Motor sounds?

boriz

23 minutes ago, boriz said:

Are there any plans to include sounds for the motors, rotors, propellers, robotic parts etc.

The answer is almost certainly "no".

My understanding is that all further development on KSP and its DLCs is done; the only thing that might induce another release would be some really major new gamebreaking bug problem. They've moved pretty much all resources over to work on KSP2.

That said, I don't see any reason why someone couldn't produce a mod that would add this sort of sound. :)

Perhaps someone already has? There are a lot of mods out there. Might be worth asking about it over in Add-on Discussions.

Been looking for this as well. Im guessing a part module on the motor part can detect if propellers(or any lift-generating parts) are connected, and then play a propeller-engine sound. It might get bad if many motors are on the same vessel. Is there something like VesselModule instead? Something like PartModule, but one level higher?

It can quickly get quite complicated considering

• atmospheric pressure (in orbit, or flying at duna vs taking off at KSC runway)
  • motor used as a wheel, or with propellers, or underwater
  • count and size of propellers added (does it sound like a quad-copter, a bi-plane, or a helicopter)
  • airspeed and airflow direction (maybe, i don't know enough about that though)

15 hours ago, Snark said:

The answer is almost certainly "no".

Sad. Seems like a no-brainer to me. In terms of immersion, a little sound goes a long way.

13 hours ago, Blaarkies said:

It can quickly get quite complicated considering

Anything would be better than nothing. I've been known to add a completely superfluous Juno, just so it's not silent.

I completely agree with this, i would be happy with chop-chop helicopter sounds on the electric motors, even in space, with broken-off propellers...anything is better than the deafening silence they produce now :D

good idea with the Juno...that hum sound might fit really well into the liquid fuel motor. I haven't looked at sounds in mods yet, i'm still figuring out textures and animations now, i'm working on something that I should probably expose on the forum as a pre-alpha version for some help

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.