The Kerbolar Kluster

kspnerd122

I dont want to do that as particles lag my game to 5 FPS, if i make it too big it just crashes the game, sorry not my fault

im making this mod so potato computers can run it(I have decent laptop with 8gb ram but others don't have best pc as well, i want it to be possible for anyone with the game on PC to play

23 hours ago, kspnerd122 said:

also wormholes will not be added because the mod will add larger ion drives as well as a few other useful parts, such as larger ion tanks, as well as a large nuclear engine that has more thrust and is also more efficient.

Pardon me. I don't want to sound like I'm trying to decide how you should make your mod, but, there are already many part packs out there that'll meet your needs, are finely crafted (either in looks or behavior), and do their jobs without ultimately producing laughably high thrust and Isp from stock fuel.

• Near Future Propulsion
  • Far Future Tech
  • KSP Interstellar
  • CEDA Future Tech (WIP, unreleased)
  • Photon Sailor (standalone, from KSPI)
  • Solaris Hypernautics
  • USI Karbonite Plus
  • WBI DSEV
  • Stuff I've made and may make soon™

A parts pack requires at least as much heart, soul, and knowledge of KSP's workings as does a planet pack so I don't think anyone would be disappointed if you take the energy you're budgeting to parts, and give it all to planet making. We have the parts already. We're just waiting on planets. ;)

23 hours ago, kspnerd122 said:

this is why wormholes will not be a thing, i feel they are cheaty, run KSPIE or some other mod, KSPIE does have warp drive, so there is not a reason for a wormhole, wormholes will not be added for this reason

Wormholes by nature are cheats, yes. But ask yourself "What are the downsides?" and you'll see that they're just as easily balanced off:

• It is unknown what the conditions are that would cause a wormhole to spawn in the first place. Whatever they are, chances are good that they are extreme and extremely rare.
  • When or where they do appear, they provide a nice, much-needed shortcut between two places that are incredibly far apart. (Not a downside but a fair advantage actually.As a planet maker,)
  • You're going to need quite some time and quite some engine in order to reach one anyway.
  • As a planet maker, simply don't put many of them, and never put them near a habitable planet. Strategic placement means the world when choosing where wormholes go. If you provide 5 star systems, place only 1 or 2 wormhole bridges. 3 is too much. A good range imo, for the number of wormholes in an interstellar neighborhood is (At minimum: the cube root of the number of systems. At maximum: the square root.)

Wormholes, warp drives, torch drives, and jump drives are all cheats, but all of these have equal and great disadvantages and great openings to fit together for an ideal interstellar highway infrastructure.

sorry i also dont know how to make a wormhole, also all the bigger ion drive will be is just a regular ion drive 2x as big and putting out 20x thrust(so you dont need to bother with other mods)

wormholes will not be added, and the mod is scaled back (also nall the distances will be shrunk so the furthest star is like 1 LY away, kerbol is the center of the cluster(easier that way) but there will only be a red giant to start(im loaded with school work ATM)

7 hours ago, kspnerd122 said:

sorry dude it just lags me and no i cant make som big gas giant(it would bar you from timewarping as well as slowing you down(good idea for  a forming system but it stops timewarp and lets you deploy chutes so NO

Your PC can't do a transparent image floating at a set of coordinates?

no massive planet will crash PC

also red giant is scaled down to 2 planets and 3 moons still 5 bodies, but moons are easier

there is 1 planet that is being altered to make room Roco will now have a moon orbiting it.

also dev on the STAR, not the planets, is complete. also roco will be inhabitable fully now, the mass will be slightly higher than kerbin though but less than eve, the air is also thinner but this is also fine.

• 2 weeks later...

Can you help make biome maps for rocky worlds as well as basic textures(so I can begin the planets)

once the first planets are done, I will open beta testing for the mod, however THE MOD WILL NOT BE COMPLETE FOR MONTHS, please do not review the mod.

Gas giant texture would also be appreciated

Hello there. I've noticed that the Grannus Expansion Pack (an absolutely beautiful mod, by the way) developed by OhioBob uses names of the Celtic gods to name his planets and moons. I personally find this to be a great idea, so if you struggle with naming your celestial bodies, you might want to search the wiki for some polytheistic pantheons. To give you some idea:

Sumerian gods (Shamash, Inanna, Enlil, Enki,...)

Egyptian gods (Ra, Osiris, Horus,...)

Slavic gods (Perun, Mokosh, Svarog,...)

Nordic gods (Odin, Thor, Freyja,...)

And many many more. There's a lot to chose from.

this is my first pack, also, I have my own naming plans(many of the current names are placeholders)

I am having each planet and star be named by a forum user, the user(if it is fine with them) will have their username mentioned in the description

Exion(the star Im working on, was named by @Hpl

If you have any names, feel free to share them, no matter how kerbal they are.

• 3 weeks later...

Dev notice, Sorry Guys, This mod is being delayed, I have School and I need to fix some stuff, at 1 month left until release I will post screenshots, However, I will likely take over Extrasolar Dev, as there have been no updates since 1.7.3, I will include it in this mod, and it will be unaltered, the only difference is it will orbit a bit further away with less ecentricity.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.