[1.12.5] Kcalbeloh System Planet Pack (v1.1.7) - A journey to a black hole (April 9, 2024)

Jason Kerman

Really cool mod but after I downloaded it, I noticed something weird on the tracking station. There was no wormhole and the black hole. Although they appear from far away, they don't when I zoom in closer. How do I fix this? 

8 hours ago, Psynio41 said:

Really cool mod but after I downloaded it, I noticed something weird on the tracking station. There was no wormhole and the black hole. Although they appear from far away, they don't when I zoom in closer. How do I fix this? 

can you provide more information like screenshots, logs, etc?

Here are screenshots of how both wormhole and the black hole look like zoomed in and out (they don't exist while zoomed in) 

Wormhole zoomed in: Screenshot_7.png

Wormhole zoomed out: Screenshot_6.png

Black hole zoomed in: Screenshot_5.png

Black hole zoomed out: Screenshot_4.png

Let me know if I also need to send screenshots of my logs. I don't really know what part of my logs to screenshot so yeah.. 

4 hours ago, Psynio41 said:

Here are screenshots of how both wormhole and the black hole look like zoomed in and out (they don't exist while zoomed in) 

Wormhole zoomed in: Screenshot_7.png

Wormhole zoomed out: Screenshot_6.png

Black hole zoomed in: Screenshot_5.png

Black hole zoomed out: Screenshot_4.png

Let me know if I also need to send screenshots of my logs. I don't really know what part of my logs to screenshot so yeah.. 

I guess you didn't install Singularity. You can check my installation instruction/checklist again.

Update v1.0.3-alpha1
The update is now available on GitHub.
Note: this is an Alpha release. Some features are still unfinished. Use it at your own risk.

Changes since v1.0.1:

1. Orbit adjustments:

(1) Simetra-Simeht system

- Move the binary gas giants closer to each other.

- Move Noira to retrograde orbit around the barycenter.

- Move Noi to L4 Lagrange Point of Sunorc.

- Adjust the SMA of Norihc and Noyreg.

- Increase the SMA of the barycenter for a bit.

(2) Increase the SMA of Maelg, Sunorc, and Aralc system for orbit stability.

(3) Move Aralc-A and Aralc-B closer to each other.

(4) Adjust the SMA of Ahtpan, Tot, and Sera.

(5) Increase the inclination of Meiuqer.

2. [WIP] Parallax ground objects (Unfinished).

3. [WIP] Science definitions (Unfinished).

4. Better implementation for HomeSwitch and other settings.

5. [WIP] Add support for Principia. The system stability has been tested for more than 500 years. Only works WITHOUT homeSwitch.

6. Add support for ResearchBodies.

7. Other minor changes/fixes:

- Increase the atmosphere height of Rouqea.

- Better sunlight curve for RSS.

- Better planet introduction writing.

- Remove the sunlight requirement for ScanSat since it only recognizes Kerbol as light source.

- The wormhole will orbit Sarnus if OPM is installed.

- Fix the timewarp limits in low-Kcalbeloh orbit.

- Fix the accretion disk invisible in Linux/Mac.

- Fix the orientations for tidally locked planets with RSS installed.

- Remove RunSharp.dll in bundled KopernicusExpansions since it's useless and can cause issues.

23 hours ago, Jason Kerman said:

I guess you didn't install Singularity. You can check my installation instruction/checklist again.

Strange thing is that I have also installed singularity and I even checked if it was compatible on CKAN. I'll list the dependances I downloaded and maybe see what I forgot. 

Singularity,  kobernicus and ksp community fixes. 

I don't know what's going on. Even with dependences, both the worm hole and the black hole doesn't exist. Btw in case if you need to know, I am on windows 11.

3 hours ago, Psynio41 said:

Strange thing is that I have also installed singularity and I even checked if it was compatible on CKAN. I'll list the dependances I downloaded and maybe see what I forgot. 

Singularity,  kobernicus and ksp community fixes. 

I don't know what's going on. Even with dependences, both the worm hole and the black hole doesn't exist. Btw in case if you need to know, I am on windows 11.

Could you post your logs in my discord server? Or you can share it with google drive or something similar if you don't use discord.

1 hour ago, UltraJohn said:

Unfortunately doesn't look like the new update fixed it. Kerbin is still abnormally dark at 10x rescale.

