[0.17] RedStar co-op Airplane parts v0.4.1

vvaris

;251282']Can't download from freakin google drive again!

Gears of vvaris.

Please upload all files on mediafire or dropbox.

Thanks.

Sorry, totally forgot about that! :S dropbox link added.

This mod pack looks to be the best set of KSP plane parts since C7's.

Can't wait to try them.

P.S. where did that track from the hangar come from?

Thanks! I'm just getting started, started modding about 16 days ago.. :P Dunno, its been there since I bought the game, 0.15 was it then.. you cannot spawn on it I just taxied the plane there for fun :)

Have i misunderstood what functions the gears have?

- No lights are visible

- Gears are not self propelling

Steering very good at low speeds (2-3 m/s ) but at higher speeds the planes turn very abrubtly. Just above 10 m/s it again becomes very smooth.

I've tried to balance the gears somewhat but without much succes. The most important question at the moment is: What is the significance of the parameter "steerSpeedFalloff"? (and how does it influence the steering).

A ejector seat that saves the lives of kerbals from a burning craft. someone quick! Get the dev team on this!

No doubt! I felt so horrible comparing NASA losses to my Kerbal losses, my space program would have been cut long ago! ;)

It's BigNose's <a href="http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/forum/showthread.php/16925-PLUGIN-PART-0-16-Aviation-Lights-v1-0">Aviation Lights v1.0</a> plugin and I highly recommend it. Includes green, red, white and blue nav lights as well as red beacon lights and white strobes, with different modes (off, steady, blinking) for both sets.

Thanks, they indeed go well with your jet in the vid! :D

Does anyone have any trouble attaching anything to the bottom of the Red_SUadapter part? I can't attach anything to it, even though i've tried uncommenting the bottom attach node...

Edit: I've uncommented and ... edited the "node_stack_bottom01 = 0.0, -19.601, 5.43545, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0" line inside the Part.cfg of Red_SUadapter, and the RED_SUfuselage part now correctly attaches to it, but there is a little break noticable, as in, the transition is not entirely fluid. I hope this help Vvaris a little.

Edited by hiddengnome
Temporal solution found through editing.

Redstar co-op has managed to persuade enough kerbals to work at the Redstar plant. This means that Redstar co-op can now begin mass production of high-quality airplane parts! RedStar is concentrating at the moment to deliver the best safety gear and cockpit designs. If possbile, after the next update I'll look into building more detailed cockpit interiors.

RedStar co-op airplane modpack BETA v0.3 Ejection seat+ ejection seat parts, cockpit fuselage parts, deltawings.

DOWNLOAD RedStar co-op airplane modpack BETA v0.3 *Warning* This version isn't compatible with crafts saved using previous version of this modpack(RedStar Modpack v0.2).

Google Drive:https://docs.google.com/open?id=0By0AKjfh8r6YY3Fnd2hkTE9PVVU USE THIS

Dropbox:https://dl.dropbox.com/u/2988574/RedStar%20modpack%20v0.3.7z use this ONLY if google drive doesn't work!

Crafts:

REDSTAR Kobra, the airplane in the video.

Parts:

RED Ejection seat - command module

RED minidecoupler - decoupler for ejection seat

RED minibooster - booster rocket for ejection seat: attach two of these to the back of ejection seat

RED cockpit - cockpit design inspired by Sukhoi, it is actually a fuel tank, ejection seat can be attached to this by using minidecoupler. Compatible with EES*

RED SU nosecone- compatible with EES*

RED cockpit canoby - compatible with EES*

RED SU Improved adapter - compatible with EES*

RED SU fuselage - Desing inspired by Sukhoi, compatible with EES*

RED SU tail section - Desing inspired by Sukhoi, compatible with EES*

RED SU delta wing left - compatible with EES*

RED SU delta wing right - compatible with EES*

INCLUDED BUT NOT WORKING YET. PRODUCE LIFT BUT DOESN'T TURN THE AIRCRAFT!:

RED SU elevator left - compatible with EES*

RED SU elevator right - compatible with EES*

RED SU rudder - compatible with EES*

*EES = Easy Editable Skins, upcoming feature.

Gears of vvaris alpha v0.1 custom landing gears with suspension and steering!

*Requires/Made possible: Tosh cart plugin.*

First Gears of vvaris parts working.

DOWNLOAD Gears of vvaris alpha v0.1

*Requires/Made possible: Tosh cart plugin.*

Google drive: https://docs.google.com/open?id=0By0AKjfh8r6YS3FGd2pIMVFMUlk

Dropbox: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/2988574/Gears%20of%20vvaris.7z

Parts:

*untextured, unbalanced, almost untested, cannot start wheels deployed yet, small visual glitch when using mirror while palcing the parts*

Piccolo S -Light landing gear with steering, can use rudder to steer the wheel when speed under 10m/s.

Piccolo -Light landing gear

NOT YET but In production

Vorona S -Medium landing gear with steering

Vorona -Medium landing gear

Matuška S -Heavy duty landing gear with steering

Matuška -Heavy duty landing gear

Matuška 2000 -Heavy duty rear landing gear with engine

Other information

TEST PILOTS NEEDED! Modding is time consuming, you can help just playing the game!

Why help?

• You get to try the parts before everyone else, in their all untextured, placeholder glory!
  • You get to influence the properties and visual aspects of the parts

Test pilot duties:

• Test parts
  • Report bugs/ weirdness
  • Suggest modifications to .cfg files
  • Help to balance parts
  • Test landing gear maximum weights
  • *not required but considered as HUGE bonus* Create code, models, textures, skins or sound.
  • *not required but considered as HUGE bonus* Create update videos for youtube.

