have no idea if it works in the current version or not, most likely not. I don't have much time at the moment to develop this mod unfortunately.

This is a godsend... thank you. :) I already made some modded su-33s with other mods, but nothing better than a dedicated mod!! :) You could also ask infinitedice if he could help... his carriers could use some planes.

The configs are made differently, and the parts were broken many versions before. You should ask infinitedice to adopt this mod for the naval weapons parts pack.

I updated the pack for my self back in .18.2 but could never get the intakes or engines (not sure if there where engines) to work. I had to change the Cfg structure edit the modual system from 17 to18 and add the part scale. All of this was done in txt edit on cfg files in pack and was very time consuming as I had to trouble shoot the node placement. Also don't worry if you can't get the SU style wings system to work as it was bug from the start. I no long have the files so don't ask for them as its not my mod any way just saying its not imposable to update with out any codeing or modeling just some good ol trial and error. In my personal opinion this mod would not be well served as an update it would need a complete over haul to utilize kerbals updated features better also the combination of certain parts as one solid piece would offer a more contestant build and perform better in kerbal (I.E. Su wing setup) this just my opinions and you know what they say about opinions.

Also thank you vvaris for all the hard work and innovation you put into your pack.

Edited by cappedu

• 1 month later...

I am working on a F-104 and somehow discovered this mod. I absolutely need to get it working in .21

I am willing / wanting to learn how to edit cfg files. I assume that is the holy grail. Is there a kerbal "CFG files for Dummies" link? I have downloaded Kerbal Edit which looks cool.

Insights? cappedu?

The picture of the mod in the .21 SPH is deceiving as it is not working. For example, the front canopy is grey, and the top canopy part is not in the part browser.

Godspeed

Thanks for any help.

t2fu.png

5ur7.png

AAaaaaaand... someone necro'd another thread.

This is happening a lot lately. You'd think Burke and Hare were on the loose again.

Space Cowboy, that mod is really old. Since the OP seems to have stopped working on this project, it's better not to bring it up again. If you really want to use it, contact the OP and ask him if you can take this over and try to update it, else, there's not much that can be done.

Closing this for now, unless vvaris comes back and wants to update this himself.