[BETA] KSRSS 0.7 - Kerbin (or x2.5) sized RSS

tony48

KSC location for the next release  

577 members have voted

1. 1. Where should the KSC be located?

• Cape Canaveral, Florida (28 degrees North)
    • Kourou, French Guiana (5 degrees North)

I've installed KSC Extended and nothing shows up in-game, even though the author of this mod claims it does? Is it not compatible with KSRSS reborn like Cape Kanaveral isn't?

Spoiler

h3EocAm.png

Gamedata folder:

Spoiler

jPBnZPt.png

Log: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FOGDfW76x3UurRbEKHYcQaUpgiEfMm9u/view?usp=sharing

Edited by Toaster355
According to a post on the Cape Kanaveral thread, it is not compatible with KSRSS Reborn

I wonder if anyone else has noticed the issue where, the moment your periapsis drops below the safe value for a gas giant, the game becomes unresponsive? Usually this happens for me when I'm trying to slow down an ion probe that already passed the planet itself, but is still in the SOI.

I am lazy and can't do math, but I want to build a small comm network of 3 satellites in a geosynchronous orbit around Earth.
What is a good perigee and apogee for dispensing these satellites? Is the height for geosynchronous the same as JNSQ?

1 minute ago, Toaster355 said:

I am lazy and can't do math, but I want to build a small comm network of 3 satellites in a geosynchronous orbit around Earth.
What is a good perigee and apogee for dispensing these satellites? Is the height for geosynchronous the same as JNSQ?

https://spacedock.info/mod/1954/KSP Resonant Orbit Calculator

This will give it to you precisely

i am coming back to this mod after a while.

Just one question,

does parallax work with this yet?

(edit: i remember getting this working with parallax but it was really funky and didn't really have all the features, didnt work that well)

Edited by NovaSuper
expanding on my statement

3 hours ago, NovaSuper said:

i am coming back to this mod after a while.

Just one question,

does parallax work with this yet?

(edit: i remember getting this working with parallax but it was really funky and didn't really have all the features, didnt work that well)

Yep. Download Parallax and Parallax_StockTextures as you would do normally, and download KSRSS as normal

Then, go inside the Parallax_StockTextures and delete "_Configs". Should work then, even with scatters!

Edited by Socowez
_Configs folder has an S at the end

20 hours ago, Socowez said:

Yep. Download Parallax and Parallax_StockTextures as you would do normally, and download KSRSS as normal

Then, go inside the Parallax_StockTextures and delete "_Configs". Should work then, even with scatters!

Thank you!

(and extra thank you for telling me how to properly install it :))

On 8/26/2023 at 3:13 AM, Toaster355 said:

8949km is GEO in KSRSS

• 2 weeks later...