Thanks for reminding! I forgot to include them in the update. Currently you can find and open KerbolLightCurveFix.cfg with txt editor in /GameData/KcalbelohSystem/OtherFeatures/ and make the following change:

On the first line, from: 

@Kopernicus:NEEDS[!BeyondHome,!BeforeKerbin,!AfterKerbin,!GPP,!GPO,!GEP_Primary,!EdgeOfEternity,!KerbolKurves,!UnchartedLands,!FinalDawn,!Evolution,!JNSQ,!RealSolarSystem,!KHNS]:HAS[@KcalbelohSystemSettings:HAS[~HomeSwitch[Efil],~HomeSwitch[Suluco]]]:LAST[KcalbelohSystem]

to:

@Kopernicus:NEEDS[!BeyondHome,!BeforeKerbin,!AfterKerbin,!GPP,!GPO,!GEP_Primary,!EdgeOfEternity,!KerbolKurves,!UnchartedLands,!FinalDawn,!Evolution,!JNSQ,!RealSolarSystem,!KHNS]:HAS[@KcalbelohSystemSettings:HAS[~HomeSwitch[Efil],~HomeSwitch[Suluco]]]:AFTER[KcalbelohSystem]

On 4/3/2023 at 3:48 PM, Jason Kerman said:

5. [WIP] Add support for Principia. The system stability has been tested for more than 500 years. Only works WITHOUT homeSwitch.

Just wanted to note the official support included has been tailored by @Jason Kerman from my initial configs. You can find mine available here or in my signature, under Principia Orbit Patches. (I also have other configs, including Principia and axial tilt support for stock and other planet packs, among other things.)

Edited by Iodyne

13 hours ago, Jason Kerman said:

Could you post your logs in my discord server? Or you can share it with google drive or something similar if you don't use discord.

Alright but I can't find the link to your discord server. Can you send it to me? 

10 hours ago, Jason Kerman said:

Thanks for reminding! I forgot to include them in the update. Currently you can find and open KerbolLightCurveFix.cfg with txt editor in /GameData/KcalbelohSystem/OtherFeatures/ and make the following change:

Thanks so much, this fixed it!

9 hours ago, Psynio41 said:

Alright but I can't find the link to your discord server. Can you send it to me? 

https://discord.gg/Crmy8KgqK2

31 minutes ago, UltraJohn said:

I'm wondering if it's normal behavior for this planet pack (or I guess planet packs in general) to use roughly 6-10GB additional ram?

Screenshots were taken on mainmenu after loading up the game, with and without kcalbeloh installed.

2f777f2e7c.png

Yes, it's common for planet mods.

Sorry if I sound a little dumb but, may I ask how to add visual mods like AVP to mods like this? I tried downloading AVP with this mod installed but all it did was remove all clouds in both systems, I installed AVP with CKAN and manually and they gave the same results.
I used the most recent version of AVP and it didn't work, I am still kinda new to planet mods and I really want to add AVP to it.

17 hours ago, KerbinIsTheBest_20 said:

Sorry if I sound a little dumb but, may I ask how to add visual mods like AVP to mods like this?

Unfortunately, AVP is a graphics configuration specifically for the stock system and the Outer Planets Mod, so it will might not work on planets from other mods. 

Thankfully, Kcalbeloh has its own configurations for Scatterer and EVE, so you can install those mods instead and get graphics of a similar quality.

Edited by Leganeski

12 hours ago, KerbinIsTheBest_20 said:

Sorry if I sound a little dumb but, may I ask how to add visual mods like AVP to mods like this? I tried downloading AVP with this mod installed but all it did was remove all clouds in both systems, I installed AVP with CKAN and manually and they gave the same results.
I used the most recent version of AVP and it didn't work, I am still kinda new to planet mods and I really want to add AVP to it.

It should work with AVP. Could you send me your logs?

Sorry for late reply; I was in class but I found out the root of it by digging in my AVP folder and removing different files and testing if they work, eventually it appears that it was the OPM (I don't use OPM) configs making the clouds disappear. Thank you for the help anyways and sorry if I wasted your time, I was sleeping and in class. :)

4 hours ago, FJay said:

where am i going to find the worm hole, ive searching for hours and i cant find it, am i missing something? i really want to be able to use this mod but nothing unfortunately

couldnt upload images directly but they are here

https://ibb.co/THPPLKM
https://ibb.co/60M4sJT
https://ibb.co/TtbhCBf
https://ibb.co/qBsbJ1c

The installation is incomplete.  Check the installation checklist in this thread.