[1.12.5] Starship Expansion Project - SEP | v2.2.0 (June, 23rd, 2024)

Kari

Hello. I've been attempting to use the mod, but every time I attempt to load the craft file, it shows a message stating that no available part found for SEP.23.BOOSTER.HSR and SLE.SS.OLM.KOS. I've tried reinstalling multiple times. I'm also encountering a B9PartSwitch fatal error when loading the game.

Edited by IamTheRy1

9 hours ago, IamTheRy1 said:

Hello. I've been attempting to use the mod, but every time I attempt to load the craft file, it shows a message stating that no available part found for SEP.23.BOOSTER.HSR and SLE.SS.OLM.KOS. I've tried reinstalling multiple times. I'm also encountering a B9PartSwitch fatal error when loading the game.

The mod itself does not provide craft files, Assuming you’re trying to load the files from Janus’ script, make sure you have the development version of SLE installed. If you continue having the B9PS errors, join the Discord server and post your logfile in the install-support channel.

15 hours ago, theogameren said:

there is a problem with the textures when i launch. the shiny textures are whole black

https://ibb.co/fkwtx9w

For textures unlimited to correctly apply the shader, your graphical settings should be:

Reflection Texture Resolution: at least 256
Reflection Refresh Rate: at least Medium
Render Quality: at least Good

On 6/9/2024 at 10:32 PM, yakirathon said:

2.whe is ro compatible kos coming if at all?

I can answer nr. 2 for you: Definitely not for a while. non-RO RSS + SEP + kOS works fine, with some KSP and floating numbers trouble happening (less stable). But when you add FAR into the mix things turn sour. The calculations for lift/drag for the booster and flaps seem very off and are at times unpredictable and unrealistic. Therefore, I have once again given up on wanting to achieve basic support for FAR and RO for the kOS Interface scripts. I have spent many days on making progress, but it just doesn't want to work reliably..

On 6/18/2024 at 9:20 PM, IamTheRy1 said:

Both dev versions of SEP and SLE are required for now for my scripts to work.

11 hours ago, _Space_Cowboy_ said:

I'm having the same issues with loading the craft files. I am on the current versions of SEP and SLE via ckan

Neither SEP or SLE come with craft files. If you have any its probably from Janus’ scripts in which case the following applies

On 6/21/2024 at 4:41 PM, Janus92 said:

Both dev versions of SEP and SLE are required for now for my scripts to work.

9 hours ago, darthvader15001 said:

@Kari why is the latest version 200 MBs larger than the last one?

Because it has a lot of new assets such as the prototypes and starhopper

2 hours ago, darthvader15001 said:

Ok, but I didn’t see starhopper ingame 

Hoppy is getting released later today, but the main difference between those versions is that the parts got a texture overhaul, so they look a lot better, before they were packed in less files but the resolution was worse, so new files size stack up quite quickly 

1 hour ago, Kari said:

Hoppy is getting released later today, but the main difference between those versions is that the parts got a texture overhaul, so they look a lot better, before they were packed in less files but the resolution was worse, so new files size stack up quite quickly 

Ohhh. Thanks!

Posted (edited)

Anyone else watched IFT 4? anyway...

Version 2.2.0

- Added SN5 Variant to MK-2
- Added Starhopper
- Added Structural Part
- Added MK-1 Ring section by Isaquest
- Added MK-1 Expendable Crew Nosecone
- Added Vents to MK-2 Parts (SN15/SN5)
- Unstacked HSR (Separate Part)
- Updated IVA by Janus92
- Updated Vapor Cone by Fossil
- Updated HSR FX by Fossil
- Updated stock material for all parts
- Updated Real Names patch
- Adjusted CoP and CoL of all flaps
- Fixed CoM offset no applying to the Shielded Skirt variants on Ship
- Fixed (hopefully) QD docking
- Updated RCS FX by Fossil

As always, download is available at SpacedockGitHub and CKAN.
It might take some time for SpaceDock/CKAN to update,  Github is always the first one to receive the update.

Our suborbital campaign is over, SN15, SN5 and Starhopper are in-game with a few variants included. Next stop is the Mün with a proper Kerbal Landing System, if you know what I mean.

