[1.11.x - 1.12.3] Galaxies Unbound: A Stellar Odyssey™ [1.3.1]&[1.4.3] [27June 2023]

StarCrusher96

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I noticed two bugs,

-  two flares, one from kerbol and the other from mod stars.

- When im landend on minmus and enter the orbital menu and im set to one of mod planets, my vehicle is thrown upwards at about 26 m/s

Im using GalaxiesUnbound Alpha Centauri and Galaxies Unbound: A Stellar Odyssey installed from ckan

KSS2.png

Introducing Kerbal Star Systems 2 - Embark on a Galactic Journey! 

Greetings, fellow space enthusiasts! It's with immense excitement that we unveil the next chapter in our cosmic odyssey: Kerbal Star Systems 2! A universe of infinite possibilities awaits you as we venture into the interstellar realm.

Remember the thrills and challenges that Kerbal Star Systems brought to your screens? We've been hard at work over the past several months, crafting a spectacular successor that combines the best of both KSS and GU. While this isn't a mere continuation of those beloved mods, it's the culmination of everything we've learned and experienced in those galaxies.

But wait, there's more! As we chart a new course among the stars, we must bid farewell to the previous chapters of GU and KSSGU. Fear not, though, as these treasured creations will still be maintained and cared for, ensuring that your nostalgic journeys can continue unhindered.

Prepare to take flight once again, with Kerbal Star Systems 2 as your vessel. Stay tuned for more updates and prepare to explore the cosmos like never before. The universe beckons, and your destiny among the stars awaits! 

Edited by StarCrusher96

On 8/3/2023 at 5:40 AM, StarCrusher96 said:

GU is no longer officially available on CKAN. This due to many reports from users. 

I wish you'd reconsider.  Obviously I don't know what you've been through, but I provide a lot of support on discord for people and CKAN would have prevented like 95% of the issues that I see.

GU is certainly more complex than most mods though, with all the optional planet packs and homeswitches.

If you're not aware, I used GU for a while on my "twitch plays ksp" stream and it was a ton of fun, so I definitely have a soft spot for it and I'd love for others to be able to enjoy it.  If you'd like to reconsider, and need anyone to help wrangle the CKAN metadata to make it more reliable, I'd be willing.

(edit: I'm currently reading back through the GU discord for context)

Edited by JonnyOThan

22 hours ago, StarCrusher96 said:

KSS2.png

Greetings, fellow space enthusiasts! It's with immense excitement that we unveil the next chapter in our cosmic odyssey: Kerbal Star Systems 2! A universe of infinite possibilities awaits you as we venture into the interstellar realm.

Remember the thrills and challenges that Kerbal Star Systems brought to your screens? We've been hard at work over the past several months, crafting a spectacular successor that combines the best of both KSS and GU. While this isn't a mere continuation of those beloved mods, it's the culmination of everything we've learned and experienced in those galaxies.

But wait, there's more! As we chart a new course among the stars, we must bid farewell to the previous chapters of GU and KSSGU. Fear not, though, as these treasured creations will still be maintained and cared for, ensuring that your nostalgic journeys can continue unhindered.

Prepare to take flight once again, with Kerbal Star Systems 2 as your vessel. Stay tuned for more updates and prepare to explore the cosmos like never before. The universe beckons, and your destiny among the stars awaits! 

Sad, i love GU and hate KSS. it was a great adventure to play on GU, I hope he gets the ending he deserves :/

On 8/9/2023 at 11:22 AM, StarCrusher96 said:

KSS2.png

I cant wait for this! This is gonna be one of the best things to happen to KSP since KSS and GU. :D

2 hours ago, StarCrusher96 said:

I'm sorry but going forward I rather keep my mods from CKAN until I figured out a way to make it CKAN user friendlier.

Well that's kind of what I mean - if you don't want to bother having to figure out how to make it work with CKAN, other people can do that for you.

17 hours ago, JonnyOThan said:

Well that's kind of what I mean - if you don't want to bother having to figure out how to make it work with CKAN, other people can do that for you.

Yeah tried that, problem is that if there are problems it always comes to me. Not that person.
So right now, I'll have to decline help for CKAN

I find the best way to resolve these kind of things is involve an interested party, such as JonnyOThan, and also discuss it directly (as a party) with the CKAN team, typically on their Discord. That way, you have an enthusiastic stakeholder that can sort out the pull requests for the NetKAN files, you as the subject matter expert on dependencies and intricacies of setup, and the CKAN team who know their system and eventually get to know your mod and its setup through handling of the files. 

Honestly, its usually just a lack of communication with the CKAN team (who are very nice and helpful people) that lets situations like this occur.

Edited by Poodmund

4 hours ago, Poodmund said:

I find the best way to resolve these kind of things is involve an interested party, such as JonnyOThan, and also discuss it directly (as a party) with the CKAN team, typically on their Discord. That way, you have an enthusiastic stakeholder that can sort out the pull requests for the NetKAN files, you as the subject matter expert on dependencies and intricacies of setup, and the CKAN team who know their system and eventually get to know your mod and its setup through handling of the files. 

Honestly, its usually just a lack of communication with the CKAN team (who are very nice and helpful people) that lets situations like this occur.

I agree completely, tho I took GU off CKAN because my focus is now on KSS2 and allthough  GU will be maintained. I'd rather keep GU only available via Github and not have to worry about it.

On 8/10/2023 at 6:28 PM, StarCrusher96 said:

@senpai13004 Ever had the chance to play KSS?

@JonnyOThan I'm sorry but going forward I rather keep my mods from CKAN until I figured out a way to make it CKAN user friendlier.

Yep and I didn't really like it. I might try KSS2 :wink:. Do you know when it will be out? It's to know if I speed run the visit of the last 4 systems or if I take my time.

Awesome work on this! Is there any reason why some planets might be missing their atmospheres? I have v1.3.1.1 with Scatterer 0.0838, EVE Redux 1.11.7.1, and the BoulderCo pack. And I just happened to notice Borr has no atmosphere, although the wiki says it should:

Spoiler

ViHEkdy.jpg

I haven't checked them all, but the other planets look fine to me. Here's Blalo for reference:

Spoiler

BVmdX2A.jpg

Also I found the atmo.cfg for Blalo, but not sure why it wouldn't be applying when it's working for other planets. Here is my log and gamedata in case that helps: https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/jj8pdyi18dok1zmcuz72p/PlayerGU.log?rlkey=v2tbzydthnb0et693x9pzgpv8&dl=0

o6lkjhV.png

My apologies if this has been asked and addressed somewhere already, I couldn't find anything with a bit of searching.

Edited by mrlafle
image replaced

11 hours ago, StarCrusher96 said:

confirmed. Do you know a fix?

This should have been fixed in the latest Kopernicus, at least the part about stars shining through planets in the tracking center.  It took a bit, but I finally found that ones cause.

Edited by R-T-B