[1.3.0] Kerbal Engineer Redux 1.1.3.0 (2017-05-28)

cybutek

I've noticed a fairly major bug/incompatibility with Stretchy Tanks. It's present in both versions 0.6.1.4 and 1.0 of Kerbal Engineer.

When using stretchy tanks if you resize a tank that's feeding into an engine the delta-V display will permanently freeze. There's no way to reset this except to restart KSP entirely. The faulty delta-V display in the VAB even corrupts the vessel readings from the flight engineer. ...

Ah, so that's what was causing that bug.

I do not have stretchy tanks installed, but have experienced the same or similar bug: KER (both 0.6.x and 1.0 beta) freeze and refuse to update (even if I load or create a new ship) until I restart KSP. Other than KER (both 1.0b and 0.6.x) I have Protractor, ScanSat and Procedural Fairings installed; I've experienced this issue while building ships of (apart from KER) entirely stock parts. If I can systematically reproduce the issue I'll post steps.

That said, this is still an essential mod; keep up the great work!

I vaguely recall this being caused by redundant parts, perhaps check for other versions of the engineer7500 part in various folders?

EDIT: I think the bug in KER v1.0 where it gets stuck on one set of values and won't update is caused by deleting the root part (e.g. by grabbing the entire ship and deleting it)

EDIT: it didn't happen when I deleted just the root part, but did happen when I grabbed a large section of the ship (with fuel tanks and engines) including the root part and deleted that.

Edited by Supernovy

I would like one more picture: The research tree after you've clicked the engineer part and said "yes" to research it. Is it still listed as "0c" or is it now listed as "owned"? If it's owned, does it stay that way when you come back?

it just keeps creating more and more;

78y9vWe.png

At some point, my install KER became corrupted. Adding the part in the VAB causes the title bar for the name of the ship I'm building to vanish, and the KER gui does not show up. Upon moving to the launch pad with the KER module attached the game locks up solid. I went and took a look at the plugin configs, is my build_engineer.cfg supposed to look like this?

Edit: After deleting both the .cfg files, KER began working again. Also, as mentioned before in this thread, KER (And VOID) really don't like multiple docking ports. There seems to be some sort of loop that ends up eating all the memory until KSP locks up.

Edited by starcitsura
Updated

An option to include only automatic fuel flow in dV calculations would be useful. At present the dV includes fuel that can only be made available to the engines via a manual fuel transfer operation, so it doesn't change when I add an external fuel duct to make that fuel available via automatic flow, which makes it unclear whether I've added the fuel duct correctly or if I needed it at all.

Hey cybutek, any hope of getting support for engines with corrected thrust (i.e. thrust scales with Isp so fuel flow is constant, and sea level TWR != vac twr)?

You can check if an engine has a ModuleEngineConfigs or ModuleHybridEngine on it.

I just ran into this issue with my first ever launch attempt using RO/RSS. So... erm... until KE supports the fancy realistic engine setup, is there any other mod that might give me my correct TWR while it atmo? Otherwise it's going to be... tricky to design these here rockets.

I tried MechJeb 2.1 and it reported about the same wrong numbers as Kerbal Engineer -- both reported TWR was 2.something, actual TWR at launch was 0.5.

I've heard that MJ's "all stas" button reports TWR_atmo correctly with the MFS constant-fuel-rate change.

There's an issue with a part from Nova punch called "Odin Command Capsule". The part is a command pod which has a built in decoupler. I think that messes up the calculations and KER stops updating numbers. Great mod, though, a must.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.