[1.8.1-1.9.1] Rescale Continued v.1.0.0

Profiremu23

I changed it to true and now it's giving me (exactly) 7 hour and 30 minute days.  Which seems correct by the Rescale patch  where it sets @dayLengthMultiplier = 1.25.  I don't really understand where it was gettting 7 hours and 28 minutes and odd seconds before.  I'll set it back to false to verify the behavior.

Downside is the times reported by the kOS script are still reporting incorrectly.  I'm assuming some fraction of the extra 1.5 hours is not being rendered somehow by kOS.  The timestamps/actual passage of time seems correct.  The calendar day reported by kOS seems correct too. Just that times can be off by 30 minutes (not 90 minutes like you might expect.)

Uninstalled the mod and got 6 hour days.   System date changed from Y1 D67 and 4:45-ish at startup to  Y1 D84 and 1:45-ish with it uninstalled.  This seems roughly what I'd expect for the time scale difference of 1.25x.   

With the mod installed, it seems to be ignoring useHomeDay altogether.  Day length is 7h 30m either way.

I think the 7h 28m thing was me being eyesight/math challenged.

I'm not sure what's up with kOS but it seems like a kOS issue.

On 4/5/2023 at 3:40 PM, Kurld said:

Uninstalled the mod and got 6 hour days.   System date changed from Y1 D67 and 4:45-ish at startup to  Y1 D84 and 1:45-ish with it uninstalled.  This seems roughly what I'd expect for the time scale difference of 1.25x.   

With the mod installed, it seems to be ignoring useHomeDay altogether.  Day length is 7h 30m either way.

I think the 7h 28m thing was me being eyesight/math challenged.

I'm not sure what's up with kOS but it seems like a kOS issue.

You could be seeing the difference between the solar day and the sidereal rotation period.  The first is rotation relative to the sun, while the later is rotation relative to the stars.  In stock KSP the solar day is 6 hours, while Kerbin's sidereal period is 5h:59m:09.4s.  The clock uses the solar day, but the sidereal period is what you see when looking at the information panel in the Tracking Station.  If you use a 1.25x multiplier, the solar day is going to be 7.5 hours.  But if you happened to look at something that displayed the sidereal period, you could have seen 7h:28m.

Yes, I believe you are correct about that.  After making the previous post at some point I was working out some calculations for predicting how far something traveled during one rotation of Kerbin and noticed that it was off by about that much.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, SpaceCube2000 said:

I keep getting this message when I try to open the Rescale.2.5x.zip file that I downloaded. 

https://github.com/Profiremu23/RescaleContinued/releases

use this link, but look near the bottom of the page where it says "Source Code (zip)" and download that link instead. It has all the versions in it, so be careful what you install.

But in good conscience, I gotta add that JNSQ is a far better choice than stock + 2.5 rescale, primarily because of better textures and more planets.

6 minutes ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

But in good conscience, I gotta add that JNSQ is a far better choice than stock + 2.5 rescale, primarily because of better textures and more planets.

JNSQ made everything look sickly green and very washed out and hazy looking on my machine. I never could get it to look "right" so I wound up swapping back to 2.5x stock which, while it would definitely benefit from higher resolution textures, at least looks somewhat like a real place where I'd like to spend some time.

3 hours ago, Kurld said:

JNSQ made everything look sickly green and very washed out and hazy looking on my machine. I never could get it to look "right" so I wound up swapping back to 2.5x stock which, while it would definitely benefit from higher resolution textures, at least looks somewhat like a real place where I'd like to spend some time.

ooh weird. Were you using scatterer 0.772? And maybe your tufx profile needed tweaking? I remember I needed to desaturate a little overall to get the grass to not be neon green. There was also a while where a colorfix.cfg was needed with certain Kopernicus versions. Anyway, that's a bummer it didn't look good on your system. Luckily it looks great on mine, without me doing anything except eve/scatterer and a couple decent tufx profiles.

Nah, I'm not talking about the neon green thing.  I did see that at one point as I was trying to figure out why it looked so very desaturated already.  I did have the old/correct scatterer and tried a variety of TUFX profiles and even tried to roll my own. In the end the only thing I could figure was it was some kind of artistic choice to make the home planet look like 1970s Los Angeles on a bad air day. Anyway I got rid of it and moved on to solving other problems, lol.

• 7 months later...

Are you using this in the latest version of KSP? 
There are people around saying this build was never good and they prefer the old one. But I keep getting warnings on the load screen saying it’s unsupported and prompts me to use version 1.3.1.

Should I use this version or the older one?

• 4 months later...
15 hours ago, A_Kuba said:

I can't find a way to download modular flight integrator as I am not good at navigating through github

It's bundled with FAR and Kopernicus. Download either of those.

If you need the source then you might need to upgrade your search skills. I found its Git too easily https://github.com/sarbian/ModularFlightIntegrator