Can you play KSP on mobile?

Spaceman50

21 minutes ago, Spaceman50 said:

Can you play KSP on mobile i mean i play it on my pc but i want to play it when i head to school

Give it time... the tech will catch up sooner or later.

6 minutes ago, Vanamonde said:

KSP does not have a mobile version. The simulation requires too much processing power. 

Ditto.

11 minutes ago, Vanamonde said:

KSP does not have a mobile version. The simulation requires too much processing power. 

4 minutes ago, Spacescifi said:

Give it time... the tech will catch up sooner or later.

Aside from processing power, another issue is controls - how exactly are you going to fit all of KSP's controls onto a mobile phone screen?

@Spaceman50 I'd recommend you check out Spaceflight Simulator or Simple Rockets. They're similar to KSP but are designed and optimised to work on mobile devices.

3 hours ago, RealKerbal3x said:

Aside from processing power, another issue is controls - how exactly are you going to fit all of KSP's controls onto a mobile phone screen?

@Spaceman50 I'd recommend you check out Spaceflight Simulator or Simple Rockets. They're similar to KSP but are designed and optimised to work on mobile devices.

Perhaps this is absurd, but some folks who are serious enough would plug a portable keyboard to their 'computer'....I mean phone

Barring that? Voice control might become good enough, and simplified phone controls along with that.

Just guessing.

Edited by Spacescifi

6 minutes ago, Spacescifi said:

Perhaps this is absurd, but some folks who are serious enough would plug a portable keyboard to their 'computer'....I mean phone

Barring that? Voice control might become good enough, and simplified phone controls along with that.

Just guessing.

I'm waiting for it to be available via Oculus Quest.  Yeah, VR, baby!

5 minutes ago, Spacescifi said:

Just guessing.

What if you're on the train, or other public space, and you want to play some KSP on your phone to pass the time? You obviously don't have enough space to plug a keyboard into your phone, and people are going to look at you funny if you say something like 'Decrease throttle to 50%' out loud. At that point, why not just wait until you get home to play KSP on your considerably more powerful PC? The entire point of a mobile version of KSP (IMO) would be the ability to play on the go

On 10/26/2020 at 2:50 PM, Spacescifi said:

Just guessing.

well i do have spaceflight simulator but i perfer ksp

If you have GeForce NOW you can play anything on mobile :P

May not be easy but it's possible. I'm pretty sure you can "bind keys" to parts of the screen and whatnot with it. Though building a rocket or something efficiently may be a bit difficult.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.