Keridian Dynamics (KDVA)

zer0Kerbal

40 minutes ago, JonnyOThan said:

Does this mod require Community Resource Pack?

I get this error when it is not installed:

8539 [EXC 11:55:00.222] [ModuleManager] Exception while calling B9PartSwitch.B9TankSettings.ModuleManagerPostLoad(): 
System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> 
System.Exception: Fatal exception while loading tank type KDMaterialKits ---> 
System.Exception: Exception while loading field resources on type B9PartSwitch.TankType ---> 
System.Exception: Exception while loading field resourceDefinition on type B9PartSwitch.TankResource ---> 
B9PartSwitch.Fishbones.Parsers.PartResourceDefinitionValueParser+PartResourceNotFoundException: No resource definition named 'MaterialKits' could be found

Sigh, apologies...I had installed with CKAN and I now see that it isn't the latest version of the mod.  Will do a little updating...It would be wonderful if you could update KD on spacedock!

Welp, still hits a fatal error on 0.8.99.6: https://www.dropbox.com/s/73a4h1zfy20vi2h/KSP.log?dl=0

Agreed. I love his mods, but I usually have to search around to find them. Finally figured out that they are all on and updated on Curse. Other spots including CKAN are spotty.

Also the connected living space configurations don't make a lot of sense...The KD-T parts say in their description that they're not passable, but they have IVAs and are marked as passable in CLS.  And the Mobile VAB and some other parts have crew capacity and are clearly meant to carry kerbals, but are marked as not passable for CLS.

• 2 weeks later...

Fix for KSP 1.12.4 - 1.12.5 from GitHub. Should be in future release, but seems to work now @JonnyOThan:

Brief description of your issue (aka the problem)

I want to use KD along with SC, but when i install this there are module manager errors, caused by the MetalOre resource not being defined.
KD is supposed to provide these definitions if EL is missing (KD/Resources/Resources.cfg line 26, 38), however since the EL folder and DLL are included !Launchpad is false, and thus these patches don't get applied.
As a temporary workaround i have removed the ! in front of !Launchpad so these patches get applied and my game starts with no issues

Operating system

No response

KSP version

Version of addon

0.8.99.6-prerelease-CF

Steps to reproduce the behavior or issue

1. Install SimpleConstruction and KeridianDynamics then start game

Expected behavior

No response

Actual behavior

No response

Environment

KSP: 1.12.4
KeridianDynamics: 0.8.99.6-prerelease-CF
SimpleConstruction: 4.0.99.33-prerelease-CF

Log files

No response

Screenshots

No response

Additional context

No response

How did you download and install this?

CurseForge (download and manual installation)

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/19/2023 at 12:47 PM, JonnyOThan said:

Also the connected living space configurations don't make a lot of sense...The KD-T parts say in their description that they're not passable, but they have IVAs and are marked as passable in CLS.  And the Mobile VAB and some other parts have crew capacity and are clearly meant to carry kerbals, but are marked as not passable for CLS.

@JonnyOThan I have started to update all the patches. issue is the existing compatibility patches are complicated (well designed), and it will take time to figure them out and update them

existing patch has the non-passable (KD-T*) tanks included in the passable patch for CLS with the (KD-ST*)

@PART[KD-FabricationContainer,KD-ST*FS,KD-T*FS,KD-T*RP,KD-T*M]:HAS[!MODULE[ModuleConnectedLivingSpace]]:NEEDS[ConnectedLivingSpace]:FOR[KeridianDynamics]

Edited by zer0Kerbal

@JonnyOThan - still getting that issue? Kindly put in a GitHub issue - probably the quickest fix would be to make a personal patch to add B9_TANK_TYPE

On 5/19/2023 at 11:03 AM, JonnyOThan said:

still hits a fatal error on 0.8.99.6: https://www.dropbox.com/s/73a4h1zfy20vi2h/KSP.log?dl=0

I depend on GitHub issues to well, track issues.

B9_TANK_TYPE:NEEDS[B9PartSwitch]
{
	name = KDMaterialKits
	tankMass = 0.0
	tankCost = 0.0
	RESOURCE
	{
		name = MaterialKits
		unitsPerVolume = 5
	}
}

If that fixes it - I will work on updating the B9 Tank Types and the fuel switch for 0.8.99.8-prerelease

On 5/19/2023 at 11:03 AM, JonnyOThan said:

It would be wonderful if you could update KD on spacedock!

Updated, but SpaceDock will always be at least one version behind.

Edited by zer0Kerbal
update links and lasso the birds

Just now, theJesuit said:

With the release of the Simplex Station Parts can I please have the special Cabin version of Mobile VAB changed to Simplex Station Parts instead?  This update reminded me to ask!

@theJesuit Just the part title/description? Yes - kindly just push a change to the en-us.cfg (and other localization files) and will be updated in next release; along with any other changes you want to the part.cfg/model/textures. :D

6 minutes ago, zer0Kerbal said:

@theJesuit Just the part title/description? Yes - kindly just push a change to the en-us.cfg (and other localization files) and will be updated in next release; along with any other changes you want to the part.cfg/model/textures. :D

It's the part we agreed to have appear with Simplex Colonies, but works better with the new Simplex Station Parts.

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...