[0.17] RedStar co-op Airplane parts v0.4.1

vvaris

Run into some unexpected problems: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/2988574/screenshot0.png. Apparently KSP doesn't really mirror stuff but rather rotates them upside down. If you know how to do this better than creating two different parts for each wing please tell me. Under the wing there's a different colour texture than on top, this is why I want real mirroring. BTW in this picture you can see the SKINS tm system that lets create your own skin for your aircraft with minimal effort! (Its just a GIMP file you can edit but hey =P )

Apparently KSP doesn't really mirror stuff but rather rotates them upside down.

I didn't know that but it doesn't surprise me. Unfortunately I don't have any suggestions :/

Actually, I do have a suggestion: Use <a href="http://imgur.com/gallery/5YZLw">www.imgur.com</a> for screenshots. It easy, powerful and free.

Texture problems aside, I'm really looking forward to the new parts

Updated to Modpack to v0.3 . Information updated to the first post. This version isn't compatible with crafts saved using previous version of this modpack(RedStar Modpack v0.2).

I tried to attach SU-1 Series Fuselage to the Kobra adapter, but the kobra adapter has no attachment node of any kind except the one that you can attach to the cockpit.

So right now i'm forced to use the .craft file that come with the pack.

Did you forget to put a node at the pack of the fuselage or is it anything wrong with my parts? :D

I tried to attach SU-1 Series Fuselage to the Kobra adapter, but the kobra adapter has no attachment node of any kind except the one that you can attach to the cockpit.

So right now i'm forced to use the .craft file that come with the pack.

Did you forget to put a node at the pack of the fuselage or is it anything wrong with my parts? :D

Oh, yeah! Very good point! Forget to mention about that, as far as I understand there is no way currently to have the attach node have an 5 degree rotation, so at the moment we are limited to attaching the first fuselage part to the adapter using the surface snapping. The SU adapter is bit tricky and unique part at the moment because it "bends" the aircraft nose down to get that unique look I love. If somebody knows how to give the other node a 5 degree angle I would be gratefull. =)

What about setting the node rotation to whatever 5 degs in radians is? Dunno if it whould work but it shouldn't require manual rotation in the SPH then.

I'm still unsure how they work. =S Feel free to experiment, I couldn't solve it, at least not yet.

They're xpos, ypos, zpos, xrot, yrot, zrot, size or so.

Size is the size of the sphere around it and needs to be left out for node_attach AFAIK.

Sry, cannot try around for you, have to do 10 other configs already...

They're xpos, ypos, zpos, xrot, yrot, zrot, size or so.

Size is the size of the sphere around it and needs to be left out for node_attach AFAIK.

Sry, cannot try around for you, have to do 10 other configs already...

Size isn't working anymore in 0.16

Atleast not for me.

The game only accepts 6 values so I guess the 7th(size) is gone since the game doesn't load the part when a value is tried.

May just be on my end but it's possible they removed it because it was not too usefull or they did something else to compensate or improve.

As I said it may be only at my game but as far as I know the game only accepts : xpos, ypos, zpos, xrot, yrot, zrot

Size isn't working anymore in 0.16

Atleast not for me.

The game only accepts 6 values so I guess the 7th(size) is gone since the game doesn't load the part when a value is tried.

May just be on my end but it's possible they removed it because it was not too usefull or they did something else to compensate or improve.

As I said it may be only at my game but as far as I know the game only accepts : xpos, ypos, zpos, xrot, yrot, zrot

I have modified the size, take a look at the cockpit file cfg for example.

Great job! This is quickly becoming my favorite spaceplane mod! Just one gripe, could the texture/lack thereof be improved? Perhaps even a normal map? :)

Most certainly, next update should include EES system, basically two different templates one for the wings and one for the fuselage which enables you to define your own top and bottom color and texture using Gimp or Photoshop. There will be preset templates for military, space and civil craft. There will also be a decals added to the wings and fuselage later on but probably not on the next update.

There are a placeholder normal maps and specular maps applied to the fuselage and wing parts already, the effect is really subtle so you won't probably notice it, other possibility is that they aren't working for you. The game has huge amount of bloom so in the white parts the texture details are burned out. If you can take a close up of the fuselage or wings at noon I can conclude if the normal maps and specular maps are working.

Would you mind me asking if you could please put this on mediafire? google drive said something about 5gb of free downloads.... but if this keeps getting updates then it could eventually surpass that 5gbs free and then I'd be lost D: cheers for reading :)

This might be going in completely the wrong direction, but have you considered an B-58-style crew capsule ejection? (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Escape_crew_capsule) That way, you could make the ejection seat behave like a normal command pod, allowing you to do a rocket ejection, then easily exit and re-enter the pod without worrying about the programming fiasco that could possibly arise from an open seat. *shrug* No matter what you do, I'll still enjoy this mod. It's fun!

This might be going in completely the wrong direction, but have you considered an B-58-style crew capsule ejection? (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Escape_crew_capsule) That way, you could make the ejection seat behave like a normal command pod, allowing you to do a rocket ejection, then easily exit and re-enter the pod without worrying about the programming fiasco that could possibly arise from an open seat. *shrug* No matter what you do, I'll still enjoy this mod. It's fun!

Yes, in matter of a fact i considered something similar, like this http://www.fb-111a.net/Display/capsule.jpg. I will do a escape capsule if I decide to do a 2m cockpit.

Would you mind me asking if you could please put this on mediafire? google drive said something about 5gb of free downloads.... but if this keeps getting updates then it could eventually surpass that 5gbs free and then I'd be lost D: cheers for reading :)

Don't worry, there's no limit on how much you can download from google drive. 5gb is the limit that I can store data free there. This mod will never reach 5gb I promise. :)

So he has a list of 'parts' that are included in the pack. Anyone with sense would have a series of screenshots showing off the parts in question.

Instead I have a video which not only doesn't make it very clear as to what is a custom part and what isn't, but results in a MASSIVE waste of time - 199 seconds to watch a video, or 19.9 seconds to look at screeshots.

Additionally, I get to listen to the author's brain-damaged idea of 'music' as the world's ****tiest dubstep spewed out of my speakers. I'm not going to watch that.

Don't like the mod? Don't download it. There's no reason to just spew abuse at the creator, since he's creating something you can have for free.

If you paid 300 euros or so and then complained about the video and lack of individual screenshots, then I'd understand.