(1.8 - 1.12.x) Ordinary Konstruction Co. version 0.1.3a (20230625) (barely active)

OrdinaryKerman

On 2/14/2023 at 7:32 PM, Astra Infinitum said:

going from sketchup to getting the buildings to KSP to use in KK?

i use the rather inefficient method of: a) exporting the building mesh by glTF and importing into Blender, b) using 

to set up KSP shaders and colliders, then exporting as .mu and putting that in KSP with a config file.

I don't remember what glTF exporter I used, and there's probably a better way to do all this, but this is how I do it

Edited by OrdinaryKerman

• 3 weeks later...

The tiles are based around equilateral triangles of 37.5 m  length, resulting in a width of about 43.3 m per side. For hexagons this means an inscribed circle diameter of 75 m and a circumscribed diameter of about 86.6 m. Please note that this size was chosen for compatibility with existing OSSNTR Small Hex statics, and stock building tiles are differently sized

Edited by OrdinaryKerman

• 1 month later...

should I add vehicles to make bases less 'lifeless'
NSU7jW0.png

Also I've finally imported the control tower into .mu and made the config, but I haven't actually placed it in game

Edited by OrdinaryKerman
this is what kerbals would consider a tall hatchback, just a smidge taller than a kerbal

4 hours ago, ColdJ said:

Now we just need a road system

Doesn't OSSNTR already have that?

Ohh... right, a more complete one. What kinds of roads?

maybe i can try imagining a system

KERBAS KONSTRUCTION ROAD SYSTEM
Nominal lengths in multiples of 20 meters (20, 40, 60, 80, 100, 200, 400, 800, 1200 m), +2.5 m slack each end
Widths of 2.5m per between line centers
Types: single lane dirt, single lane paved, 2-lane paved, 4-lane paved, splits (left/right forks, T, Y, 4-way), bends 15/30/45°, culvert variants
Accessories: Transmission poles, crash barriers, sidewalks, raised grass planters, etc

Is this what you mean?

Edited by OrdinaryKerman

On 6/10/2023 at 12:56 AM, OrdinaryKerman said:

Is this what you mean?

Hi @OrdinaryKerman. Was a bit tongue in cheek. I know there are a number of mods with lots of road parts that if you are patient you can stitch together in to an extensive road system. Though matching so that you don't get caught on colliders when driving can be tricky.

Was just smiling and saying if there are parked cars, then where did they drive in from.

Of course if someone reads this and wants to create a massive road system using those parts and then share the config file for KK, then I think we would all be very happy and grateful.

3 hours ago, OrdinaryKerman said:

i think i should do the road system first, i've given it a name:

the Kerbal Road and Highway System, aka Kerstraßensys

the signs and curve of interchange are from FASTCORP.

I changed texture dds file to fit the route-36.

QDzr5w9.png

In the beginning the whole route-36 is all FASTCORP,

however those statics are "too detailed" - using over one thousand of them to get it done, and terrible performance.

so today it's most parts are very_big_bridge from KS.

lYlp73E.png

Jc0aDuF.png

my thoughts ? if you really wanna make a pack of roads,

MAKE THEM LONGER. like a static is 2km in the game.

Edited by FormosaT_9

On 6/15/2023 at 1:14 PM, FormosaT_9 said:

MAKE THEM LONGER. like a static is 2km in the game.

WOW, excellent work.

Performance hit is from the number of vertices having to be rendered, so I could take an existing bridge and stretch it so it is longer, without adding new vertices.

The distance between pylons would be greater but it would get you a result.

Could you post your configuration files in a spoiler here so others can add it to their games?

8 hours ago, ColdJ said:

WOW, excellent work.

Performance hit is from the number of vertices having to be rendered, so I could take an existing bridge and stretch it so it is longer, without adding new vertices.

The distance between pylons would be greater but it would get you a result.

Could you post your configuration files in a spoiler here so others can add it to their games?

i will try. and do you want the terminal buildings?
rOc8na2.jpeg

VFIiTia.pngOcCz1VE.png
KSC   -   route36   -   KerbinCity

mMTedC6.pngXQFvZaf.png
east-coast Border Custom   -   I.S.B   -   west-coast Traffic Control

I can pack them as well, just needs some time to clear out who is who...for now I have
Aurora / BADT / Fastcorp / Cities pack / KerbinCity / KK water sites
/ KS & remastered / Kosmodrome / KSC++ / OKC / OSSNTR
/ Starship Launch Expansion / Tundra...
what a miracle all of them works well

1 hour ago, OrdinaryKerman said:

嘗試製作一條非常簡單的道路作為積木

54AYdjG.png
非常基本,但這就是重點,整個東西(不包括汽車)是 400 米長的 132 tris(可能可以簡化)

hope the soundwalls can be lower
 3XKERRb.png
it can have much joy for emergency landing

8 minutes ago, FormosaT_9 said:

i will try. and do you want the terminal buildings?

Sure, only what I have in gamedata will get placed, I don't have all of that loaded.

