[BETA] KSRSS 0.7 - Kerbin (or x2.5) sized RSS

tony48

KSC location for the next release  

602 members have voted

1. 1. Where should the KSC be located?

• Cape Canaveral, Florida (28 degrees North)
    • Kourou, French Guiana (5 degrees North)

10 hours ago, Toaster355 said:

I'm going to put the exact same post I put in the Scatterer thread in here, because I am very desperate.

Scatterer refuses to change absolutely anything in the game...
I wasn't having this problem until I installed the volumetric clouds early access, even though I did everything the installation instructions told me to.

Gamedata folder: 

Hide contents

mtP4TCg.png

Log: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XCx80eg9GgSQ_bFs823UrqcRx3Phi0C8/view?usp=sharing

So, I gave up and tried reinstalling everything; EVE, Scatterer, and KSRSS/KSRSS 64k and no volumetrics and... Earth looks like this now?

bQhjDj6.png

Another gamedata folder and another log: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1L1lIMTsHXRyHBJ9ZP0NnjzB75wIpOLZU/view?usp=sharing

Reveal hidden contents

KTyXtqN.png

Or this view if it's easier to see:

gxeq9kP.png

I also installed KSRSS Scatter, and EVE (and all their dependencies obviously) on a clean install of the game, and Earth looked perfectly fine. But then I copied this backed-up save and added every mod I had in my other install, and it's back to being broken in the same way.

ANOTHER gamedata folder and log: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_c6AjWN6lQVg_SVYb0pGTVIAP1przCg2/view?usp=sharing

Reveal hidden contents

Qk2Ue1T.png

Something is screwing up Scatterer but I have no idea what.

I really want this fixed so my next post on Freedom can have those incredibly good looking clouds, but scatterer is just as necessary :(

Try removing GasGiantsEnhanced as it’s already built into KSRSS

p4VPcy3.png?ex=653aef5c&is=65287a5c&hm=1

Still looking for help with this bug...the AtmosphericBeats config is also causing this black limb as well. Is anyone else with the AtmosphericBeats KSRSS volumetric config experiencing this issue? Really immersion breaking and ominous.

Would appreciate any help as nothing has worked for me resolving this.

2 hours ago, Pxtseryu said:

p4VPcy3.png?ex=653aef5c&is=65287a5c&hm=1

Still looking for help with this bug...the AtmosphericBeats config is also causing this black limb as well. Is anyone else with the AtmosphericBeats KSRSS volumetric config experiencing this issue? Really immersion breaking and ominous.

Would appreciate any help as nothing has worked for me resolving this.

TEMPORARY FIX FOR THOSE USING SCATTERER/ATMOSPHERIC BEATS VOLUMETRICS:

-Go to Jupiter in map view

-Press Alt+F10 (or Alt+F11) to open Scatterer configs

-Set HR setting to a lower value than it is (i set it to 14.something)

-Mess around with the HM value below it until you have a sufficient setup

-Save

Doing this (mostly) abated the issue - it should only be an orbital thing. Thanks to Ballistic for basically holding my hand on this

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/30/2023 at 1:23 PM, Toaster355 said:

Strange, the city lights are not where they are supposed to be during the day and at night; it's almost like they're treated as clouds? But they don't move, and they are never where they're supposed to be.

It's pretty strange seeing city lights outlining Europe and Africa when I'm over the middle of the Southern Atlantic, and can be a screenshot ruined, too.

Log: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CRjQEZOqUZ61OqMVfDZd2_FSVoL-YVCA/view?usp=sharing

Hide contents

tzfOcgE.pngd7DBhoK.pngjoAMDOZ.png

I guess this can be a sneak peak for viewers of my Freedom thread, lol

Old post, but those city lights are outlining Kerbin's continents. You can notice it when looking at "Europe", which is completely misshapen. This may be simple advice, but have you checked that there's no other EVE configs in your GameData folder?

1 hour ago, Socowez said:

Old post, but those city lights are outlining Kerbin's continents. You can notice it when looking at "Europe", which is completely misshapen. This may be simple advice, but have you checked that there's no other EVE configs in your GameData folder?

