Failed Saturn V replica

https://imgur.com/a/1iCLg5r

This rocket has failed during S-IB separation (the ring between stage one and stage two failed to separate, it stuck on stage two, even with separate rocket and I checked all my staging). did you guys have any ideas about how to fix this?

Edited by T-20000

5 hours ago, T-20000 said:

https://imgur.com/a/1iCLg5r

This rocket has failed during S-IB separation (the ring between stage one and stage two failed to separate, it stuck on stage two, even with separate rocket and I checked all my staging). did you guys have any ideas about how to fix this?

Craft file would be helpful

57 minutes ago, GuessingEveryDay said:

Why are there Mainsails on the bottom? Judging from that, maybe you're using the wrong parts.

Don't have enough thrust on KE-1 engine

2 hours ago, jimmymcgoochie said:

It's impossible to tell what might be wrong from a single long-range shot- a close up view in the VAB editor would be much more useful. You did put the decoupler on the right way round?

Yes, I did put the decouplers in the right way

Edited by T-20000

So, what I've found while attempting to tackle the same problem is two-fold: 1) Getting the S-IB to separate cleanly while retaining the interstage ring, and 2) Getting the interstage ring to leave the rocket "nicely".

Given the conversation about your choice of engine, I would humbly suggest you may be over-fueled... when I created my Saturn V Doppelganger, my booster tanks were more empty than full - and I used the more highly Apollo-like pieces to recreate a reasonable facsimile, as I'm sure most folks would prefer.

Rather than try and describe little details (and thus bore you and/or anyone), I'll just post it to kerbalx:  https://kerbalx.com/Wobbly_Av8r/Apollo-Saturn-V so you can get some ideas for how you might solve your construction issues...

The solution I found for the interstage ring separation was to detach the S-IB with a TD-50 decoupler, the interstage ring being formed by a fairing which is not 'deployed' (as most fairings usually are) but 'staged' because it is attached to the S-IIC by one of the nodes of the engine plate upon which the 5 RE-I2 second stage engines are attached. One last note here - the T-50 Structural Tube section that I've seen used for this section is very 'draggy' and difficult to get to separate properly, hence the solution I chose.

Edited by Wobbly Av8r

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.