How?

• As a RedStar test pilot you get a magical dropbox or Google drive folder where new parts appear before release.
  • Apply by replying to this tread. Understanding about the game, cfg, texturing, modelling coding, video editing, or something related is considered as Bonus.

As far as I understand there is no way currently to have the attach node have an 5 degree rotation, so at the moment we are limited to attaching the first fuselage part to the adapter using the surface snapping. After connection the adapter it is good idea to rotate the command module (ejection seat) 5 degrees so you can continue building in straight line after the adapter. You can rotate any part a 5 degrees at a time if you press SIFT+W,A,S,D,Q or E. If you wish to reset the rotation press SPACE.

1. Select the ejection seat as a command module.

2.insert the small stock parachute to the middle back node in the seat.

3.insert minidecoupler to the bottom of the ejection seat. You need to turn it 90 degrees using ASDW keys.

4.insert miniboosters (small blue objects in the rocket engine section) to the two nodes at the back of the seat, currently you need to do it individually for both sides.

5. Insert cockpit to the minidecoupler.

6. Insert canopy to the cockpit.

7. Move parachute minidecoupler and miniboosters to same stage, this will be your EJECT! stage.

8. *optional* move parachute to different stage above the stage you just created if you wish. Otherwise the parachute fails to deploy if you eject on ground when you are not moving.

Redstar co-op is looking for collaboration, texture artist and coder.

0:30 Lulz little kid

0:30 Lulz little kid

and you had to quote the ENTIRE POST to get your point across? jesus....

Anywho, with regards to the Ejection Seat, could you make it so that once we've "Punched out" and landed, our Kerbalnaut/pilot can unstrap from the seat?

And a request; Fighters are all well and good, but you think it would be possible to do something... larger? like, oh, say the Convair B-58 Hustler?

vvaris hows progress?
Why is this thread dying :c

You can check the progress in my *new* blog, the link is in my signature. Not much there at the moment, I'll update it when I got more stuff to show. The thread isn't dying, just working on biggest update so far. After next update adding new parts should be easier. At the moment making sure editable skins work as they should and the textures line up. I solved the problem with the control surfaces and in next version they will work. I'm also confident I know now how to make engines work too. All the parts so far are getting visual update and the cockpit will have interior, seat a proper texture, kerbal and EVA. Landing gear mod should be ready soon after the update. Thanks for your patience :)

EDIT: Oh, yeah, not to forget the upcoming new cockpit option and fuselage set.. The MI-series, more rugged than SU-fuselage series, heavier, but more durable and more fuel.. not as nimble as SU-series but good for high altitude flights and long journeys.. The large fuselage series (shh still secret) won't probably make it to the next update.. :( but it has a "dummy" cockpit option containing no kerbals if you wan't to attach a smaller craft on its back and launch it from the air. :)

Edited by vvaris

You can check the progress in my *new* blog, the link is in my signature. Not much there at the moment, I'll update it when I got more stuff to show. The thread isn't dying, just working on biggest update so far. After next update adding new parts should be easier. At the moment making sure editable skins work as they should and the textures line up. I solved the problem with the control surfaces and in next version they will work. I'm also confident I know now how to make engines work too. All the parts so far are getting visual update and the cockpit will have interior, seat a proper texture, kerbal and EVA. Landing gear mod should be ready soon after the update. Thanks for your patience :)

EDIT: Oh, yeah, not to forget the upcoming new cockpit option and fuselage set.. The MI-series, more rugged than SU-fuselage series, heavier, but more durable and more fuel.. not as nimble as SU-series but good for high altitude flights and long journeys.. The large fuselage series (shh still secret) won't probably make it to the next update.. :( but it has a "dummy" cockpit option containing no kerbals if you wan't to attach a smaller craft on its back and launch it from the air. :)

Well, what can i say, that's Awesome mate. :D

Did you also solve the problem with the SU adapter?

Or is that the "I solved the problem with the control surfaces and in next version they will work." part?

Hopefully, the surface snapping on the SU adapter can be either tweaked or fixed on the top surface, as currently nothing seems to predictably snap or attach to it. Parts seem to be trying to attach themselves to the bottom, which forces me to carefully shift-rotate when this are close to where i want them. Is this a limitation of KSP or something related to the part itself?

Well, what can i say, that's Awesome mate. :D

Did you also solve the problem with the SU adapter?

Or is that the "I solved the problem with the control surfaces and in next version they will work." part?

Hopefully, the surface snapping on the SU adapter can be either tweaked or fixed on the top surface, as currently nothing seems to predictably snap or attach to it. Parts seem to be trying to attach themselves to the bottom, which forces me to carefully shift-rotate when this are close to where i want them. Is this a limitation of KSP or something related to the part itself?

Yes, I'm sorry about that. It is problem with the game and me trying to do something too tricky for the game at its current state. I originally made the adapter for my self, its possible to attach it by surface snapping but it takes steady hand and some patience. The problem is that the SU fuselage needs to be attached in 5 degree angle, its not possible unless you first grab the ejection seat when adapter is attached to it and rotate it 5 degrees using sift+wasd. The SU adapter will be this way until its possible to have attachement nodes in 5 degree angle, currently 90 and 45 are supported. This is issue in the mod but cannot be helped at the moment, I have tried few things to fix it but no luck yet. The other adapters that I'm working on are attached straight and won't have this problem. There's detailed instructions for the SU adapter in the first post. Until I or somebody else finds the solution it will be this way :(

Edited by vvaris