Thank you for the help and the fix, but @OrbitalManeuvers already helped.
Even though I have no memory, I accidently installed Boulderco. so KSRSS was using the EVE configs for the stock system instead of the ones included with KSRSS.

Thank you again for the help though!

Edited by Toaster355

Tonight is a really bright full moon. In this mod’s current state, the view of the Moon from earth and in space is very dim compared to it’s real life counterpart. The real life moon stands out in the night sky, and on bright full moons, It even lights earths surface. However, the moon in KSRSS seems like an indistinguishable grey blob that is easy to miss in the sky. Is this the result of a graphics compromise? Or could it possibly be tweaked to be more realistic? Could it be my TUFX profile and I’m rambling about a non-existent problem? Anyway those are my thoughts. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/26/2023 at 11:14 AM, planekrish said:

Just wanted to ask if you could add a list of compatible star systems and planet packs, because I wanted to add REX and don't know if it's supported or not.

To my knowledge, considering that KSRSS only changes the solar system around, any planet pack that doesn't do that/only adds other systems should be fine. Adding more planets to the home system is a bit more complicated I think, but otherwise you should be fine.

I've performed an M700 scan of Earth and of the Moon, but toggling Resource Overlay from the scanner control window doesn't do anything, doesn't show any overlay.

Ore information appears on SCANsat maps of Earth after closing the game and opening the save again, not tested with the Moon yet.

1 hour ago, KerbalJeb said:

Just a random question is Uranus not supposed to have the tilt it has irl or does a mod i have flub it up

Stock KSP's engine is, for some stupid reason, hardcoded so that planets cannot have axial tilt different from the ecliptic, even in alternate solar systems with Kopernicus. You can fix this by using Principia, which throws out the entire engine in favor of a more realistic one, but Principia also adds n-body physics and several other mechanics which can have a pretty steep learning curve for inexperienced players. Planet mods also sometimes have to have built-in compatibility to work with Principia, but luckily KSRSS Reborn comes with this.

Edited by SpudNutimus

16 hours ago, SpudNutimus said:

Stock KSP's engine is, for some stupid reason, hardcoded so that planets cannot have axial tilt different from the ecliptic, even in alternate solar systems with Kopernicus. You can fix this by using Principia, which throws out the entire engine in favor of a more realistic one, but Principia also adds n-body physics and several other mechanics which can have a pretty steep learning curve for inexperienced players. Planet mods also sometimes have to have built-in compatibility to work with Principia, but luckily KSRSS Reborn comes with this.

It’s less about the engine more how they set up the rotating/stationary reference frames from what I can tell.

Tilt ‘em attempted to get around this by attaching some additional functions to account for rotation but the math is wrong to a certain extent and nobody has truely bothered with figuring it out.

Principia, understandably doesn’t have this issue as they’ve completely rewritten the way the reference frame system behaves.

I have another issue, installation works, but Earth is kerbin size if not even smaller and atmosphere ends at 69,1km. I see no "Configuration.cfg" in the files, only a "2.5xKSRSS.cfg" and that one is all set on being 2.5 so I don't understand why the planet feels even smaller then Kerbin

Also, I get no clouds despite installing KSRSSVE

Edited by gulan33

3 hours ago, gulan33 said:

>> I see no "Configuration.cfg" in the files, only a "2.5xKSRSS.cfg"

>> Also, I get no clouds despite installing KSRSSVE

So these two lines make it fairly clear you don't have the right thing installed. There's a link in the message literally just prior to your message. There is no "2.5xKSRSS.cfg" file any more, and there definitely is a configuration.cfg, and you won't need KSRSSVE. All you need is the reborn branch, scatterer and eve, and you should have clouds.

I would definitely suggest you delete everything in your GameData folder that smells like KSRSS, and then download the reborn branch from the gitlab link in the message above yours. Make sure you drill down in the download archive until you find the folder named KSRSS, inside of which there is a configuration.cfg, as well as other folders. Don't install anything other than that KSRSS folder from the archive (aside from all the requirements, and scatterer and eve)

Edited by OrbitalManeuvers