[1.8.x-1.12.x] - RasterPropMonitor (adopted)

JonnyOThan

8 hours ago, OldMold said:

After updating to 0.31.13.2 I'm getting weird text glitches like this:

This is a known bug with font rebuilds on scene switches.  It's on the issue list for fixing but I don't know what the timeframe may be (I'm not a dev, so can't comment).  I'd advise reverting if you are able and are bothered by it.

Edited by R-T-B

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, LazyBoi29 said:

I modified an iva for a modded part and the instruments are static and don't function. Is there a way to fix this? I am using aset props.
https://streamable.com/dlbw1c

Your log file might be useful.  Random guess: is the part config missing a rasterpropmonitorcomputer module?

Edited by JonnyOThan

• 1 month later...

RPM 0.31.13.3 is now avaiable:

Discord support server: https://discord.gg/vBDzZAq3AF. Please always post your KSP.log file when reporting issues.

Changes

• Add compatibility patches (fixes crashes) when using DeepFreeze or Heisenberg
  • The undock action now also decouples the attachnode (thanks @kkx2754)
  • Fixed corrupted text on batched labels

• 1 month later...

RPM 0.31.13.4 is now available!  Please allow a few minutes for CKAN to update.

Changes

• Add compatibility patches (fixes crashes) when using hypersonic cockpit from B9Aerospace
  • Fix navball rendering for non-square screens
  • Fix another case of garbled text
  • Improve science container menu page

9 hours ago, jebycheek said:

Receiving ERR that cause game freeze

[ERR 01:50:42.600] [JSICallbackAnimator]: Error in building prop number 42 - Could not find transform GlowBorder in prop pb_WARN_TUMBLE_ON-OFF-FT-B2

not a memory problem this time:)

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AkB1QZc745-WclkKCUSxeqFef-Q?e=RgkKUN

These are typically benign and caused by the prop batching system.  The freeze is likely something else.

update your FreeIVA.

Hm, actually this seems like a new issue in FreeIVA.

Edited by JonnyOThan

13 hours ago, jebycheek said:

Receiving ERR that cause game freeze

[ERR 01:50:42.600] [JSICallbackAnimator]: Error in building prop number 42 - Could not find transform GlowBorder in prop pb_WARN_TUMBLE_ON-OFF-FT-B2

not a memory problem this time:)

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AkB1QZc745-WclkKCUSxeqFef-Q?e=RgkKUN

Can you try to reproduce this and describe exactly what you were doing? 

1 hour ago, JonnyOThan said:

Can you try to reproduce this and describe exactly what you were doing? 

Yes of course, i was approaching one of my vehicle (2.3km), which has both ASET and MAS related IVAs installed. then the ERR occur, it's also happens when simply switching stock iva to ASET or MAS or DE_ ivas using Reviva in any support parts  during flight.

PS: I also noticed that the newest Freeiva corrupted the internal of sspx-expandable-centrifuge-375-2 from"GameData\StationPartsExpansionRedux\Parts\@thumbs" 

now kerbals will be throwing out of the part if unbuckled.

Edited by jebycheek

1 hour ago, jebycheek said:

Yes of course, i was approaching one of my vehicle (2.3km), which has both ASET and MAS related IVAs installed. then the ERR occur, it's also happens when simply switching stock iva to ASET or MAS or DE_ ivas using Reviva in any support parts  during flight.

PS: I also noticed that the newest Freeiva corrupted the internal of sspx-expandable-centrifuge-375-2 from"GameData\StationPartsExpansionRedux\Parts\@thumbs" 

now kerbals will be throwing out of the part if unbuckled.

Yeah, I've tracked down the centrifuge error, and the callbackanimator stuff is not really an issue.  But there's another spew of errors in your logs that I haven't been able to figure out yet.  It could possibly be related to the centrifuge though.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Geomacpac23 said:

HullCam VDS doesn't seem to work on the monitors, but it does when I open them manually. Any ideas to make it work on the monitors?

Thanks for the help. 

Can you please post your ksp.log file with all bug reports / requests for support?

• 3 months later...

Hello, do you know if there is a simple way to send textures to RPM screens? I would like to have the BDA radar window directly on a screen in IVA. I saw that I can copy what is done with external cameras, I tried to figure out how external cameras send textures to RPM but I'm a bit lost. Thanks for your help!

1 hour ago, Hippodingo said:

Hello, do you know if there is a simple way to send textures to RPM screens? I would like to have the BDA radar window directly on a screen in IVA. I saw that I can copy what is done with external cameras, I tried to figure out how external cameras send textures to RPM but I'm a bit lost. Thanks for your help!

Can you point me to the code that draws the radar in BDA?  The cameras might not be the right example to follow, but at the end of the day all you have to do is draw stuff to the MFD’s screentexture.

1 hour ago, JonnyOThan said:

Can you point me to the code that draws the radar in BDA?  The cameras might not be the right example to follow, but at the end of the day all you have to do is draw stuff to the MFD’s screentexture.

I found this, does it help?

Is rpm supported for aviation cockpits?. I'm on 1.12.5 and it seems like in the ksp.log that rpm is going bananas when aviation cockpits is installed. And when I spawn in with one of the cockpits my screen is rotated deep underground and I crash. I'm not sure what's the issue between the mods

12 minutes ago, lionbeast321 said:

Is rpm supported for aviation cockpits?. I'm on 1.12.5 and it seems like in the ksp.log that rpm is going bananas when aviation cockpits is installed. And when I spawn in with one of the cockpits my screen is rotated deep underground and I crash. I'm not sure what's the issue between the mods

Maybe post the log?

On 3/16/2024 at 4:05 PM, Hippodingo said:

I found this, does it help?

Not really...looking for something dealing with drawing to textures.

44 minutes ago, JonnyOThan said:

Maybe post the log?

Not really...looking for something dealing with drawing to textures.

im not sure how to directly post the log but here you go 

Just now, lionbeast321 said:

im not sure how to directly post the log but here you go 

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/4hk0i4322v531esipfdu5/KSP.log?rlkey=64z14vwptsi4wu2i16dkivjyj&dl=0