[1.8.x] reDIRECT | Stockalike Orion, SLS, & Shuttle-Derived Launchers | (Fixes!) | v0.10.1

benjee10

On 2/24/2023 at 11:27 AM, Kurld said:

So as to atone, here is some gratuitous post-mission spam from STS-92:

Reveal hidden contents

The engineers at the Orbiter Processing Facility had a job getting ready for this and they did it: 

GzLqqED.png

Arrival and docking went off smoothly

21eJYmR.png

I somehow managed to not get any action shots of the arm deploying everything.  STS 97 is probably going off today or tomorrow so I'll try harder.  Here's McArthur Kerman deploying the SGANT.

cYC8y4A.png

Four sessions with the arm and two EVAs later, the Kerbals get busy unloading the Progress M1-3 and preparing the station for Expedition 1.
zVUslU3.png

question: how do you avoid the arm uncontrollably shaking + how do you make sure the parts you deliver line up correctly (I tried doing this myself and ended up with a rather... wonky station)

2 hours ago, Brainpop14 said:

Does this work in 1.12.5?

It should. I still use it on occasion. It also fills in some gaps still left from ACK and ORANGES (all three are amazing mods, especially if Shuttle-derived stuff is your thing).

• 1 month later...
On 7/26/2023 at 3:40 AM, peter_12 said:

Hello, I tried to check the parameters of the "S3 KS25b" engine while flying while using the module, but nothing happened after I clicked, ask for help, thank you!

Redirect has no missions. So this must be a mistake made by another mod.

@benjee10 Bah! I'm getting so lazy I was actually annoyed at not being able to use CKAN! I really gotta get a life!

However, there is a serious point: reDirect includes its dependencies, but if it is now Finished - and not being updated - then the included dependencies can go out of date and cause users problems. Reorganising the download to not include dependencies and then pushing it to CKAN with its metadata would be a service to your fans.

BTW - I am a huge fan. Your mods are truly excellent!

• 4 weeks later...

You know, I think this mod or one of its included dependencies screws up TweakScale because the stock Hydraulic Detachment Manifold automatically scales down to 10 percent size. This only happened after I installed the mod and its dependencies and the problem remains after uninstalling.

12 hours ago, marxman28 said:

You know, I think this mod or one of its included dependencies screws up TweakScale because the stock Hydraulic Detachment Manifold automatically scales down to 10 percent size. This only happened after I installed the mod and its dependencies and the problem remains after uninstalling.

That must be another mod. I never had this problem and reDirect does not come with a Tweakscale-Patch.

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, fully_staged said:

I downloaded this mod, and the Space Shuttle one, but the boosters are loose at the top. Could someone explain to me what I can do?

Parts in KSP can only be fixed in one place at a time. There is no other way. If they wobble too much you have to use struts/autostruts. Alternatively, there is the mod Kerbal Joint Reinforcement.

• 3 weeks later...

@benjee10 hey i was wondering if you can just merge/move/add the shuttle main engines, SRB's, and External Fuel Tank to SOCK? it would be easier rather than playing around with compatibility problems between reDIRECT, KSP 1.12.5, and Artemis Construction Kit. 

Note: the "shuttle" engine in Artemis Construction Kit are bigger than they should be for the shuttle.

19 minutes ago, towermom9 said:

@benjee10 hey i was wondering if you can just merge/move/add the shuttle main engines, SRB's, and External Fuel Tank to SOCK? it would be easier rather than playing around with compatibility problems between reDIRECT, KSP 1.12.5, and Artemis Construction Kit. 

Note: the "shuttle" engine in Artemis Construction Kit are bigger than they should be for the shuttle.

I am no longer actively updating this mod so I wouldn't recommend using these parts with SOCK. 

At the moment, the best full shuttle stack setup is to use SOCK with the dev versions of ORANGES (for the ET) and Photon Corp (for the SRBS) with Rocket Motor Menagerie for the SSMEs.

Side note - if you grab the dev version of Artemis Construction Kit from the GitHub repo (rather than downloading one of the releases) it now includes the updated scale SSMEs from Rocket Motor Menagerie, which are the correct scale for the shuttle. Likewise the dev version of SOCK now has nodes in the correct place to fit these SSMEs. I will do a full release with these at some point, and maybe then we could look at putting together a mod pack that has everything for the shuttle in one place (like how Artemis Construction Kit pulls in parts from RMM, BDB, and Photon Corp into a single download). 

14 minutes ago, benjee10 said:

I am no longer actively updating this mod so I wouldn't recommend using these parts with SOCK. 

At the moment, the best full shuttle stack setup is to use SOCK with the dev versions of ORANGES (for the ET) and Photon Corp (for the SRBS) with Rocket Motor Menagerie for the SSMEs.

Side note - if you grab the dev version of Artemis Construction Kit from the GitHub repo (rather than downloading one of the releases) it now includes the updated scale SSMEs from Rocket Motor Menagerie, which are the correct scale for the shuttle. Likewise the dev version of SOCK now has nodes in the correct place to fit these SSMEs. I will do a full release with these at some point, and maybe then we could look at putting together a mod pack that has everything for the shuttle in one place (like how Artemis Construction Kit pulls in parts from RMM, BDB, and Photon Corp into a single download). 

Ah I see... well thx and good luck then!! 

3 hours ago, towermom9 said:

@benjee10 and @EStreetRockets the shuttle engine from RMM is also a bit too big (im using the one with shuttle mount) and i cant find the mount for the ET in O.R.A.N.G.E.S 

DD4h6lF.png

You can make an easy and quick use of the offset tool to get them to the place (one up to the top one and one left and right to the respective bottom ones).

The RS-25 are pretty big engines (they are basically vacuum engines forced to work at sea level)

54 minutes ago, Davi SDF said:

You can make an easy and quick use of the offset tool to get them to the place (one up to the top one and one left and right to the respective bottom ones).

The RS-25 are pretty big engines (they are basically vacuum engines forced to work at sea level)

i have decided to use reDIRECT + SOCK + Janitor Closet

6 hours ago, towermom9 said:

@benjee10 and @EStreetRockets the shuttle engine from RMM is also a bit too big (im using the one with shuttle mount) and i cant find the mount for the ET in O.R.A.N.G.E.S 

DD4h6lF.png

Edited by Cheesecake

On 10/27/2023 at 6:41 AM, Davi SDF said:

Those were the wrong scale engines...

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, supernova99 said:

I'm trying to use the stock SOCK shuttle stack and I've downloaded reDIRECT and the SOCK mod but it still says I need the B-10 APAS and reDIRECT KJ-10, any fixes?

You need Benjees Shared Assets which are dependencies of SOCK (look at page 1 in SOCK-thread)  and bundled with SOCK.

https://github.com/benjee10/Benjee10_sharedAssets

Edited by Cheesecake

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.