Reverting from 1.4.3 to earlier version

Been away from the game for almost 4 years, but stumbled upon my old login info on an old computer. Went ahead and downloaded and installed on a new computer running Win10 64bit. Version is 1.4.3. Really like all the new stuff, but now I'd like to roll back my version to like, 1.3, to try some mods out. Can't for the life of me figure out how to do it. Is this possible? If so, how? For what it's worth, I did some google searches by nearly every hit was referencing Steam installations, and I don't use Steam.

Unless you'd downloaded 1.3 when it was current, you can't.  Even steam will only let you go back a couple versions, and AFAIK, 1.3 was recently removed from that list.

What mods are you looking at?

7 hours ago, Geonovast said:

Unless you'd downloaded 1.3 when it was current, you can't.  Even steam will only let you go back a couple versions, and AFAIK, 1.3 was recently removed from that list.

What mods are you looking at?

MechJeb or Kerbal Engineer. Been a looong time since used those, or their equivalents. I think it was 0.22 when I last played.

2 hours ago, Pointy End said:

MechJeb or Kerbal Engineer. Been a looong time since used those, or their equivalents. I think it was 0.22 when I last played.

Both of these mods work/updated fine in 1.4.3

Edited by Boyster

You good now?

Quick note about KER. I believe the only version for 1.4.3 is currently maintained by jrbrudda as the og dev is MIA atm. It’s stable and safe. Just look around in the last few pages on the forum. Should be a github link.

If you're not on steam -- do you have a store account or a GOG account?

If it's a store account, then all you have to do is login and go to your downloads page. It has 1.3.1 and a whole bunch of legacy versions of KSP too.

On 5/7/2018 at 10:32 AM, Mark Kerbin said:

You good now?

Quick note about KER. I believe the only version for 1.4.3 is currently maintained by jrbrudda as the og dev is MIA atm. It’s stable and safe. Just look around in the last few pages on the forum. Should be a github link.

Yes, thank you. Sorry for the delay. Yeah I went back to the account page where I downloaded the new version and didn't even notice that 1.3.1 was an option. So derp on me. As it is, I opted to stick with the new version, got KES and SCANsat, and maybe once I unlock the tech tree I'll get MechJeb. Back to basics for now! Thanks for the heads up.

4 minutes ago, Pointy End said:

Yes, thank you. Sorry for the delay. Yeah I went back to the account page where I downloaded the new version and didn't even notice that 1.3.1 was an option. So derp on me. As it is, I opted to stick with the new version, got KES and SCANsat, and maybe once I unlock the tech tree I'll get MechJeb. Back to basics for now! Thanks for the heads up.

Ok Good. You can probably ask a Mod to lock and close then.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.