[1.3.0] Kerbal Engineer Redux 1.1.3.0 (2017-05-28)

cybutek

It seems that the stock toolbar is still displaying the icon after i leave the VAB and go back to the main space center screen. I've turned it off for now and am just using blizzys.

:(

Looks as if what I had to do to re-implement the Blizzy toolbar has had adverse effects on the stock one. I'll see about sorting that out.

Are you planning to make part-less version of KER? Since we have great toolbar functionality both in stock game and available via mods, requirement to put KER part on the vessel to turn plugin on seems a bit redundant.

Are you planning to make part-less version of KER? Since we have great toolbar functionality both in stock game and available via mods, requirement to put KER part on the vessel to turn plugin on seems a bit redundant.

In v1.0 which is almost ready for an alpha release. Most of the readouts are now implemented and there's a couple display bugs which require squashing.

It's actually rather trivial to make it partless. I always do (like a wrote a page back or so). All you need is a module manager config to add it to probe cores and pods/cockpits.

This is the config I use. It explicitly adds it to all stock KSP 'command' modules (probe cores, pods, cockpits, lander can and external seat). You could do it with a single category, but I'd rather add specific configs for mods that provide probes or pods (at the moment, I don't have any). Just put this in a file with .cfg extension somewhere in GameData (obviously needs module manager).

If you don't want the kerbal engineer parts anymore you can just delete the three subfolders from the 'Engineer'-Folder in your GameData (NOT the PluginData folder though!).

@PART[probeCoreCube]
{
MODULE
{
name = BuildEngineer
}

MODULE
{
name = FlightEngineer
}
}

@PART[probeCoreOcto]
{
MODULE
{
name = BuildEngineer
}

MODULE
{
name = FlightEngineer
}
}

@PART[probeCoreHex]
{
MODULE
{
name = BuildEngineer
}

MODULE
{
name = FlightEngineer
}
}

@PART[probeCoreOcto2]
{
MODULE
{
name = BuildEngineer
}

MODULE
{
name = FlightEngineer
}
}

@PART[probeCoreSphere]
{
MODULE
{
name = BuildEngineer
}

MODULE
{
name = FlightEngineer
}
}

@PART[probeStackLarge]
{
MODULE
{
name = BuildEngineer
}

MODULE
{
name = FlightEngineer
}
}

@PART[probeStackSmall]
{
MODULE
{
name = BuildEngineer
}

MODULE
{
name = FlightEngineer
}
}

@PART[landerCabinSmall]
{
MODULE
{
name = BuildEngineer
}

MODULE
{
name = FlightEngineer
}
}

@PART[Mark1Cockpit]
{
MODULE
{
name = BuildEngineer
}

MODULE
{
name = FlightEngineer
}
}

@PART[Mark2Cockpit]
{
MODULE
{
name = BuildEngineer
}

MODULE
{
name = FlightEngineer
}
}

@PART[Mark3Cockpit]
{
MODULE
{
name = BuildEngineer
}

MODULE
{
name = FlightEngineer
}
}

@PART[Mark1-2Pod]
{
MODULE
{
name = BuildEngineer
}

MODULE
{
name = FlightEngineer
}
}

@PART[mk1pod]
{
MODULE
{
name = BuildEngineer
}

MODULE
{
name = FlightEngineer
}
}

@PART[mk2LanderCabin]
{
MODULE
{
name = BuildEngineer
}

MODULE
{
name = FlightEngineer
}
}

@PART[cupola]
{
MODULE
{
name = BuildEngineer
}

MODULE
{
name = FlightEngineer
}
}

@PART[seatExternalCmd]
{
MODULE
{
name = BuildEngineer
}

MODULE
{
name = FlightEngineer
}
}

@PART[crewCabin]
{
MODULE
{
name = BuildEngineer
}

MODULE
{
name = FlightEngineer
}
}

EDIT: I think this is the simplest MM config that will just add it to everything that can control a vessel. It's obviously much simpler and shorter.

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleCommand]] {
MODULE {
name = BuildEngineer
}

MODULE {
name = FlightEngineer
}
}

Edited by Creat
Added second MM config

:(

Looks as if what I had to do to re-implement the Blizzy toolbar has had adverse effects on the stock one. I'll see about sorting that out.

I'm also just looking at fixing the Raycast used for the slope display to stop it sometimes hitting bits of your vessel rather than the ground...

Version 0.6.2.7 is now available!

Quick fix for the stock toolbar button not being removed on scene change.

EDIT:

Considering the amount of updates that are happening in quick succession, I would recommend using my KSP-AVC plugin to keep up to date without having to constantly look back here. http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/79745

Edited by cybutek

Considering the amount of updates that are happening in quick succession, I would recommend using my KSP-AVC plugin to keep up to date without having to constantly look back here. http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/79745

May I suggest you host your mods on kerbalstuff too? It would automatically notify your followers by email.

Version 0.6.2.7 is now available!

Quick fix for the stock toolbar button not being removed on scene change.

EDIT:

Does AVC react on the download link at course or on other sources?

I'm also just looking at fixing the Raycast used for the slope display to stop it sometimes hitting bits of your vessel rather than the ground...

I've sent a pull request for the fix but GitHub has got a bit confused and included lots of my older commits that you manually merged in 0.6.2.5/.6

The actual fix is simply the change in Tools.cs that adds the two parameters to the Raycast call...

Does AVC react on the download link at course or on other sources?

