[0.17] RedStar co-op Airplane parts v0.4.1

vvaris

I will be a test pilot email: [email protected], i can make videos, i can cfg edit nand am learning to make parts, i am very creative.

I will add you to the test pilot list, you will receive the next test pack and test pilot instructions once its ready. No need for email, communication is handed trough private messages of this forum, unless you are interested in helping to develop this mod and not just to test?

vvarisredstarcanopy.png

The rear canopy node is wrong. Additionally, the SU fuselage parts need a major node overhaul. They do not connect without resorting to severe cheating, and this isn't desirable or acceptable going forward with these otherwise wonderful parts.

vvarisredstarcanopy.png

The rear canopy node is wrong. Additionally, the SU fuselage parts need a major node overhaul. They do not connect without resorting to severe cheating, and this isn't desirable or acceptable going forward with these otherwise wonderful parts.

Are you using version 0.17 of the game and version 0.4 of the Mod? Did you delete the previous version before installing current version of the mod? It works for me.

Yes. I've done all that, and nothing changed.

Delete all parts beginning with "RED_", there is very small change that you might have a part named "AAAsucanoby" or similar, if so delete it also. Download the mod again, put the parts in the parts file as normally. Open craft with the canopy problem, delete canopy, add it again. This should fix the canopy node problem. "the SU fuselage parts need a major node overhaul. " You are indeed right in this one, I'll fix it asp..

hello can i be a tester i would like to be a tester for all the n00bs who cant fly a damn plane lol

I'll have you know I can fly a plane just fine.

also

vvaris, when I attach engines onto either the MiG adapter or the fuel tanks, they fall off right after I leave the far end of the runway.

Okay. There is NO change between the .4.0 and .4.1 packages. The SU adapter still lacks a rear attachment node, and I had to manually edit the CFG to get the back canopy to work.

Are you SURE you're not mixing up files when uploading?

Okay. There is NO change between the .4.0 and .4.1 packages. The SU adapter still lacks a rear attachment node, and I had to manually edit the CFG to get the back canopy to work.

Are you SURE you're not mixing up files when uploading?

Mariner, nobody else has problems with the canopy, only you, so YOU are doing something funny. For the SU adapter READ THE INSTRUCTIONS, there is no attachment node at the rear because it is impossible. I'll post the instructions here because you seem to be unable to read them from the first post:

"As far as I understand there is no way currently to have the attach node have an 5 degree rotation, so at the moment we are limited to attaching the first fuselage part to the adapter using the surface snapping. After connection the adapter it is good idea to rotate the command module (ejection seat) 5 degrees so you can continue building in straight line after the adapter. You can rotate any part a 5 degrees at a time if you press SIFT+W,A,S,D,Q or E. If you wish to reset the rotation press SPACE."

Mariner, nobody else has problems with the canopy, only you, so YOU are doing something funny. For the SU adapter READ THE INSTRUCTIONS, there is no attachment node at the rear because it is impossible. I'll post the instructions here because you seem to be unable to read them from the first post:

"As far as I understand there is no way currently to have the attach node have an 5 degree rotation, so at the moment we are limited to attaching the first fuselage part to the adapter using the surface snapping. After connection the adapter it is good idea to rotate the command module (ejection seat) 5 degrees so you can continue building in straight line after the adapter. You can rotate any part a 5 degrees at a time if you press SIFT+W,A,S,D,Q or E. If you wish to reset the rotation press SPACE."

Vvaris, could you post the node_attach values for the SU_canopy? It'd fix my major issue with the cockpit. I can fiddle with the adapter myself.

I'm sorry if I come off as a dick, but I'm really frustrated as to why the canopy part suddenly bugs out after having deleted the files several times and re-installing them. For what it's worth, manually editing the node coordinates in the cfg brings me withing about 10cm of where it should be, but having your values would help.

Edited by Mariner