BobCat Ind. - Colonization, exploring and research vehicle

BobCat

Hey, I just found something interesting.

r7cut.gif

It's a diagram comparing Molniya, Vostok and Voskhod. It seems that in order to make Molniya and Polyot rockets, Bobcat would only have to model a single rocket stage and an in-line fairing. It'd be really nice to have those early Russian rockets in KSP. :) Also, Sputnik looks very similar to Polyot, it'd just need the Sputnik istelf.

Edited by Guest

Hey, I just found something interesting.

r7cut.gif

It's a diagram comparing Molniya, Vostok and Voskhod. It seems that in order to make Molniya and Polyot rockets, Bobcat would only have to model a single rocket stage and an in-line fairing. It'd be really nice to have those early Russian rockets in KSP. :) Also, Sputnik looks very similar to Polyot, it'd just need the Sputnik istelf.

Wrong thread im pretty sure.

Blegh, I like the old Rovers, why don't you update them????

Try reading the thread some......

The current DEMVs can be made to work very simple by anyone with 1/2 a brain...so kinda pointless for BobCat to work on em.

PLUS, there is gonna be a new line of DEMV rover........

Blegh, I like the old Rovers, why don't you update them????

Im Explaine.

old rovers use plug-in for the wheels. This creates several problems

1. No damage to the system

2. No operating system dynamically suspension

And most importantly, I can not be 100% sure that this plugin will update with a patch.

So I decided to restart the line of the old rovers are not using third-party plug-ins, it needs to redo the whole job done.

Im Explaine.

old rovers use plug-in for the wheels. This creates several problems

1. No damage to the system

2. No operating system dynamically suspension

And most importantly, I can not be 100% sure that this plugin will update with a patch.

So I decided to restart the line of the old rovers are not using third-party plug-ins, it needs to redo the whole job done.

I'd figured those were the reasons. And the new rover's (I've only seen one so far) art style is a bit different but im willing to give bobcat some trust and wait and see :)

• 2 weeks later...

One thing I'd at least like to see again from Bobcat (if it isn't too much of a bother Bobcat) is the DEMV 4 DROP. The idea of having one come prepackaged for delivery from orbit is a nice mechanic and I'd like to work with it myself.

Also, are there any plans for making another rover that fits in the HOME 3m garage? or is the plan to redesign said garage for a new rover?

I have a lot of new ideas, but it takes time to make something really new, then what will be interesting to explore new planets.

And in this study should be washed away.

Now I'm thinking about working with dense Khetane pack

and yes... D.R.O.P. system return soon.

That Gen2 DEMV4 , and that already have DROP platform, but me need make many change

3b72ddd4920d375db3c4c5e1de6b5ef8.png

170951f3d7d3fb8a6fe900c9756cda94.png

Edited by BobCat

I have a lot of new ideas, but it takes time to make something really new, then what will be interesting to explore new planets.

And in this study should be washed away.

Now I'm thinking about working with dense Khetane pack

and yes... D.R.O.P. system return soon.

That Gen2 DEMV4 , and that already have DROP platform, but me need make many change

3b72ddd4920d375db3c4c5e1de6b5ef8.png

170951f3d7d3fb8a6fe900c9756cda94.png

Love the double wheels in the back! A Kethane related mod would be fantastic, would be interesting to see what you come up with!

All I ask is more IVA's, those are my favourite parts of your packs. :)

Every time I see someone come in here and say, "I can't find the download," I reach my hand up to my forehead and rub my temples as I laugh at the history of this thread.

@pdog1111, Go to Kerbal Spaceport, and search Bobcat. The reason why no links are here is because Bobcat got angry at people being... well people.

@Viperwofl, Yeah, it's the plugin, can't do anything about that, so just gotta wait to see what Bobcat has in store for us.

You know that "go to Spaceport and search" isn't a generally liked method? The tag system sucks, you could probably find what you want by searching "BobCat", yes, but amidst a thousand of .craft files uploaded by people playing with BobCat's stuff. IMO, the .craft files should be a separate category, if not thrown out of Spaceport entirely, most of the time, they just clutter up the search.

@Viperwolf, As far as I can tell, I made it up, but if something subconsciously affected me, I wouldn't know :P

I didnt know that I got the phrase 'mother pussbucket' from Ghostbusters after I'd seen it for the bazillionth time 20 years after it came out. It wasnjust something I said.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm trying to get the Ant to drive. Everything seems to work (Lights, steering, gear), but it won't actually go forwards or backwards. I did all the updates to the .cfg files that this thread said to do, and I got the latest CleverBobCat.dll I could find (Ver. 1.2.0 separate download from spaceport). But since the update to HOME on spaceport, it doesn't appear that there is a .dll in there anymore. Any suggestions?

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.