It gets its details via checking the differences between the local and remote .version file which is linked to from the local one, so it can be anywhere. Many mods just link to the remote .version on their GitHub. I use ksp-avc.cybutek.net for hosting my remote .version file for extra control over when players will start receiving notifications that there is an update (only want it to say there is an update after it has actually been made available for download).

In v1.0 which is almost ready for an alpha release. Most of the readouts are now implemented and there's a couple display bugs which require squashing.

That's great :). Thanks for answering.

-snip-

I'm aware of this method. I was simply wondering if we will be getting part-less version of KER as like I said in my previous post - how it currently works its rather redundant with all the toolbars being around :).

The only thing of note which I can think of with going completely part-less is that a lot of people like using the ER7500 part.

I don't see why you would need to. There is a simple module manager script to go partless and deleting the part folder is easy enough. That's what I do because I do prefer partless.

And THANK YOU SO MUCH for reinstating Blizzy's toolbar.

Very minor issue: After adding a KER part, there's still no KER button on the stock toolbar in the SPH. I do see one in the VAB. This is on Mac OS 10.9.4 with a stock KSP 0.24 install. In my non-stock install, I see the FAR button in both, but KER only in the VAB. What's odd is that the debug menu shows the following when entering the SPH:

[Warning]: [HighLogic]: =========================== Scene Change : From SPACECENTER to SPH =====================
[Log]: AddonLoader: Instantiating addon 'StockToolbar' from assembly 'Engineer'
[Log]: No Input Locks in effect right now
[Log]: ------------------- initializing editor mode... ------------------

And this when entering the VAB:

[Warning]: [HighLogic]: =========================== Scene Change : From SPACECENTER to EDITOR =====================

The only thing of note which I can think of with going completely part-less is that a lot of people like using the ER7500 part.

You can still include the part in the mod for people that wish to use it, after all part can still be there just for looks, but functionality can be moved completely to toolbar.

Very minor issue: After adding a KER part, there's still no KER button on the stock toolbar in the SPH. I do see one in the VAB. This is on Mac OS 10.9.4 with a stock KSP 0.24 install. In my non-stock install, I see the FAR button in both, but KER only in the VAB. What's odd is that the debug menu shows the following when entering the SPH:

[Warning]: [HighLogic]: =========================== Scene Change : From SPACECENTER to SPH =====================

And this when entering the VAB:

[Warning]: [HighLogic]: =========================== Scene Change : From SPACECENTER to EDITOR =====================

Yes, this is a bug that was introduced when the toolbar support was changed. I have updated my development version to the latest code and fixed this bug (and a bug with the slope display) and sent a pull request to Cybutek...

You can either get my dev version (linked in sig below) or just wait until Cybutek updates again...

Sorry if I'm being a bit dense. I thought with 23.5 and Engineer that when I had a rocket in the VAB and switched between Kerbin and the Mun as my reference bodies, the DELTA-V column would change, similarly if I chose other bodies with atmosphere it would also change. It doesn't seem to in 0.24 and 0.6.2.7.

Sorry if I'm being a bit dense. I thought with 23.5 and Engineer that when I had a rocket in the VAB and switched between Kerbin and the Mun as my reference bodies, the DELTA-V column would change, similarly if I chose other bodies with atmosphere it would also change. It doesn't seem to in 0.24 and 0.6.2.7.

Do you have the "Atmospheric Stats" button pressed? If you don't it will show the vacuum stats instead, which don't vary from body to body.

Okay, so I'm still not getting anything to show up when I place a part. I've tried it in Sandbox mode even, I place a part on my ship, and nothing changes. I've redownloaded the newest version, and nothing. This is the only mod I have installed now, 0.24... what's going on?

Yes, this is a bug that was introduced when the toolbar support was changed. I have updated my development version to the latest code and fixed this bug (and a bug with the slope display) and sent a pull request to Cybutek...

You can either get my dev version (linked in sig below) or just wait until Cybutek updates again...

Great! I really appreciate all the work you've done to keep KER up to date. That fixed it for me, and unlike ObsessedWithKSP, I don't see a stray button in the Space Center view.

Using Kerbal Engineer pre- 0.24 version.

0.6.2.5 is for KSP 0.24. Since you're using KSP 0.23.5, you want 0.6.2.4, which you can still get from CurseForge (on the right side, near the bottom, click "All Files"). Of course, that works best with Padishar's updated DLLs, which are... no longer available compiled.

Padishar, if it's OK with you, I have a copy of your patches from July 1 that I could upload.

Okay, so I'm still not getting anything to show up when I place a part. I've tried it in Sandbox mode even, I place a part on my ship, and nothing changes. I've redownloaded the newest version, and nothing. This is the only mod I have installed now, 0.24... what's going on?

Hmm... It pops up by default for me. Can you double check your installation? If it's installed correctly, you should have a folder called EngineerChip in KSP/GameData/Engineer. If that doesn't fix it, cybutek and Padishar would probably appreciate a copy of your output_log.txt (Win) or player.log (Mac/Linux).

Hmm... It pops up by default for me. Can you double check your installation? If it's installed correctly, you should have a folder called EngineerChip in KSP/GameData/Engineer. If that doesn't fix it, cybutek and Padishar would probably appreciate a copy of your output_log.txt (Win) or player.log (Mac/Linux).

Yeah, in GameData/Engineer there are three folders: Engineer7500, EngineerChip, and EngineerChipFlight, and the following files: BlizzyToolbarEnabled, BlizzyToolbarDisabled, Engineer.dll, EngineerToolbar.dll, KerbalEngineerRedux.version, and StockToolbar

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.