Shower thoughts

p1t1o

2 hours ago, kerbiloid said:

It's not wrong. It's mathemagic.

It's actually semantics, as in "Let's change the meaning of the equals symbol and see what happens.".

1+2+3... = -1/12 only if = doesn't mean equal.

On 7/21/2019 at 10:26 PM, Shpaget said:

It's actually semantics, as in "Let's change the meaning of the equals symbol and see what happens.".

1+2+3... = -1/12 only if = doesn't mean equal.

Hey, 1+2+4+8+16+32+64+... = -1, without any redefinitions.

I doubt this special case of the Riemann zeta function requires to be treated differently.

1 hour ago, The_Cat_In_Space said:

Why does time pass so slowly?

Are you young? Perception of time can be related to your age in that the amount of time passing is less of a percentage of your life if you are older. A year when you are 10 is 10% of your entire life, whereas a year when you are 50 is only 1/50th (2%? maths isn’t my forte)

This makes for an exponentially steep slope towards the grave XD

2 minutes ago, Dale Christopher said:

Are you young? Perception of time can be related to your age in that the amount of time passing is less of a percentage of your life if you are older. A year when you are 10 is 10% of your entire life, whereas a year when you are 50 is only 1/50th (2%? maths isn’t my forte)

I'm in my teens, i've been noticing the days go by quicker. Or is that because its winter and the sun sets a lot earlier..

1 minute ago, The_Cat_In_Space said:

I'm in my teens, i've been noticing the days go by quicker. Or is that because its winter and the sun sets a lot earlier..

Nope they go quicker and quicker @_@! 

1 minute ago, kerbiloid said:

It's winter?! Yesterday it was just a July. How fast the time is passing!

In the Southern Hemisphere Santa wears shorts and his sleigh is pulled by a bunch of kangaroos :o 

On 7/24/2019 at 3:32 AM, Dale Christopher said:

So if I hit my head reeaally hard and induce partial amnesia ... time will slow down again?

All healing mineral waters are just random mixtures of ions of: carbonate, hydrocarbonate, sulfate, chloride, phosphate, sodium, calcium, potassium, iron.

Besides the fact that any high school teen, not missing the chemistry lessons, can calculate and mix this pretty uncomplicated stuff in a barrel, just give him keys from the chemistry room...
Why don't they just drink rinsings from a cement factory?
The composition looks exactly the same, and same random.

Every spring has its own proportions, of course.
And this in turn also makes to think that if all of them are healing, just from different deseases, probably they don't differ very much from soda and salt dissolved in a glass by hands.

Otherwise, if they are really healing, why cement plants don't produce mineral waters in million tonnes from their stone scrap?

They soothe the inflammation? Soda and salt will help you as well.
They help to rule peristalsis? Oh, there is a lot of simple chemicals in your house which will attach you to the seat for hours.

Say, if a pupil will just up and drink a vial of, say, magnesium hydrocarbonate, everybody would say that he is an idiot.
If he adds a vial of, say, potassium sulfate, everybody will ensure that he is a finished moron.
But if the same is flowing from underground, and additionally contains, say, iron bisulfate, then same people exclaim wow! medicine!, doctors recommend it!

So, looks like a quasi-medical hype.

Edited by kerbiloid

Guys what if Mercury is Theia?

If it formed further out from the Sun, and brushed against Earth, maybe the core of Theia could have survived and gone on its way towards the Sun. It might still be there, a small planet that is mostly core in an odd orbit.

We need some serious surface samples, we might find composition as similar as Earth and Moon.

When we go to sleep, we usually just wake up the next day or in the night or some other time. If I can see my dad asleep, will he be already waking up in the morning, going throughout his day, while I'm still awake the previous night? O_o

21 hours ago, The_Cat_In_Space said:

When we go to sleep, we usually just wake up the next day or in the night or some other time. If I can see my dad asleep, will he be already waking up in the morning, going throughout his day, while I'm still awake the previous night? O_o

Hmm, I'm not quite sure what you mean by this.
If you see your dad sleeping, he can't be waking up.

On a slightly related note. Lately, during the day, I'm remembering dreams I've had years ago that I've never been able to recall before. What does that mean and why only now?

On 8/1/2019 at 5:26 PM, The_Cat_In_Space said:

Well, when we sleep it's not like a black hole twins paradox, it's just a period of time where we're not doing much of anything. So time still passes for your sleeping dad, and you don't get misaligned.

3 hours ago, T-Bouw said:

On a slightly related note. Lately, during the day, I'm remembering dreams I've had years ago that I've never been able to recall before. What does that mean and why only now?

Maybe you encountered something that triggered the memory, like a place or a smell (particularly smell - the smell part of your brain is very close to the deep memory part, and they help each other out sometimes). I have found myself recalling interesting dreams years later too. Sometimes I like to draw a picture of what I saw, and then whenever I look at that picture I remember the whole dream. Maybe you recalled one dream, and that led to you thinking about other dreams too.

Another thing.

Cats see dreams, too. As they "run" and "catch" while sleeping.
Probably, in dreams they see the same what they see around, i.e. mostly us.

They sleep 20 hours of 24, i.e. 5/6 of time. And just other 1/6 they present here.

So, looks like for a cat we exist mostly in its imagination, and just from time to time materialize and get dense.

And who knows, how does it imagine us, and what are the "real" we in its head, rather than "dense" we here.

Speaking of Star Wars, it occured to me that I find Dexter Jettster to be the most memorable character from the franchise purely because reviews keep using him as an example of a bad and forgettable character.

12 hours ago, kerbiloid said:

Who can now still remember the despicable Jar-Jar Binks?

Hide contents

EVERYONE ! 

I honestly think if they'd gone through with Darth Darth Binks in Episode II it could have turned him into someone stunningly formidable.

5 hours ago, cubinator said:

I honestly think if they'd gone through with Darth Darth Binks in Episode II it could have turned him into someone stunningly formidable.

As well, the story of Yoda was not told completely.

Spoiler

4e2c7d21045556a3b26a75fc655562d66f4006eeaDx5z9Z_700b.jpgsatre2005070513.jpg

Spoiler

tarsier-2438262_960_720.jpg

Spoiler

BizarreFacts_05.jpg

A minute later
B4MPT2RHOVEGJI6MAUX4IUGJKQ.jpg