New UI

mcwaffles2003

5 minutes ago, prestja said:

We've seen this UI before, although I'm not sure if we've seen Kerbals on the left-hand side. Personally I'm a big fan of the new navball position - that's where I've moved it in KSP 1, more or less.

We have? I thought we've only had mockups so far based on what people saw when they've gone to see the demo

24 minutes ago, mcwaffles2003 said:

37uWga8.png

So I guess this is what it looks like

Credit on the pic to @Lijazos and @nepphhh

My enhance button is not working :(

EDIT: If anyone out there has Pixelmator Pro (MAC only), run it through the resolution  upscale feature and see what happens.

Edited by MechBFP

46 minutes ago, prestja said:

Personally I'm a big fan of the new navball position - that's where I've moved it in KSP 1, more or less.

I do the same. 

But this brings to mind the question of just how configurable the UI will be.

3 minutes ago, razark said:

I do the same. 

But this brings to mind the question of just how configurable the UI will be.

Right. If you were a player who enjoyed the navball being in the center of the screen, well, I don't see how that would be easily accomplished with this new UI.

Just now, prestja said:

Right. If you were a player who enjoyed the navball being in the center of the screen, well, I don't see how that would be easily accomplished with this new UI.

From how Star theory has expressed their work towards "enhanced modability" perhaps UI mods will become a thing and we will be able to configure them as we wish

Hoping for some multiple monitor support personally

3 minutes ago, mcwaffles2003 said:

From how Star theory has expressed their work towards "enhanced modability" perhaps UI mods will become a thing and we will be able to configure them as we wish

Hoping for some multiple monitor support personally

Oh and speaking of "enhanced modability" the YouTube account for KSP expressed interest in bringing mods to consoles. That would be outstanding.

23 minutes ago, mcwaffles2003 said:

So it was told in an interview that the VAB would have grid lines to help in assembling... Is this what we are looking at here or is this just a blender-esque modeling suite?

Neither. That's simply a mesh in the Unity Editor placed roughly at the origin. It's not in-game footage, it's in-engine.

7 hours ago, MechBFP said:

My enhance button is not working :(

EDIT: If anyone out there has Pixelmator Pro (MAC only), run it through the resolution  upscale feature and see what happens.

I tried waifu online but the source image isn't really tuned well for it. When I'm back at my home computer I can have a proper go...

19 hours ago, MechBFP said:

I can run it in trial mode.  Step me through exactly what you want to try - I ran the 'ML Super Resolution' and all I got was a larger blurry image.

3 minutes ago, DStaal said:

I can run it in trial mode.  Step me through exactly what you want to try - I ran the 'ML Super Resolution' and all I got was a larger blurry image.

Ya that was it. No other steps required as far as I am aware. Try the image that “The Aziz” posted instead, as it is much better to begin with. 

55 minutes ago, MechBFP said:

Ya that was it. No other steps required as far as I am aware. Try the image that “The Aziz” posted instead, as it is much better to begin with. 

I think someone else on the Internet has already done this, but here it is upscaled and then skew-corrected:

download

On 2/20/2020 at 6:49 PM, MechBFP said:

How would that help? You're not going to find anything new by upscaling it, basic or neural network. You're going to get bigger pixels with the former, and the latter is just going to create false details.

Just now, Bej Kerman said:

How would that help? You're not going to find anything new by upscaling it, basic or neural network. You're going to get bigger pixels with the former, and the latter is just going to create false details.

Read about the feature. It uses AI to enhance the image based on what it thinks should be there. Obviously not full proof, but as per the image above it helps sharpen numbers and what not. 

13 minutes ago, MechBFP said:

Read about the feature. It uses AI to enhance the image based on what it thinks should be there. Obviously not full proof, but as per the image above it helps sharpen numbers and what not. 

If all it's doing is sharpening the odd number and feature that's still visible on a blurry image, what's the point?