Edited by Kari

Hello, I just did a brand new install of KSP, did the express RP-1 install on CKAN, Installed RSS Reborn, booted the game to make sure everything worked, and then installed SEP and SLE. I do not see a single starship part in the editor. I can go to the category and every single page in the custom category is blank. Is this a conflict with RP-1 or have I actually borked something?

15 hours ago, Kari said:

Anyone else watched IFT 4? anyway...

Version 2.2.0

- Added SN5 Variant to MK-2
- Added Starhopper
- Added Structural Part
- Added MK-1 Ring section by Isaquest
- Added MK-1 Expendable Crew Nosecone
- Added Vents to MK-2 Parts (SN15/SN5)
- Unstacked HSR (Separate Part)
- Updated IVA by Janus92
- Updated Vapor Cone by Fossil
- Updated HSR FX by Fossil
- Updated stock material for all parts
- Updated Real Names patch
- Adjusted CoP and CoL of all flaps
- Fixed CoM offset no applying to the Shielded Skirt variants on Ship
- Fixed (hopefully) QD docking
- Updated RCS FX by Fossil

As always, download is available at SpacedockGitHub and CKAN.
It might take some time for SpaceDock/CKAN to update,  Github is always the first one to receive the update.

Our suborbital campaign is over, SN15, SN5 and Starhopper are in-game with a few variants included. Next stop is the Mün with a proper Kerbal Landing System, if you know what I mean.

Loving the new parts so far. But I noticed that the new Dear Moon IVA seems to unleash the kraken whenever it's in use. The legacy IVA's from older version(s) still work just fine. Seems to happen regardless of autostrut or lack thereof.

7 hours ago, aceplayer01 said:

Hello, I just did a brand new install of KSP, did the express RP-1 install on CKAN, Installed RSS Reborn, booted the game to make sure everything worked, and then installed SEP and SLE. I do not see a single starship part in the editor. I can go to the category and every single page in the custom category is blank. Is this a conflict with RP-1 or have I actually borked something?

RP-1 has no official support for SEP or SLE.  RO without RP-1 does.

Edited by Xt007

2 hours ago, Xt007 said:

RP-1 has no official support for SEP or SLE.  RO without RP-1 does.

SEP does have a preliminary rp1 patch, but both ro and rp1 patches are severely outdated, a complete rework is being worked on.

3 hours ago, Blufor878 said:

Loving the new parts so far. But I noticed that the new Dear Moon IVA seems to unleash the kraken whenever it's in use. The legacy IVA's from older version(s) still work just fine. Seems to happen regardless of autostrut or lack thereof.

I don't think I've seen this before, can you send us your ksp.log?

Hello , very good new version of the mod except that I have a problem , before with the old versions I could make a reusable launcher and recharge it with the olm of liquid fuel and oxygen , except that now there is no more liquid fuel but LqdMethane so I can't recharge the starship if the tanks are empty , is there a solution or the OLM ergol recharge system will include LqdMethane in future version ?

41 minutes ago, Tombibiche said:

Hello , very good new version of the mod except that I have a problem , before with the old versions I could make a reusable launcher and recharge it with the olm of liquid fuel and oxygen , except that now there is no more liquid fuel but LqdMethane so I can't recharge the starship if the tanks are empty , is there a solution or the OLM ergol recharge system will include LqdMethane in future version ?

I provide a copy of the OLM as part of my kOS Interface that automatically provides LqdMethane when Community Resource Pack is installed. It might be useful for you:

https://github.com/Janus1992/KSP_Starship-kOS-Interface

3 hours ago, Blufor878 said:

I have heard about this from someone already before, but I wasn't able to find any reason as to why it would happen. I'll need to research this more. A log would indeed be appreciated!

9 hours ago, Miniffan said:

Hello please help me I installed everything and I have an error SEP.22.SHIP.BODY

Please refrain from spamming the forum like that in the future. We read all the messages here, and if we can think of something we will answer.:wink:

Here's one such answers: SEP.22.SHIP.BODY is an old part by now and has been replaced. Any saved crafts based on the old part will not load anymore, and you'll need to rebuild them.