Just to try it out I put in the statics for Kerbinside complete then took the very big bridge, removed the ends and then rescaled. It works, though found the bridge is way too big in the original, My Kerbin Defender looks like a toy on it, so I have just been trying a version with the width and height at 0.11 scale and the length 10 times longer. It works but it takes a half an hour to drive across. It also seems to be higher at one end than the other, so I may just make one from scratch.

This is what it looks like rescaled.

Q0FZ5ro.png

4 minutes ago, ColdJ said:

當然,只有我在 gamedata 中的內容才會被放置,我並沒有加載所有這些內容。

只是為了嘗試一下,我為 Kerbinside complete 添加了靜力學,然後取下了非常大的橋,移除了兩端,然後重新縮放。它有效,雖然發現原來的橋太大了,但我的 Kerbin Defender 看起來像一個玩具,所以我一直在嘗試一個寬度和高度為 0.11 比例且長度為 10 倍的版本。它有效,但需要半小時才能穿過。它的一端似乎也比另一端高,所以我可能只是從頭開始製作一個。

height problem is due to the shape of planet, and it gets worse because (stock) Kerbin is too small.
my I.S.B, if I didn't orientation those statics with P-U
one of exit will higher 200m than another.

So i will suggest longest non-scale in game - less than 6000m

@ColdJ @OrdinaryKerman
after a night (Asia time), I have some words.
many "roads" from KK pack are work like runway / crawlerway statics, and they looks like this:
e2IIov6.pngeE7GEqm.png

they will disappear in a specific angle. that's why the KSC++ pack name their "route-36" as Ghost Road
and this is annoying for fallen and pilots.
so those like spcbridge1.mu from KSR would be a good choise.

Then you might asking, "that means the whole route is elevated, how about ground roads?"
well, in my experience Kerbin is not much flat as you think...
igJFfkM.jpegaltKN23.jpegB3Ccb4h.jpeg

how do I know ? because I wheel driving around it once before.

-here comes my ideas (havn't learn modeling, so..)
2waeZ2F.png

4hxjEex.jpeg

don't have to design slope/ ramp/ hump/ street.light, only have flat straight/ bend/ cross/ right.left exits.

and I got a bit problems for configuration.....
Ro142do.jpeg

...becuase I have many sites on the planet.
for example, if I give you the cfg of I.S.B (spcbridge1.mu from KSR)
there will something else in -38;-71
6UyJ5m5.png

Instead step by step to clear those files
I'd rather share the whole world.
If so, it will be July

Edited by FormosaT_9

Hi @FormosaT_9 and @OrdinaryKerman.

In my little bit of spare time this weekend I built and then tweaked a bridge static that is slightly curved. That is it is higher in the middle than the ends. This allows it to be adjusted to chain comfortably and adjusted to follow the curve of the Kerbin. If you are interested in trying it, leave me a message and I will send you a link in a PM. Haven't successfully landed a plane on it yet, but did a helicopter.

tyq3ZOh.png

cxfTNGA.pngTwCm5Wo.pngh6it3OH.pngdMdTjfr.png

Forgot to mention, it is roughly 3 km long. Took 5 chained to cross the bay.

33 minutes ago, ColdJ said:

Hi @FormosaT_9 and @OrdinaryKerman.

In my little bit of spare time this weekend I built and then tweaked a bridge static that is slightly curved. That is it is higher in the middle than the ends. This allows it to be adjusted to chain comfortably and adjusted to follow the curve of the Kerbin. If you are interested in trying it, leave me a message and I will send you a link in a PM. Haven't successfully landed a plane on it yet, but did a helicopter.

tyq3ZOh.png

cxfTNGA.pngTwCm5Wo.pngh6it3OH.pngdMdTjfr.png

Forgot to mention, it is roughly 3 km long. Took 5 chained to cross the bay.

looks nice ! It can help me finishing the imagine of the IB from Kerbin to Viden.

Edited by FormosaT_9

@ColdJ OK, that it is....
BDXQ30k.png
MDLoHm0.png

I place it somewhere close to KerbinCity, its shape is good to connect other statics.
HOWEVER its coordinate have some problem.
When I generate it for the first time, it was vertical- point to the sky; even I paste coordinates from other. also
it seems like have some offset- in the image all of them are "same" but aren't parallel.

cUkgaCX.png
5rFa6c5.png
next I try to land my smallest MK-3 plane on it: NOT EASy AT ALL.
even I scaled it to wider - I think the collision of mid line is problem.
maybe try delete it (keep surface FLAT) and extend it to six lanes?

Edited by FormosaT_9

18 minutes ago, OrdinaryKerman said:

Made a 4.8km bridge, but it's only 10m wide so maybe that's too narrow?
oJqpQh8.png
4v1ULdi.png

I uploaded my truck to KerbalX, you can test driving with it.

You said "number of vertices" things, so I think piers can be reduce to....max 10 in a static.

New markings are pretty.

19 minutes ago, FormosaT_9 said:

You said "number of vertices" things, so I think piers can be reduce to....max 10 in a static.

I think that will just look weird, also AFAIK KSP doesn’t much care about vertex counts on visible meshes.

On collision meshes then it becomes more important, but the whole static is still simple enough to mostly handwave that away