Awesome Space Plane

Elysium_41

A few months ago I watched a video about a Spaceplane that was a jack of all trades, it had a tail wing refueling station, 3 satellites, maybe a rover. I don’t remember all of it but I remember it was an awesome video on YouTube that I can’t find... if anyone has any clue what video I’m talking about please let me know!

There's a lot of those out there.   There are many many ways to skin a cat, and that's why you don't see any cat's in the game, they're all in hiding.  Take a look at our Spacecraft Exchange subforum for a plethora of designs that might interest you.     Now if you're more interested in the video than the design of the spacecraft, somebody might possibly recognize the video, but you might be better off digging through your YT history.

14 hours ago, Gargamel said:

There are many many ways to skin a cat, and that's why you don't see any cat's in the game, they're all in hiding.

Unless you have the KNES mod installed.

Or MM on April 1st...:sticktongue:

On 5/15/2020 at 7:07 AM, Elysium_41 said:

A few months ago I watched a video about a Spaceplane that was a jack of all trades, it had a tail wing refueling station, 3 satellites, maybe a rover. I don’t remember all of it but I remember it was an awesome video on YouTube that I can’t find... if anyone has any clue what video I’m talking about please let me know!

I tried a quick search but only came up with vehicles that had some but not all of those features. Is there anything else that could help identify it, such as where it flew to?

• 2 weeks later...

Well, my thoughts are:

Part count was way too high (often gratuitous, with uneccessary parts for looks).

The design was unstable with empty tanks, as seen when it approached laythe.

Much redundancy in the "air carriers", their purpose wasn't ver clear to me

Video trickery or mods would have been needed for those air dropped craft, since he had 2 craft flying simultaneously for a good period of time in the atmosphere

Refueling with his tailfin probe would be very. very tedious. It would also be impractical to reattach it and have the plane still fly straight (good luck getting it aligned close enough).

Its cool, but not very practical or realistic.

On 5/15/2020 at 8:40 PM, MaxxQ said:

Or MM on April 1st...:sticktongue:

Add the command line option " -nyan-nyan" and have fun every day of the year.  And it's functional!  Shows you how smoothly KSP is running.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.