Not really much of a contribution to gameplay or features, but what about a "concrete" monument at the KSC to KSP1?  We already have such a tribute to the old Mk1 Command Pod outside the VAB in the current game, a similar thing to honour the game that sent us all into the stars would be fitting in its successor I think.

1 minute ago, Lancasterace said:

Better idea: ruins of the old KSC with a few rusted parts from KSP1 lying around at the KSP1 KSC's location, similar to the island airfield.

Maybe not at the KSC, but maybe a few extra parts could be added to the island airfield hangars.

I like the idea, but why not have it in a full memorial park with the KSP1 tribute at it's center?   Then you could have it add additional monuments for different accomplishments or other things.   Also (if you are playing hardcore) you could have a section for memorials to fallen Kerbals... this might need to be a large section.

2 hours ago, Finox said:

I like the idea, but why not have it in a full memorial park with the KSP1 tribute at it's center?   Then you could have it add additional monuments for different accomplishments or other things.   Also (if you are playing hardcore) you could have a section for memorials to fallen Kerbals... this might need to be a large section.

All sorts of good ideas floating about, though I really do like this one.  Have you seen the poll set up by Dr. Kerbal?  Maybe you could pop over there and post your suggestion there.

• 2 months later...