[1.12.5] Kcalbeloh System Planet Pack (v1.1.8) - A journey to a black hole (Aug 31, 2024)

Jason Kerman

On 4/5/2024 at 3:43 AM, Jason Kerman said:

The newest release is available on CKAN!

For official volumetric cloud support, you can find a test version here:

Kcalbeloh Volumetric Clouds v0.0.1-alpha
Test version available on GitHub
Please note: this is a working-in-progress project and may contain bugs, glitches, or incomplete features. Use it at your own risk and feel free to report any issues.
Currently finished bodies: Rouqea, Suluco, Noyreg, Anehta, Efil

This is very nice! I installed a config from github of volumetric clouds but it is not working properly in terrestrial planets (but well in gas giants).

I will try this one!

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/5/2024 at 1:56 AM, Jeffery Kerman said:

Why is this mod only available for windows?

Seems like there's case sensitivity issues regarding the GameData/KcalbelohSystem/cache/ directory. Windows is case-insensitive, Linux/*nix is case-sensitive, so capitalization matters in the latter case. Some hardcoded stuff seems to want uppercase "Cache", while the config files request lowercase "cache". The two possible fixes: (lazy way) create a symlink Cache pointing to cache/ or (IMO the proper way) rename the cache/ directory to Cache/ and change all the config files to use the capitalized name. Here's what I used to perform the latter (run in the GameData/KcalbelohSystem/Configs directory):

sed -i 's%/cache/%/Cache/%g' *

Can you tell me if you have calculated phase angles for intercepting planets from Suluco? Me and  a friend of mine just started playing this and started on suluco but were not sure how to get to sera, and other planets around. 

On 5/9/2024 at 3:15 PM, Ronjoe said:

Seems like there's case sensitivity issues regarding the GameData/KcalbelohSystem/cache/ directory. Windows is case-insensitive, Linux/*nix is case-sensitive, so capitalization matters in the latter case. Some hardcoded stuff seems to want uppercase "Cache", while the config files request lowercase "cache". The two possible fixes: (lazy way) create a symlink Cache pointing to cache/ or (IMO the proper way) rename the cache/ directory to Cache/ and change all the config files to use the capitalized name. Here's what I used to perform the latter (run in the GameData/KcalbelohSystem/Configs directory):

sed -i 's%/cache/%/Cache/%g' *

Thank you for pointing it out! There are some visual bugs reported on Mac/Linux but I'm not sure whether it's related to this. I'm going to change it to uppercase anyway and see whether it helps.

19 hours ago, KerbalDougman said:

Can you tell me if you have calculated phase angles for intercepting planets from Suluco? Me and  a friend of mine just started playing this and started on suluco but were not sure how to get to sera, and other planets around. 

I recommend using a mod called Transfer Window Planner to calculate it in game.

3 hours ago, Angelo Kerman said:

Hey @Jason Kerman, this looks like a fun mod! I'm in the process of putting together some planet packs for me to explore in my next game and saw yours. I currently have Event Horizon, will the Kcalbeloh System work with it?

There shouldn't be any conflict. If so, feel free to let me know.

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)
On 5/13/2024 at 10:29 AM, Jason Kerman said:

Thank you for pointing it out! There are some visual bugs reported on Mac/Linux but I'm not sure whether it's related to this. I'm going to change it to uppercase anyway and see whether it helps.

Now im a little confused, does the mod work but just have a few bugs on mac or does it just not work

Edited by Jeffery Kerman
my brain wast working and it didnt make much sense the first time around

On 4/16/2024 at 12:01 AM, JonnyOThan said:

Hey @Jason Kerman I figured out that pesky Onrefni parallax issue: https://github.com/jcyuan06/Kcalbeloh-System/pull/23

Oh, and this is kind of important too... https://github.com/jcyuan06/Kcalbeloh-System/pull/24

This may be late, but that FINALLY explains what was causing so many crashes and errors with my save. Visited Onrefni in an ISV, try to reload the game, crash instantly as vessel is loaded. Rarely, it would work but then run at such a low FPS to be completely unplayable. Logs only mentioned PQS issues and such, had no idea what to do as a fix. I haven't been able to use it for months and abandoned the install, but this gives me a ton of hope. Thank you for bringing this to their attention!

@Jason Kerman If you have not seen it yet - have a look at the latest version of Kopernicus - particularly the lethalRadius bit.  I had a bit of a hand in this and am very familiar with it.  DM me on Discord if you would like to discuss.

I saw a mention of KSRSS in the FAQ. Does it work with it out of the box? I modified the Wormhole cfg to orbit Saturn myself as I assumed there wouldn't be compatibility in that regard

10 hours ago, Vovical said:

I saw a mention of KSRSS in the FAQ. Does it work with it out of the box? I modified the Wormhole cfg to orbit Saturn myself as I assumed there wouldn't be compatibility in that regard

I'm also trying to do this, Kcalbeloh works perfectly on its own but I can't get past the black loading screen with KSRSS. Is there a way to get them to work together? I would love to not have to use two CKAN instances. Thanks!

Hi, I noticed the binary gas giants had aurora borealis, and I was wondering if their proximity to eachother would make their magnetic fields interfere with eachother in some way. It would be cool to see this in some way shown through the borealis.

3 hours ago, Syczek said:

@Jason KermanHow is compability with GU and it's parallax??  When tried earlier I had infinite loading issue.

It isn't... i already tried, and i finally chose Kcalbeloh. Usually interstellar planet modpacks didn't work well together, although it can work with planet packs wich modify the the stock system only...

Edited by Ariel Kerman

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This mod is SO cool! It's been a blast to try out! I love that it's compatible with True Volumetric clouds and Parralax.

Thank you for your hard work! These planet packs feel like expansion packs for KSP.