[1.3.0] Kerbal Engineer Redux 1.1.3.0 (2017-05-28)

cybutek

May I suggest that before putting the new version -if it isn't already- for download you check how deltaV is calculated? The plugin works great with semi-complex craft, but cross-feed, dropping structural parts and that kind of unorthodox practices break the dV calculator.

Using the "3" update above, and found it doesn't properly deal with tweaked SRB's. It gets the thrust and impulse correct (as in the delta-V doesn't vary as the thrust is tweaked), but it doesn't reflect the longer burn times in its analysis.

Another bug: It is including non-existent fuel crossfeeds in its calculations. If I have a central tank with no engine, and another tank slapped on the side with an engine, it will calculate delta-V and burn time as if it is using that central fuel.

May I suggest that before putting the new version -if it isn't already- for download you check how deltaV is calculated? The plugin works great with semi-complex craft, but cross-feed, dropping structural parts and that kind of unorthodox practices break the dV calculator.

I get this a lot on big ships and space stations; it crashes the Dv thread and means I have to quit the game and reload, and remember to turn off ER before looking at those vessels again. If I can be cheeky and suggest a feature upgrade, perhaps having some sort of timeout after which the thing gives up gracefully would be good? It wouldn't get you your delta V, but it also wouldn't do the "reduce to 2fps until you quit" thing.

Thanks for this mod! It has been very handy. A tiny suggestion: the distance values (apoapsis, periapsis etc) is given in kilometers with three decimals which doesnt really make sense if you are used to the SI-system. Why not remove the decimal point and call it meters instead? Anyway, thanks for your effort, I really like how this mod works and looks.

Fixed the time calculation for tweakable SRBs.

removed

As for this:

It sounds like a more underlying feature problem, if someone can post me a detailed errorlog (KSP_data/output_log.txt) I might be able to quickfix.

I don't feel comfortable getting too deep in the code though, as the mod isn't mine. I could if the author says it's ok.

Edited by arsenic87
removed link

Version 0.6.1.5 is now available!

Updated for 0.23 compatibility.

Fixed a major crash problem caused when set to impact the sun.

Adjusts for tweakable thrust settings.

Tidied up some of the value formatting (including RagnarDa's suggesion by using a modified distance format processor that was already in KER 1.0).

When used with new RealChute mod (specifically: customizable chute parts) vessel weight in SPH (not tested in VAB) is going up infinitely. Is there a fix for that?

Update: never mind, it's actually a chute bug.

Edited by Mystique

Not sure how to describe this issue but when I start a new ship it works fine for a while but all of the sudden a large majority of stages if not all of them will just show 0 ^v and one or two will show their normal ^v. The rocket will function perfectly fine at launch and the VES tab will show the correct ^v in flight but it breaks in the VAB for some reason.

Screenshots:

In VAB

EngineerBug1.jpg

Same ship on the launch pad.

EngineerBug2.jpg

EDIT:

So I noticed that the burn time and thrust is listed correctly and it changes if I modify the thrust limit settings.

EngineerBug3.jpg

176.jpg

Any ideas?

My mods:

Kerbal Engineer
Kerbal Alarm Clock
Precise Node
kerbal Joint Reinforcement
Editor Tools
Atmospheric Sound Enhancement
RCS Build Aid
Docking Port Alignment
HullCam
Kethane
Robotics
KAS
RemoteTech
KW Rocketry
TAC Fuel Balancer
Crew Manifest

Edited by Glockshna

Actually I'm not entirely sure it's the fairings. At least not JUST the fairings. I'm seeing the same issue, but whenever I right click any of the KW engines (as I notice you're also using). Deleting and re-adding the engine causes the stats to come back. It also only seems to happen in the VAB. I can right click and adjust thrust limiting during flight and Engineer recalculates correctly.

I'm still getting the vessel naming glitch with v0.6.1.5 and the build engineer isn't showing. Do we also have to download the unofficial patches posted for 0.6.1.4?

Edit: Disregard, I tried removing Engineer and it's still happening. It must be from something else.

Edited by Extemporary

I'm having an issue where the calculation of dV in the VAB either doesn't compute or freezes. I don't have fairings, I do have KW Rocketry, but even without that it freezes. I tried to delete the part or build a new ship entirely but it won't recalculate anything. Any ideas?

@ cybutek: I hope you could consider the possibility to include support for the toolbar plugin by blizzy78 with this awesome tool.

One of the main annoyances I find is to not be able to close its window completely, one button would do and all the better if it was integrated with the above plugin.

Use of the toolbar would certainly be nice.....

When used with new RealChute mod (specifically: customizable chute parts) vessel weight in SPH (not tested in VAB) is going up infinitely. Is there a fix for that?

Update: never mind, it's actually a chute bug.

Is there a fix? I noticed this with engineer and mechjeb calculations both (weight keeps increasing like a counter/ numbers keep scrolling by).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.