[0.17] RedStar co-op Airplane parts v0.4.1

vvaris

OK, I just installed version 0.4.1 and it's working.

Is this the problem Mariner is having? This is the only part I can't seem to place, but the rest is fine.

That is exactly what I was talking about, and I even posted a pic of it too.

vvarisredstarcanopy.png

That is exactly what I was talking about, and I even posted a pic of it too.

I was able to fix it by deleting the old canopy from the parts file and then reloading the new canopy from version 0.4.1

You will then need to rotate the new canopy 90 degrees and place it onto the plane.

It will not fit in it's default position.

Sorry ive Been so busy lately!

After my fresh install of .17 and the newest test pack (.4) and on another install (.4.1) i have all the Left side parts but no rights? is this "on purpose" and we can now use the symmetry?

am also missing the front canopy section...

and any news on a sample craft repo for the test pilots? would be nice to have a "known" flyable plane that vvaris and other test pilots have flown...especially since these parts are so dependent of each other?

Why is the landing gear retracted on load? My nose always slams into the ground and breaks off.

i belive that is a known issue as of now...

an easy temp solution, use launch stablizers along wing edges or under wings, then upon sim start, hit the (g) key and let the wheels drop, cycle your stating so that you release the supports and off you go.. the only major downfall is your weight distrobution has to be nearly perfect, thankfully .17 has some new features in the assembly buildings to help with center of mass and such.

Vvaris, could you post the node_attach values for the SU_canopy? It'd fix my major issue with the cockpit. I can fiddle with the adapter myself.

I'm sorry if I come off as a dick, but I'm really frustrated as to why the canopy part suddenly bugs out after having deleted the files several times and re-installing them. For what it's worth, manually editing the node coordinates in the cfg brings me withing about 10cm of where it should be, but having your values would help.

You also need to remove the back canopy from the area where you build the planes. And select it again from the left side where all the parts are in the SPH (spaceplane hangar). This is because the craft files may save the incorrect node position. I previously had a problem with the download from kerbal.net and it gave out a wrong version, it is now working however. Your problem simply should not happen if you deleted the parts, and delete the canopy in the sph once. Make sure you don't have other KSP copies you might be using, and that the shortcut you press to start the game is referring to that folder where you made the changes. I'm sorry but this is all I can do for you.

// --- node definitions ---

// definition format is Position X, Position Y, Position Z, Up X, Up Y, Up Z

node_stack_top = 0.0, -4.94409, 10.0054, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 0

I'm missing the front canopy. I see it in the parts folder but it doesn't appear anywhere in game.

its there trust me. in the section with the crane icon. Probably next to cockpit, it might be hard to see since the transparency isn't working in the preview

I've been at it for 30 minutes. Had the escape pod done for in like a couple of minutes, so that was the easy part. The attaching of some tailpart to the rest of the body is hard and when you have it in the right position, the plane just breaks in two pieces everytime.

30 minutes of glueing 2 parts together? I give up. Fix this mod because it's just very good, but you need someone that can take care of those connection joints. I'm probably doing something wrong, but you just have to make this idiot proof like all other parts in the game. I hope someone will step in and helps fixing these small problems

I've been at it for 30 minutes. Had the escape pod done for in like a couple of minutes, so that was the easy part. The attaching of some tailpart to the rest of the body is hard and when you have it in the right position, the plane just breaks in two pieces everytime.

30 minutes of glueing 2 parts together? I give up. Fix this mod because it's just very good, but you need someone that can take care of those connection joints. I'm probably doing something wrong, but you just have to make this idiot proof like all other parts in the game. I hope someone will step in and helps fixing these small problems

Interesting, I got similar report earlier, which part you are talking about? This is the reason why I have test pilots :P Mod development is rather slow at the moment, I try to find some time in next month or so.. But it will be awesome eventually. :D If you could make a special "lets play" concentrating on this mod that would be great. ;)

This

so much this

the "SU Kobra adapter" is completely broken and unusable

which is a shame because its totally beautiful

I have tried every variation of adjustment and have found zero orientations that allow it to be connected

I finally gave up and just trashed all of the SU parts

the MiG 23 set works great though

if you could get that SU set working it would be amazing

This

so much this

the "SU Kobra adapter" is completely broken and unusable

which is a shame because its totally beautiful

I have tried every variation of adjustment and have found zero orientations that allow it to be connected

I finally gave up and just trashed all of the SU parts

the MiG 23 set works great though

if you could get that SU set working it would be amazing

You guys did read the instructions in the first post right?

You guys did read the instructions in the first post right?

read and tried

every orientation possible

it just doesnt want to happen, im not sure whats going on

ive tilted every part (cockpit, kobra adapter, tail section), in every combination of directions and I cant get it to work at all

its terribly frustrating because I think you have made the best plane parts available