VertexSimplexNoiseColor
HeightColorMap

AerialPerspectiveMaterial
AltitudeAlpha
VertexHeightMap
VertexHeightNoiseVertHeightCurve2
VertexSimplexHeight
VertexSimplexHeightAbsolute

we know the first three are not responsible since you already deleted those, so it's one (or more than one) of the last 6

Well after looking a little closer, it didnt get rid of the issue, I swtiched out some of my textures for builtin ones and it was less noticeable but definitely still there

I dont know what is causing the issue 

8 minutes ago, Galileo said:

Well after looking a little closer, it didnt get rid of the issue, I swtiched out some of my textures for builtin ones and it was less noticeable but definitely still there

I dont know what is causing the issue 

I have a gut feeling that it's AltitudeAlpha. Kick that out and try again.

AerialPerspectiveMaterial could be the culprit too, now that I think of it. Both have to do with texturing.

Edited by The White Guardian

4 minutes ago, The White Guardian said:

I have a gut feeling that it's AltitudeAlpha. Kick that out and try again.

AerialPerspectiveMaterial could be the culprit too, now that I think of it. Both have to do with texturing.

Think it might cause this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THjeYn892tQ

Edited by Galileo

1 hour ago, Sigma88 said:

this is the complete list of PQS mods coming with a Moho Template

FlattenOcean
VertexSimplexNoiseColor
HeightColorMap

AerialPerspectiveMaterial
AltitudeAlpha
VertexHeightMap
VertexHeightNoiseVertHeightCurve2
VertexSimplexHeight
VertexSimplexHeightAbsolute

we know the first three are not responsible since you already deleted those, so it's one (or more than one) of the last 6

Where can i find the complete list of PQS mods for each stock body?

i think my issue might be the template im using

5 minutes ago, Galileo said:

Where can i find the complete list of PQS mods for each stock body?

i think my issue might be the template im using

install kittopiatech and export the cfgs for the stock planets without changing anything

they will contain all the information you might need. those cfgs are not safe to use, but they should give you an idea of what's inside a template

also, I have no idea what can cause that thing you showed in the video

49 minutes ago, Sigma88 said:

install kittopiatech and export the cfgs for the stock planets without changing anything

they will contain all the information you might need. those cfgs are not safe to use, but they should give you an idea of what's inside a template

also, I have no idea what can cause that thing you showed in the video

Ok one last thing and ill leave you alone today, I am trying to switch my template to Duna, everything is good except the color when i get close. My planet surface takes on the color of Duna and is very over exposed.  I have all of the Duna PQS mods but can figure out which one to adjust or remove to allow for my color map to supply the correct color. 

1 minute ago, Galileo said:

Ok one last thing and ill leave you alone today, I am trying to switch my template to Duna, everything is good except the color when i get close. My planet surface takes on the color of Duna and is very over exposed.  I have all of the Duna PQS mods but can figure out which one to adjust or remove to allow for my color map to supply the correct color. 

all with "color" in the name I would guess

I really am not an expert in those kind of things, I mostly worked with mods that affect shape (because of sigma dimensions) but those that change color I never really studied much

I would like to remember everybody that the current version of kopernicus will not work in patch 1.2 experimental.

I would have let  @Thomas P. make the announcement, but since the beta just came out and I know how these things work, I wanted to spare thomas the priviledge of waking up tomorrow morning with a thread full of "kopernicus broke my game" :)

if you want to try the beta make sure you backup a copy of 1.1.3 so you can still play with kopernicus on that one

cheers

Edited by Sigma88

On 9/5/2016 at 4:10 PM, Drew Kerman said:

would it be possible to introduce a new scaleClampX/Y or just scaleX/Y parameters for the Corona{} node? If the texture is scaled larger it will no longer clip into the sun surface. Either that, or have it moved back behind the sun properly so no clipping occurs in the first place.

@Thomas P. since you'll be prepping for an update in the next few weeks, I'm wondering if you've had a chance to consider my request?

