[We need more posts! (Like seriously, a lot more)] Let's Make This the Megathread!

Misguided Kerbal

17: add most boosters.

18: blow up on bad

19: install kjr

20: crash game

21: if good: he to troubleshoot it yourself, post detailed explanations and logs in the forum

21: if bad: immediately go to the forum and get mad a squad. When somebody says it's probably mods poke the bears. Still no log.

Edited by catloaf

33. Build a Tylo lander.

34. Unbuild a Tylo lander with help from Tylo.

35. Build working Eve ascent vehicle.

36. Modify Eve ascent vehicle to land on Eve.

37. Test Eve ascent vehicle and find out it can't later get off Eve.

38. Revert to older version of lander and moar heatshilds!

39. Give up because of lag.

40. Admit defeat and download lander from Kerbalx.

41. Unadmit defeat and start over with minimalist low mass Eve lv philosophy.

42. Strap on heat shields and test. 

43. Do successful test, celebrate, turn off ksp and forget lander exists.

1 minute ago, Dman979 said:

Please keep forum games limited to the thread for them.

Ok then. I take it you're serious.

Just now, catloaf said:

~snip~

3 minutes ago, Dman979 said:

Please keep forum games limited to the thread for them.

When did you join KSP? I had the demo for a while, then I switched to the full version which was then 0.25, then I switched to the console version in November of 2016, some time in late 2018 or early 2019 I went back to the PC with Version 1.6, I stayed on that version until 1.8 came out, and I've been steadily upgrading ever since.

Started in late 2014, not sure which version that was though. I never played seriously until early 2019. In 1.8 I did docking for the first time,but that was because I had started watching YouTube videos rather than relying on flawed stock tutorials. I stuck with 1.8 until 1.10 came out and will probably convert my 1.8 install to a scaled up beyond home save or a jnsq save. I can now do pretty much any mission, admittedly I will underestimate my piloting an over budget a lot.

47 minutes ago, Misguided_Kerbal said:

I started with 1.7. I'm a noob, basically. 

You're not alone, I never sent one probe to Moho until probably around 2017, and have only sent a few probes, and only one manned mission there, same with Eeloo, except I haven't even returned, it's remarkable how little I've accomplished after 6 years of playing.

I have only done one mission out of Kerbin's soi, a Duna mission so over engineered that it would work in jnsq! I have plans for a Duna surface to lko crew and cargo transporter that can carry 6 crew. I also have plans for Duna exploration including nerva powered gliders wit a nose mounted parachute for vtol. A great plan for a realistic looking easy to launch surface base, and a few small short distance transfer rovers. There will also be an isru station for the plane,and it will use the landers isru to refuel.bAnd lariat the surface base. Most of the tech will be a simple as possible and designed to be a capable for Laythe, most importantly the base and Duna surface to lko transport vehicle, which will have a high thrust engine less version with more fuel for lko to llo transportation.

Edited by catloaf