Godzilla's atomic breathe: Nuclear salt-water?

I've always wondered what Godzilla's atomic breath could actually be composed of. It's depicted as glowing bright blue, is extremely hot, and highly radioactive.

JMYv4v3.jpg

However, the plume from a nuclear salt-water rocket from Nertea's upcoming Far Future Tech mod for KSP is an exact match for it, including in temperature and radioactivity:

Dhu3X1z.png

Given that Godzilla comes from the ocean, and his body probably contains the uranium isotopes that gave him his powers and made him grow so large, I think it's highly likely that his breath is the result of a NSW reaction.

3 hours ago, TheSaint said:

Let's just say I'd like to come about as close to either of them....

This, nuclear salt water is probably the most crazy rocket idea ever, its pretty much an orion pulse nuclear engine but in continuous mode. 
Better than Orion as its continuous and you don't need the bombs. Downside outside its crazy radioactive and the fuel is dangerous as in only thing more dangerous is antimatter is that it will be pretty big, the engine on the starship in KSP 2 is probably an more realistic size than the engine above. 
You are trying to contain an continuous nuclear explosion after all. 
That is the downside of lots of rocket engine designs, they are huge and only really practical for an ship sized craft. 

4 hours ago, magnemoe said:

This, nuclear salt water is probably the most crazy rocket idea ever, its pretty much an orion pulse nuclear engine but in continuous mode. 
Better than Orion as its continuous and you don't need the bombs. Downside outside its crazy radioactive and the fuel is dangerous as in only thing more dangerous is antimatter is that it will be pretty big, the engine on the starship in KSP 2 is probably an more realistic size than the engine above. 
You are trying to contain an continuous nuclear explosion after all. 
That is the downside of lots of rocket engine designs, they are huge and only really practical for an ship sized craft. 

Part of the concept of the NSWR is that the reaction occurs outside the engine. Whether or not this is possible or the mechanism by which it is achieved is not known. 

OP: The salt in Nuclear Salt Water is a uranium bromide salt, and I doubt Godzilla was able to acquire significant amounts. 

15 hours ago, TheSaint said:

Okay, you have inspired my new official nickname for NSWR fuel: Godzilla "liquid".

@Nertea, are we looking at any copyright issues if we just name the engine itself Godzilla? /s

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.