KSP Product Diversification

sp_blazer

I went looking around online and I couldn't find any KSP paraphernalia!!! I know its an indie game, and the player base isn't at absolutely gargantuan values, yet but I hope that in the future Squad partners up and starts to roll out the brand name. (They have an incredibly aesthetic logo) I would love to see T-shirts, Lunch boxes, heck even children's toys! How cool would it have been if when you were a kid, with your tub of lego's and lincon logs, you had a tub of rocket and space plane parts that you could put together like in the game and let your imagination go wild!

I know some of these aspirations are somewhat far-fetched, but diversification is key to brand recognition. I want others to reply to this thread with their thoughts on this, and even ideas for things that could be branded, or just how to get the brand name out there.

....you had a tub of rocket and space plane parts that you could put together like in the game and let your imagination go wild!.

This man deserves a medal! Just one question though, could you put model rocket engines and see how they flew? Either way though, this is an amazing idea.

How cool would it have been if when you were a kid, with your tub of lego's and lincon logs, you had a tub of rocket and space plane parts that you could put together like in the game and let your imagination go wild!

Uh...I assure you, that as a child, I may not have had "rocket parts" in my bins of lego blocks, but I made a lot of spacecraft for exploring new worlds. Those new worlds might have been my bedroom carpet, or the cold, grain-like surface (with odd flat, rocky, marble-like slabs at regular intervals) of the living room coffee table...but they were spacecraft none-the-less. Yeah. (That said, I lost touch with Lego when the brand moved toward much simpler designs that had less flexibility for customization and depended more on specialized parts. That got boring, fast.)

I too wouldn't mind a stuffed Jeb.

I would welcome KSP merchandising, but wouldn't expect it until the game hits full release. You have to remember KSP is still under development, in alpha no less. There's a lot yet to be done before Squad can think about dealing with licensing. Frankly, I would love it if they worked a deal with Lego.

I'd love to see KSP plush toys. Since i have already have a creeper plushie,it would be just natural to put a Jebediah plushie next to it :D

Should the helmet be hard plastic or plush? Blow-molding would probably be the cheapest way to make them in mass quantities but the tooling costs are high.

I'd love a Jeb plush. He could sit right next to my Hunter, Dalek, Portal Turret, Vortigant, and Companion Cub on my desk...there's just enough room left. I'm willing to wait a few years if needed.

• 1 year later...
Brilliant! Personally I want a stuffed Jeb to hold.

Yep! One 30cm tall, helmetless kerbal, with a big happy grin would be awesome. He can sit with my other soft toys (some of them are 20 years old, and still healthy) as I send his virtual self to his doom/destiny.

No plush toys exist at the moment, but Squad does offer 3D printed Kerbals :)

They're expensive though, especially if you pass up the colour sandstone, and go for the premium silver, or gold plated brass....