6 hours ago, Drew Kerman said:

@Thomas P. since you'll be prepping for an update in the next few weeks, I'm wondering if you've had a chance to consider my request?

even if that was possible to do I don't think it would solve your problem

if you scale the corona too much you end up getting a "hole" between the corona and the sun surface, if you scale it too little the corona will clip through the sun surface.

and even if you find the perfect scale so that you don't get neither the hole nor the clipping, you will find out that at different camera distances the "perfect rescale" changes, when you go farther away you will get the "hole" and when you zoom closer you will get the "clipping"

if you just need to take pics with a telescope you can safely remove the corona I would guess.

3 hours ago, saurodye said:

Could someone teach me or at least tell me how LandControl? And if so, what do each of the inputs mean and what do they do?

2 hours ago, TheSealBrigade said:

Sorry, wrong account! But yeah, a little help perhaps?

1 hour ago, Andem said:

is there anywhere that I can find documentation on what all of these values mean?

1 hour ago, TheSealBrigade said:

What he said...

kopernicus just allows you to edit the values KSP loads, but knowing what those values do is a completely different story. There is no documentation on what the values do, not even what ranges they can be set to.

@The White Guardian made some tutorials, and you can get an idea of what most of the numbers should be, but generally speaking any information you can find is mostly guesswork, not actual documentation. 

also, @TheSealBrigade asking once is enough, if people don't answer is either because they don't know, they can't know or they did not have the time to read your question.

If you want to see what LandControl can do, just look into the .cs script: https://github.com/Kopernicus/Kopernicus/blob/development/Kopernicus/Kopernicus/Configuration/ModLoader/LandControl.cs

If you don't know about coherent noise, you'll want to read up on this: http://libnoise.sourceforge.net/glossary/index.html#coherentnoise

If you want an example of LandControl use in game for adding Scatter etc., view SVE's Kopernicus config file for Kerbin.

25 minutes ago, Sigma88 said:

@The White Guardian@TheSealBrigade made some tutorials, and you can get an idea of what most of the numbers should be, but generally speaking any information you can find is mostly guesswork, not actual documentation.

Sorry, but when it comes to LandControl I'm in the dark as well. However, I have found that simply messing with settings gives a basic understanding of what they do, for example AltitudeRange and LongitudeRange should be pretty self-explanatory. However, I suspect that LatitudeRange and LatitudeDoubleRange do the same, except both cover a different half of the globe, either above or below the equator. Can someone confirm this just so I know I'm not seeing things? Knowing my suspicion to be true would help greatly when trying to make procedural ice caps.

20 minutes ago, Poodmund said:

@Thomas P. is that what a PQSMod looks like in code form?

1 minute ago, The White Guardian said:

Sorry, but when it comes to LandControl I'm in the dark as well. However, I have found that simply messing with settings gives a basic understanding of what they do, for example AltitudeRange and LongitudeRange should be pretty self-explanatory. However, I suspect that LatitudeRange and LatitudeDoubleRange do the same, except both cover a different half of the globe, either above or below the equator. Can someone confirm this just so I know I'm not seeing things? Knowing my suspicion to be true would help greatly when trying to make procedural ice caps.

@Thomas P. is that what a PQSMod looks like in code form?

No, that is just the wrapper. It shows the interface you can use, but not how the mod generates terrain from them :)

@Drew Kerman I dont think that is possible.. Coronas are very shader heavy

3 hours ago, Thomas P. said:

I dont think that is possible.. Coronas are very shader heavy

Alright yea, I'm not sure how they are implemented but when I saw that they could be resized dynamically to make the corona appear to fluctuate I was hoping the size change could be fixed.

also another thing that's been bugging me - I have my ground scatter settings dialed up as high as possible but I'm only seeing this west of KSC:

XCNRcYRl.png

Using KSPRC, which uses Kopernicus ground scatter. Where do I have to start to go about getting more of a forest out here?

Edited by Drew Kerman

I have a mod project. A moon orbiting kerbin on a very very low orbit with a SOI covering something around 80 to 160km up of kerbin. For this part i am sorta confident i can do it myself, then i wondering if is it possible to add a moon to the Kerbol system even if i already use the Outer Planets Mod?

The moon have as purpose to break havoc in probes orbits and make more difficult operating around kerbin but with providing a nice spot to make a refuel base.

Thanx.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.