Low-Tech Plane

ImANoob

I just built a working sience plane(two experiments) that can travel twice the distance of the island airfield with only the first two rows of my tech tree completed and aviation unlocked, with a lv1 spacelane hangar. Im proud of myself because im bad at this game

Edited by ImANoob

12 hours ago, ImANoob said:

I just built a working sience plane(two experiments) that can travel twice the distance of the island airfield with only the first two rows completed and plane parts unlocked, with a lv1 spacelane hangar. Im proud of myself because im bad at this game

Congratulations on your success! :)

(And welcome to the forums.)

Would you like to post a picture of your plane so we can admire it?

(How to do this: Take a screenshot with F1. Post it to some public image sharing site. Any will work, but most folks use imgur.com because it's easy to use and doesn't require you to make an account. Once the pic is posted there, just right click on the image, choose "copy image location", and then paste that URL here in the forum and it'll be automagically converted to an in-line image in your post.)

20 hours ago, ImANoob said:

I just built a working sience plane(two experiments) that can travel twice the distance of the island airfield with only the first two rows completed and plane parts unlocked, with a lv1 spacelane hangar. Im proud of myself because im bad at this game

making a plane is extra difficult. i struggled a lot with it. now i'm just about to recovering my electric propeller plane that explored all the biomes of laythe and came back

On 12/11/2020 at 7:35 PM, ImANoob said:

Im proud of myself because im bad at this game

Huzzah! Well done you. We are all bad at this game the first thousand or so attempts at something,  but we just keep adjusting things until we are astonished by our success... This is the way.

On 12/12/2020 at 8:24 AM, Snark said:

Congratulations on your success! :)

(And welcome to the forums.)

Would you like to post a picture of your plane so we can admire it?

(How to do this: Take a screenshot with F1. Post it to some public image sharing site. Any will work, but most folks use imgur.com because it's easy to use and doesn't require you to make an account. Once the pic is posted there, just right click on the image, choose "copy image location", and then paste that URL here in the forum and it'll be automagically converted to an in-line image in your post.)

Thanks! I'll take a screenshot later

On 12/12/2020 at 5:13 PM, Anth12 said:

I avoided planes for the longest time...and I am still not that great at them

If a supposed newbie can make one that works well. good job

I found out relatively quickly that all you have to do s align the aerodynamic overlay (center of lift) with the center of mass vertically and align center of thrust with the center of mass horizontally.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.