[1.12.x] Starship Expansion Project - SEP | v2.1.0 (March, 28th, 2024)

Kari

Hello @Janus92! I seem to have a recurring problem with your interface. Booster catch works properly 100% of the time, but ship fails to land properly every singe time. During landing flip it misses the tower and runs out of fuel, crashing about 150m away. Always. Could you advise how to fix it?

Edit for more context: I did install all the dependencies correctly. I believe the issue is that it either vents too much vuel prior to re-entry or uses RCS too much. Right before the landing burn it has only about 120 dV and that is not enough so it crashes. Am I doing smth wrong?

Edited by MarkEgo
More context.

1 hour ago, MarkEgo said:

Hello @Janus92! I seem to have a recurring problem with your interface. Booster catch works properly 100% of the time, but ship fails to land properly every singe time. During landing flip it misses the tower and runs out of fuel, crashing about 150m away. Always. Could you advise how to fix it?

The ship should really not run out of fuel during the landing burn, and there's not really any reason for that to happen unless something weird is going on or you did a de-orbit burn with too little fuel left for landing. Could you make a video? Or some screenshots during the flip? I'd also like to know the type and mass of the ship, how much fuel there is and if you have any cargo onboard when the landing flip starts.

Maybe some of the patches are not applying properly, as it seems happens to a lot of people since V2.

Edited by Janus92

Thank for getting back to me! 

I did not do any manual de-orbit, used your craft files (tested on all 3 with the same result), just launch and land with your script. For the cargo variant there was no cargo onboard, so everything's exactly as you set it up, I didn't change anything.

However, I did try disabling RCS upon entering atmo, which saved me some fuel, but the ship still starts its landing burn at too low altitude and just doesn't have time to kill the necessary amount of speed and lands at 30ish m/s. With RCS enabled it just runs out of fuel about 50m above the ground.

23 hours ago, Janus92 said:

I would suggest checking that you have all the requirements for SEP and my Interface (see my github/page 5) properly installed, and if you do, then you could try updating ksp to 1.12.5 to see if that's the real culprit.

Ahhh

I don't have the starship launch expansion dev version

Edit actually I might need to update ksp 

SLE olm looks amazing now wow

@Janus92

Edited by kspbiuitscursed
Update on the situation

On 3/14/2023 at 6:06 PM, BoZZy_92 said:

Download SLE beta from the janus92 page.
i solved it like this.

Done updated to 1.12.5 should work loading game up now

Will keep post updated may have screenshots

Yeah now it say locked or invalid parts

I am goanna manually install kos and see if that fixes I will update thurs

Edited by kspbiuitscursed
Update edit 2 fix perfomed

On 3/14/2023 at 8:43 PM, kspbiuitscursed said:

Done updated to 1.12.5 should work loading game up now

Will keep post updated may have screenshots

Yeah now it say locked or invalid parts

I am goanna manually install kos and see if that fixes I will update thurs

All fixed thanks @Janus92

On 3/12/2023 at 5:49 PM, Kari said:

Hello again, almost doubling the number of updates from last year lmao

Again, another minor update, just 2 issues that are not meaningful for the majority 

Version 2.0.2 Changelog 

• Fixed Cluster staging icon not disappearing when all engines are disabled
  • Fixed incompatibility with MechJeb Primer Vector Guidance

Also we have some new parts coming soon™. Not SN parts yet, but they follow the non-heatshield theme

As always, download is available at SpacedockGitHub and CKAN.

I can add the cargo door variant, but making a dispenser that works the same on KSP is unlikely to pretty much impossible

Nice that you fixed it, but that's another mod

I don't provide craft files, those are most likely @Janus92

We were not smart enough to make the booster behave like we wanted to on EDL without having the cluster aero screwing everything, so we removed it lmao

when will this be fixed? because I can't use this mod if the booster doesn't lift anything, it's also confusing me considering previous installations had it working, but with the new updates it no longer works

17 hours ago, slyfox023 said:

when will this be fixed? because I can't use this mod if the booster doesn't lift anything, it's also confusing me considering previous installations had it working, but with the new updates it no longer works

what do you mean? booster aero works with stock aerodynamics just fine.

8 hours ago, greenmonster448 said:

It's not shiny for me, I have textures unlimited installed, but it's not shiny. Also I can't find the grid fins for super heavy. 

Try setting your graphic settings like this:

Reflection Texture Resolution: at least 256
Reflection Refresh Rate: at least Medium
Render Quality: at least Good

if it doesn't work, screenshot the vessel in flight and share it here or on our Discord

5 hours ago, Kari said:

if it doesn't work, screenshot the vessel in flight and share it here or on our Discord

the booster's engines are giving no lift and the stack falls through the engine, but the game still thinks it's connected to it

14 hours ago, Kari said:

I fixed it, I had to change my texture quality to full res

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, SofieBrink said:

They are the same scale?

No.

While I can't seem to able to add images,  the starship seems to match its real dimensions of around 10m across, and 50m long, the space shuttle from SOCK is only around 13.7m wide, and 22m long, including the wings. The starship is massively over-scaled in comparison.

On 4/9/2023 at 4:23 AM, CompetitiveSpycrab said:

No.

While I can't seem to able to add images,  the starship seems to match its real dimensions of around 10m across, and 50m long, the space shuttle from SOCK is only around 13.7m wide, and 22m long, including the wings. The starship is massively over-scaled in comparison.

In that case there must something wrong with your installation because they are the same scale normally. Please post your ksp.log

On 4/8/2023 at 11:23 PM, CompetitiveSpycrab said:

No.

9 hours ago, SofieBrink said:

In that case there must something wrong with your installation because they are the same scale normally. Please post your ksp.log

Actually SOCK is undersized, benjee himself is aware of that