[1.12.x] Starship Expansion Project - SEP | v2.1.0 (March, 28th, 2024)

Kari

Hello! I recently decided to switch out the main SEP mod with the developer version in order to fix a thrust issue I was having with the original SEP mod. Switching from the main mod to the dev version did help with my thrust issues, but now I am having issues with lighting. Does anyone know what could be causing this issue?
In the hangar:
image.png?ex=660a2f41&is=65f7ba41&hm=472
Spawned in:
image.png?ex=660a2f41&is=65f7ba41&hm=9cdb20b7389fa821680550f213a78b9973078d5550b30e0affca68d8fb32c853&=

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

It looks like we had an IFT, so of course some update is about to drop

somewhat big craft breaking update coming in as:

Version 2.1.0

- Updated MK-1 Parts (old crafts do not work anymore)
- Joined interstage and booster core parts into 1
- Added HotStage Ring variant for booster
- Added HotStageFX
- Added Vapor Cone for ship
- Updated but not up to date plumes
- Added Expendable MK-1
- Added Depot (Streched expendable ship)
- Updated IVA
- Added Donnager MK-2 (SN Ship)
- Added non-essential parts by janus

As always, download is available at SpacedockGitHub and CKAN.

It's not the complete prototype update, SN15 is missing a bit of love and there's not SN5 or Hopper right now, but there is a lot of changes since last release and we thought we should drop these. You also may find some issues with invisible meshes on the parts, just drop and click it again and it should fix itself, it only happens while in the VAB

We also have some cool addons like the frost you see on the screenshots on our discord server under the #sep-addons channel, some of them might be part of SEP, who knows

Edited by Kari

10 hours ago, Kari said:

It looks like we had an IFT, so of course some update is about to drop

somewhat big craft breaking update coming in as:

Version 2.1.0

- Updated MK-1 Parts (old crafts do not work anymore)
- Joined interstage and booster core parts into 1
- Added HotStage Ring variant for booster
- Added HotStageFX
- Added Vapor Cone for ship
- Updated but not up to date plumes
- Added Expendable MK-1
- Added Depot (Streched expendable ship)
- Updated IVA
- Added Donnager MK-2 (SN Ship)
- Added non-essential parts by janus

As always, download is available at SpacedockGitHub and CKAN.

It's not the complete prototype update, SN15 is missing a bit of love and there's not SN5 or Hopper right now, but there is a lot of changes since last release and we thought we should drop these. You also may find some issues with invisible meshes on the parts, just drop and click it again and it should fix itself, it only happens while in the VAB

We also have some cool addons like the frost you see on the screenshots on our discord server under the #sep-addons channel, some of them might be part of SEP, who knows

Hi! I´m trying this update but when it loads on the launchpad the Behemoth core explodes :(

13 hours ago, BlackDinoShadows said:

Copying the SEP server bot:

For textures unlimited to correctly apply the shader, your graphical settings should be:

Reflection Texture Resolution: at least 256

Reflection Refresh Rate: at least Medium Render

Quality: at least Good

Thanks!

On 3/9/2023 at 3:42 PM, cmewse said:

Hello, I'm getting this error for all craft and I can't see why?

craft loading error
SLE.SS.OLM.KOS

FIXED!

installing kOS with CKAN seems to miss some files, pulled the github files manually and it's working.

I tried installing kos manually but for me it still gives me the missing file error?

17 hours ago, trench_kid said:

I tried installing kos manually but for me it still gives me the missing file error?

Check that you have installed the SLE Dev branch, and not main. It's the latest version available at the moment and required for the kOS scripts to work.

My Favourite mod 

THANK YOU KARI

AMAZING WORK.

On 1/25/2022 at 3:02 AM, OrbitalManeuvers said:

I absolutely do not know what I'm doing with this thing :) but it sure is pretty!

Has anyone managed reentry? I've tried 40 degrees and 10 degrees nose up, with and without flaps activated, and every time the nose rises and rises until it flips over and comes in HOT, engines first. I don't really know enough about Starship to be trying this, but it seemed fun! 

