MiniKerbalShuttle v1.5

DimonD

19 hours ago, DimonD said:

Итак, некоторый прогресс:

Изменена форма крыла.

screenshot72.png

Двери грузового отсека теперь работают как солнечные панели.

screenshot71.png

А также начал делать детали для космической станции.

ST.png

It looks amazing, but on one leaf where there is a solar panel, one is standing correctly, and the other is torn off from the very stem by the other end.

5 hours ago, Yaroslav said:

It looks amazing, but on one leaf where there is a solar panel, one is standing correctly, and the other is torn off from the very stem by the other end.

I didn't understand what you mean, but still it's just a demonstration, the work is not completed.

On 5/29/2022 at 10:27 AM, DimonD said:

So some progress:

Changed the shape of the wing.

screenshot72.png

The doors of the cargo compartment now work like solar panels.

screenshot71.png

And also began to make parts for the space station.

ST.png

Damn, this is a beauty!

What will be sizes of station parts?

On 30.05.2022 at 18:47, DimonD said:

Я не понял, что вы имеете в виду, но все же это просто демонстрация, работа не завершена.

It is clear, but it is still possible to make the cargo compartment of the shuttle longer for larger satellites.

4 minutes ago, Yaroslav said:

It is clear, but it is still possible to make the cargo compartment of the shuttle longer for larger satellites.

That would defeat the purpose of "mini". But, @DimonD, weren't you working also in an Energia-II like LV?

Also, for larger shuttles you have cormorant aeronology, SSTU, and MK 2.5 mods, not counting spaceplanes ones like MK-33, and Mark 4 mods

Edited by Guest

On 6/3/2022 at 12:31 PM, nothingSpecial said:

Damn, this is a beauty!

What will be sizes of station parts?

1.5m ,but the docking station will be standard 0.625m.

20 hours ago, Forked Camphor said:

@DimonD, weren't you working also in an Energia-II like LV?

At the moment I am not doing it.

Recently there was a small tragedy, I reinstalled the system on the computer, while saving all the files, but now all the files for this add-on are missing in Unity, they are simply invisible, it crippled me a lot... ;.;

Edited by DimonD

58 minutes ago, DimonD said:

At the moment I am not doing it.

Recently there was a small tragedy, I reinstalled the system on the computer, while saving all the files, but now all the files for this add-on are missing in Unity, they are simply invisible, it crippled me a lot... ;.;

It's a shame, it would have been the only Energia-II mod in KSP, but I understand. It has happened something similar to me in the past, and I stopped recording for a long time because of that. All that work lost.

Take your time, the motivation will eventually come back when the frustration wears away

A new update (Since the files for the add-on are lost, it is quite possible that for the shuttle itself and all other parts this will be the last update.)

V 1.5

1. Changed the shape of the side fins of the shuttle.

2. Now, instead of a simple animation, cargo doors will generate electricity when opened.

Download:

https://spacedock.info/mod/2678/KerbalMiniShuttle

10 hours ago, DimonD said:

A new update (Since the files for the add-on are lost, it is quite possible that for the shuttle itself and all other parts this will be the last update.)

Damn, I was just starting to use this too,

On 6/14/2022 at 4:50 AM, chaos113 said:

i wish the mod still had the old test version 

i also miss the et with the engine mounts 

Well, the test version was for... tests, so there's no point in bringing it back. :)

On 6/13/2022 at 10:00 PM, Foefue said:

Damn, I was just starting to use this too,

So far it works.

1 hour ago, DimonD said:

By the way...

image.png

It's still alive.

Although the rescue system of the central unit is still in development.

screenshot75.png

screenshot78.png

screenshot79.png

Awesome! It's beautiful!

10 hours ago, DimonD said:

Кстати...

изображение.png

Он все еще жив.

Хотя система спасения центрального блока все еще находится в разработке.

скриншот75.png

скриншот78.png

скриншот79.png

At least something has survived from the files, but it will be a completely different mod, or will new details be included in the modMiniKerbalShuttle v1.4 ?

13 hours ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

So I was able to install 1.5 and didn't have any problems with existing craft.

For me though, there is still a major waterfall issue that causes a flood of nullrefs. I can't leave the WF folder installed.

Hide contents

amypoUl.png

I have no idea what's wrong with cfg for WF, so in the future its support will be removed, at least until I figure out how to make it work correctly.

