[1.11.x - 1.12.3] Galaxies Unbound: A Stellar Odyssey™ [1.3.1]&[1.4.3] [27June 2023]

StarCrusher96

39 minutes ago, RayneCloud said:

Oh, I wouldn't know a fix at all, SC.. but looks like @R-T-Bhad a Kopernicus fix?

At least for stars shining through bodies yeah.  It was another fun distant collider bug we had to work around.

KSP wouldn't be KSP without bugs though. lol

37 minutes ago, R-T-B said:

At least for stars shining through bodies yeah.  It was another fun distant collider bug we had to work around.

KSP wouldn't be KSP without bugs though. lol

*is reminded of running the experimental testing team way back when she was CM* Don't I know it... lol TY for the hard work there RTB <3 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/7/2021 at 12:17 PM, StarCrusher96 said:

Systems were tested for orbital stability and they should be stable - but the mod isn't built to support principia mechanics. 

Is this due to the barycenters for binary system etc.?

Since the stars etc. can orbit them, they probably have a non-zero mass, which would cause problems with principia.

Simply setting their mass to zero with a patch will change the initial position and velocity of the orbiting bodies since the mass determines the orbital period and the orbital parameters contain two values that depend on the period: [epoch] and [meanAnomlyAtEpoch].

I believe you can set the period to a fix value, if the orbit's mode is set to 0. (all configs I've come accross so far that had an explicit period value also had "mode=0".)

My idea of patch that could make GU principia compatible without needing to reassign parent bodies and recalculating orbital parameters:

Spoiler

< >  brackets are used for placeholders.

Best served with a grain of salt .

@Kopernicus:AFTER[Principia]
{
	@Body[<barycenter>]
	{
		@Properties
		{
			%mass = 0
			%radius = 1
			%sphereOfInfluence = 1
			//idk if setting the last 2 to 0 would cause problems.
		}
	}

@Body[<body orbiting a barycenter>]
	{
		@Orbit 
		{
			%mode = 0
			%period = <calculated period>    	    
		}
	}

}

Spoiler

(example taken from the mod "Strange new worlds", body: Polaris A-B Barycenter)

Properties
{
	description = The system barycenter and core. Not much to see here, move along. Insert haha funni joke here.
	displayName = Polaris System
	mass = 1.152E+29
	radius = 2000000
	sphereOfInfluence = 10000000000000
}
Orbit
{
	referenceBody = Sun
	iconTexture = StrangeNewWorlds/Textures/PluginData/Icons/AB.png
	inclination = 90	//0
	eccentricity = 0.0561 //0.6
	semiMajorAxis = 4096496294627486 //930498755754.0
	period = 1E+12
	longitudeOfAscendingNode = 0
	argumentOfPeriapsis = 0
	meanAnomalyAtEpochD = 89 //0
	epoch = 0
	color = 1,1,1,1
	mode = 0
}

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

In order to get all the mods ready for KSS2, i've closed the repositries for maintenance (removing dated versions, fixing latest ones - providing patches). They will come back online after KSS2 release.

Edited by StarCrusher96

Hi there, i get in here, because i tried to download the KSS. So, why you dont save github on KSS and GU? Basically, i dont want to wait months for new mod, when i just dont want to play then. Do you still have last version of KSS? I think you'll be thanked for it.

On 1/12/2024 at 3:57 PM, StarCrusher96 said:

In order to get all the mods ready for KSS2, i've closed the repositries for maintenance (removing dated versions, fixing latest ones - providing patches). They will come back online after KSS2 release.

I really need GU now, Is there a second option?

On 1/13/2024 at 9:03 PM, jebycheek said:

I really need GU now, Is there a second option?

Looking around, It seems that slightly older versions are available on The Internet Archive. Cannot verify if they are safe for windows because I use Linux, however they were uploaded by CKAN despite GU not being on the CKAN program itself.

On 1/18/2024 at 11:02 AM, Octahedran said:

Looking around, It seems that slightly older versions are available on The Internet Archive. Cannot verify if they are safe for windows because I use Linux, however they were uploaded by CKAN despite GU not being on the CKAN program itself.

Thanks mate, good to know.