Screenshot tax (ksrss at 2.5x)

Reveal hidden contents

mnoeyDx.png

realism

also BTW SN5 landed in the DEV branch yesterday

Edited by kspbutitscursed

Here's some screenshots of the new Dear Moon IVA, currently available in the dev branch of github:

It's got some animations now! The elevators work, the doors open on click, and the pod can change between bed and chair mode. You can also set the pilot/kerbal view for launch (looking upwards) or for planet use (normal seat attitude) by clicking either the window or the respective buttons.

znqCzgd.jpg

Z1COuls.jpg

Xr6YtWU.jpg

fhT2pNv.jpg

xW6ifJe.jpg

mDrNt0h.jpg

fzIx7b3.jpg

4q5aX7q.jpg

LJTUjAA.jpg

AXywEiL.jpg

JwuHZd9.jpg

n43L217.jpg

mVqfOqi.jpg

hinG8xw.jpg

1iQmI9i.jpg

On 4/6/2024 at 3:26 AM, Janus92 said:

Here's some screenshots of the new Dear Moon IVA, currently available in the dev branch of github:

It's got some animations now! The elevators work, the doors open on click, and the pod can change between bed and chair mode. You can also set the pilot/kerbal view for launch (looking upwards) or for planet use (normal seat attitude) by clicking either the window or the respective buttons.

znqCzgd.jpg

Z1COuls.jpg

Xr6YtWU.jpg

fhT2pNv.jpg

xW6ifJe.jpg

mDrNt0h.jpg

fzIx7b3.jpg

4q5aX7q.jpg

LJTUjAA.jpg

AXywEiL.jpg

JwuHZd9.jpg

n43L217.jpg

mVqfOqi.jpg

hinG8xw.jpg

1iQmI9i.jpg

hey Janus great IVA! I remember seeing the website with this concept a while back and really wanted it in-game. I have an issue with the elevators, they don't function when I press the button on them. Any idea on why this might be happening?

On 4/7/2024 at 7:27 PM, solevevo said:

hey Janus great IVA! I remember seeing the website with this concept a while back and really wanted it in-game. I have an issue with the elevators, they don't function when I press the button on them. Any idea on why this might be happening?

Are you running the latest version of RPM (and the other IVA required mods)?

On 4/9/2024 at 6:51 AM, Janus92 said:

Are you running the latest version of RPM (and the other IVA required mods)?

I'm having the same problem, and everything required is freshly installed. Every other button works, the instrument panels, the light switches (even the one *on* the Elevator), the seats moving up/down but the elevator up/down buttons just don't seem clickable. Could it be a hitbox (or equivalent, I'm not coding-savvy) error?

8 hours ago, Queen Ultima said:

I'm having the same problem, and everything required is freshly installed. Every other button works, the instrument panels, the light switches (even the one *on* the Elevator), the seats moving up/down but the elevator up/down buttons just don't seem clickable. Could it be a hitbox (or equivalent, I'm not coding-savvy) error?

Hmm, I already installed the dev version myself to see if there was an issue with the upload, and reduced my number of mods to the bare minimum to see if I would get any issues with the elevator buttons, but it still works for me.

Could you send me a log?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm wondering why the old fuel switch patches were removed, I really liked the option to switch the tanks, RCS, vents and mainly engines between LFO and methalox. Also, with the new patches, when I have both Community Resource Pack and Configurable Containers installed, the fuel tanks are all set to LFO (which you can't switch to methalox in CC without having a custom patch for that), and engines keep using methalox, so the mod becomes basically unusable at that point, where it worked just fine before with the same set of other mods.

Am I missing something?

Edited by munix

9 hours ago, munix said:

I'm wondering why the old fuel switch patches were removed, I really liked the option to switch the tanks, RCS, vents and mainly engines between LFO and methalox. Also, with the new patches, when I have both Community Resource Pack and Configurable Containers installed, the fuel tanks are all set to LFO (which you can't switch to methalox in CC without having a custom patch for that), and engines keep using methalox, so the mod becomes basically unusable at that point, where it worked just fine before with the same set of other mods.

Am I missing something?

Hmm, this is a point of discussion, but when the dev version was started to test-run future changes I reworked the fuel switches to automatically switch to methalox when CRP is detected, for an overall simpler and less error-prone setup.

I don't think CC should cause the issues, as I tested specifically for that back when I made the changes. I will check again and report back. You're right, I also experience this issue now. Something must be messed up in the release, so I'll investigate..

In the meanwhile: Got a log? Can you check if it's a .craft (or part, if you pick a fresh part) issue? KSP sometimes messes up the fuel in saved crafts for no reason.

Edited by Janus92