5 hours ago, chaos113 said:

would it be possible to add an et with an engine mount like the old one and non angled engines for the shuttle oms

I think that this is possible, you just need to get the parts for this rocket in the SpaceDock archives, transfer it to the game folder and set the path to the files through .cfg

5 hours ago, Yaroslav said:

At least something has survived from the files, but it will be a completely different mod, or will new details be included in the modMiniKerbalShuttle v1.4 ?

It will be a completely different mod. Although it is quite possible that in the future it will be adapted to work with the MKS in the form of a payload.

The winged version will look something like this, I hope he can really fly normally.

GK-176-blend.png

SStage.gif

1 hour ago, DimonD said:

I have no idea what's wrong with cfg for WF, so in the future its support will be removed, at least until I figure out how to make it work correctly.

I think that this is possible, you just need to get the parts for this rocket in the SpaceDock archives, transfer it to the game folder and set the path to the files through .cfg

It will be a completely different mod. Although it is quite possible that in the future it will be adapted to work with the MKS in the form of a payload.

The winged version will look something like this, I hope he can really fly normally.

GK-176-blend.png

SStage.gif

Would this have a retractable cargo bay on the front like this picture?

Spoiler

main-qimg-49cf66e04e17a5d94da771bdddc58b

It seems you opt to have the payload on the side and remove the vertical stabilizer, but that way wouldn't the boosters hit the wingtips when decouple?

Also, do you accept ideas and suggestions or you already have your vision for this mod?

Edited by Guest

2 hours ago, Forked Camphor said:

Would this have a retractable cargo bay on the front like this picture?

Although it looks like, but this is not Energia-2, therefore a retractable cargo compartment is not even in the plans.

2 hours ago, Forked Camphor said:

It seems you opt to have the payload on the side and remove the vertical stabilizer, but that way wouldn't the boosters hit the wingtips when decouple?

Also, do you accept ideas and suggestions or you already have your vision for this mod?

Boosters will separate differently than SSRB, or blocks-A, so everything is in order.

Of course, I have my own vision of add-on, otherwise I would not be engaged in it.  :)
But other ideas are interesting and it is possible that I will listen to them, not at all against them.

11 hours ago, DimonD said:

sorry to report that. please don't take one report as gospel though, maybe someone else is having better luck? could just be my installation - stranger things have happened with ksp.

anyway, all the other changes you made looked great!

7 hours ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

sorry to report that. please don't take one report as gospel though, maybe someone else is having better luck? could just be my installation - stranger things have happened with ksp.

anyway, all the other changes you made looked great!

I also have this error again on a clean version of the game, but I do not understand what this error is, so it would be better to remove the dependency until I can figure it out.

On 17.06.2022 at 18:05, DimonD said:

Я понятия не имею, что не так с cfg для WF, поэтому в будущем его поддержка будет удалена, по крайней мере, до тех пор, пока я не выясню, как заставить его работать правильно.

Я думаю, что это возможно, вам просто нужно получить детали для этой ракеты в архивах SpaceDock, перенести ее в папку с игрой и указать путь к файлам через .cfg

Это будет совершенно другой мод. Хотя вполне возможно, что в будущем он будет адаптирован для работы с MKS в виде полезной нагрузки.

Крылатая версия будет выглядеть примерно так, надеюсь, он действительно сможет нормально летать.

GK-176-blend.png

SStage.gif

Damn it looks cool, I hope that soon it will be possible to try the mod, and yes, will the new mod work on versions below 1.12.3?

4 hours ago, Yaroslav said:

Damn it looks cool, I hope that soon it will be possible to try the mod, and yes, will the new mod work on versions below 1.12.3?

It will be just a rocket, so it should work in earlier versions of the game.

50 minutes ago, DimonD said:

Это будет просто ракета, поэтому она должна работать в более ранних версиях игры.

It's clear, but how is the work on the mod going in general, what is already ready?

1 hour ago, Yaroslav said:

It's clear, but how is the work on the mod going in general, what is already ready?

Almost all the details are already in the game and the assembled rocket looks like a monster, but these are just tests and the release is still far away, changes are still being made to the model itself and  will also have to suffer with flying blocks, I think making them fly will be the most difficult moment.

A few random pictures, they already show changes in the model, and maybe there will be even more in the future. :)

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

5.png

6.png

Edited by DimonD

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.