[1.8.x-1.12.x] - RasterPropMonitor (adopted)

JonnyOThan

On 5/13/2023 at 6:10 AM, JonnyOThan said:

Please always post logs with bug reports.

The warnings I believe are benign (but I should probably do something about it..) because they are modules trying to reference parts of props that got batched and no longer exist.

I got the log (I hope)!
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tVW48hq2qH8--0FpkxdcLWuQt6khghUh/view?usp=share_link

4 hours ago, JonnyOThan said:

Thanks, there's a lot of stuff in there that I think I've already addressed but definitely also some new things!

Alrighty. If you need anything else. I will let you know. Also the last patch has fixed some of the errors, so thank you for such a quick turnaround. Should I let the MoarDV guys take a look at my log as well?

7 minutes ago, Blufor878 said:

Alrighty. If you need anything else. I will let you know. Also the last patch has fixed some of the errors, so thank you for such a quick turnaround. Should I let the MoarDV guys take a look at my log as well?

It’s worth reporting, but MOARdV has officially retired, and some of those errrors are caused by the RPM batching system anyway

RPM 0.31.13.1 is now available:

Changes

• Fixed lots of bugs introduced with batching systems
  • Fixed persistence issues introduced in 0.31.12.0
  • Added patches to add RasterPropMonitorComputer modules to SSPX parts that are missing them

On 5/20/2023 at 8:35 PM, MAFman said:

Where are the attachable camera parts that the external camera menu alludes to?

RPM has two external camera parts included, so you dont *need* other mods specifically for camera parts.
Theyre located here, and they re-use a stock RCS model & Ant/Spider engine, respectively (so you now what they look lie in the Editor):
GameData\JSI\RasterPropMonitor\Library\Parts\ExternalCameraPart\

10 hours ago, Stone Blue said:

RPM has two external camera parts included, so you dont *need* other mods specifically for camera parts.
Theyre located here, and they re-use a stock RCS model & Ant/Spider engine, respectively (so you now what they look lie in the Editor):
GameData\JSI\RasterPropMonitor\Library\Parts\ExternalCameraPart\

No matter how I filter the parts menu, I can't find the camera. Is there something wrong with my installation?

On 5/22/2023 at 7:11 PM, JonnyOThan said:

Sure could be, but you'd need to post your logs.

Never mind, I just had to reinstall the mod. Something must've broken when I unzipped it the first time.

• 2 weeks later...

How do I get rid of the HUD on some of the cockpits?  Namely, the Mk1 cockpit (because I consider it a civilian cockpit, and don't really like having the HUD in it).

I can see the patch configuration files place props in their appropriate positions, but I am uncertain if deleting a specific prop entry is enough to remove the HUD prop.  Thank you for help!

-edit-

Yeah, I think I got it figured out by just deleting the simpleHUD prop line from the patch cfg.  Seems to have worked so far.

screenshot133.png
show duplicates online

Edited by Sarxis

• 2 weeks later...

I just had a CTD, apparently caused by RPM.

The CTD went away when I removed RPM.

I went back 2 versions to 0.31.13.0, and it was fine.

This is a fairly small install, I found it when doing some testing of another mod (DeepFreeze).

The crash happens when I launch a vessel, containing only a command capsule and a small DeepFreeze part

Here's the log:   https://www.dropbox.com/s/34hp878u1ld3m1a/Player-RPM-CTD.log?dl=0

Again, the CTD happens on versions 0.31.13.2 and  0.31.13.1, but not earlier

All mods installed via CKAN

Edited by linuxgurugamer

5 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I just had a CTD, apparently caused by RPM.

The CTD went away when I removed RPM.

I went back 2 versions to 0.31.13.0, and it was fine.

This is a fairly small install, I found it when doing some testing of another mod (DeepFreeze).

The crash happens when I launch a vessel, containing only a command capsule and a small DeepFreeze part

Here's the log:   https://www.dropbox.com/s/34hp878u1ld3m1a/Player-RPM-CTD.log?dl=0

Again, the CTD happens on versions 0.31.13.2 and  0.31.13.1, but not earlier

All mods installed via CKAN

I suspect this is the issue:

[RasterPropMonitor]: No RasterPropMonitorComputer module found on part CRY-0300Freezer for prop DFElectricGaugeBar in internal Cry-0300Internals 

RPM no longer creates RasterPropMonitorComputer modules at runtime; they should be added via cfg.

1 hour ago, JonnyOThan said:

RPM no longer creates RasterPropMonitorComputer modules at runtime; they should be added via cfg.

Ok, but that shouldn't cause a CTD.  That indicates a lack of error checking.  Given that this is being used with DeepFreeze (at least) which is somewhat idle, I think you should add a patch to add that to the DF parts.

1 hour ago, JonnyOThan said:

I suspect this is the issue:

[RasterPropMonitor]: No RasterPropMonitorComputer module found on part CRY-0300Freezer for prop DFElectricGaugeBar in internal Cry-0300Internals 

Ok, so I added it using a patch:

@PART[CRY-2300Freezer,CRY-0300RFreezer,CRY-1300Freezer,CRY-0300Freezer]:NEEDS[RasterPropMonitor]
{
        MODULE
        {
                name = RasterPropMonitorComputer
        }
}

and it works!

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, jwg12 said:

I don't know if my installation is wrong since I downloaded everything from ckan but here is the log file:
https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/bsdeeuugwz70q0f4hmg2q/KSP.log?rlkey=ns936pjb0wuk5dmc5bncw8pgx&dl=0

EXC 04:23:07.637] FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'VesselViewPlugin,

The ckan metadata for vesselviewer is not correct.  You need to install all 3 components even though it doesn’t say they depend on each other.

also, you should be using KSP 1.12.3 or later. Almost all mods for 1.8+ will work on the latest version but the reverse is not true.

Edited by JonnyOThan

8 hours ago, JonnyOThan said:

EXC 04:23:07.637] FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'VesselViewPlugin,

The ckan metadata for vesselviewer is not correct.  You need to install all 3 components even though it doesn’t say they depend on each other.

also, you should be using KSP 1.12.3 or later. Almost all mods for 1.8+ will work on the latest version but the reverse is not true.

Yeah, that seemed to be the issue, it's working now, thanks a lot for the help!

• 3 weeks later...