Bulb Evolved

Jiraiyah

Current Version : 1.8.x

Download : SpaceDoc , GitHub

Source : GitHub

We are all familiar with the ORIGINAL bulb plugin, the main developer didn't update the mod for long time and different people are maintaining it.

Here are some issues with the original code, the developer was using complex code to handle color change on light, and emissive color for the material.

How ever, it had issues with the editor, in other words, the emissive color wouldn't show up in some cases. Also, he would only change one light and one emissive color.

The code is rewritten using a template from very old plugin (Module Surface Light). The way this plugin is handling the events was much more flexible and made the code lots smaller and easier. So, I took it on myself, to rewrite the bulb code using this template, at the same time, fixing the issues with emissive color change and made it so that no matter how many lights and emissive objects we have, it will behave properly on all of them. Also, added two attributes to the module, these two are multipliers for the emissive color, they work hand in hand in the math formula, so with playing with the numbers, combined with the colors, you can achieve very nice effects on your light objects.

the License for original Bulb is GPLv3

the License for Module Surface Light is Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0

Edited by Jiraiyah

This is a very nice little thing to have. But as HebaruSan above is asking: Why doesn't your zip file have a folder structure? This is very much needed in order for CKAN to know how to organize it in an install, and so players who install manually have an idea where the files go. This is vital to the operation of a mod or anything that's downloaded and run. Try to always remember and to always meet this requirement when you do a release. :)

I mean, most mods all go in the same place.  I can see CKAN having issues, but I would hope we have enough faith in humanity for manual installers to figure it out.

edit: So there's no folder at all.  I see.  Well, I'll concede a mod folder at the very least would be worthwhile.

Edited by klgraham1013

2 hours ago, HebaruSan said:

Where should the files be installed? They're all in the root of the ZIP file. Usually there's a mod folder in there.

Ouch, I screwed Up in the folder zipping, just make a "Module Bulb Light" folder and put stuff in it, will fix it in few hours

5 minutes ago, zer0Kerbal said:
1 hour ago, Jiraiyah said:

Ouch, I screwed Up in the folder zipping, just make a "Module Bulb Light" folder and put stuff in it, will fix it in few hours

we've all been there. :D

Believe me, I know it. :sticktongue:

• 10 months later...
  • 4 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.