SPACE STATIONS! Post your pictures here

tsunam1

Dang, I'm gettin' jelly! Y'all are over there making awesome stations...and I'm just over here making basic stuff. I guess there's a certain style I follow...no nonsense, add what you need, no more, no less.

Also, new page!

Edited by TopHeavy11

I have no idea how to make a gif so just image the two circles at the ends spinning

I have learned how to make gifs! Imagine no longer, the wonders of assorted time warp capable rotating elements!

kkqjErp.gif

Edited by landfish2

I made this in 1.1. I can dock without mechjeb, but I got bored and let mechjeb do the work in the background.

Mostly stock, some spacey parts, some near future parts

d666fe19c9b34e3e8f74f0bd3d69d5a3.png

Stats:

2 tug modules

2 attachment hubs

2 Solar arrays

1 crew module 

1 refueling tank

1 crew transport

1 science lab

If anyone wants ill send the world save. 

I think it's a little inappropriate to post an incomplete station... But here's my next one. The Cubis, launched from Munbase Muna Industria. All of this is just the core. It's waiting on MKS-Lite to (and if it will) catch up to KSP 1.2. If it doesn't I may have to say goodbye to those beautiful inflatables and flex-o-tubes and change how I design the modules for crew and orbital construction...and blow off the EL pad off of the top there with Whack A Kerbal Object Thrower. :rolleyes:

I'm staying in KSP 1.1.3 for a while.

GumKDXU.jpg

aJdcLz8.jpg

Here's a couple of mine for science!

1st science station:

screenshot28_zps8cuxywwj.png

2nd station was launched after the 1st was no longer compatible with 1.2 and de-orbited. Currently has hab, fuel and science modules.

screenshot52_zpslk7fqmsf.png

Edited by Vector824

HI3xeGn.png

zPUWVMz.png

It kinda... grew organically,. A contract for extension here, a kerbal for rescue locked inside a deployable module there, a kraken-derived explosion at another time... The two dinghies for orbital operations are very useful, there are 9 kerbals of crew currently, including 4 rescuees. It's pretty low-tech too. Heavily modded, primarily abusing Buffalo rover and Pathfinder pack parts.

Sorry, no anti-aliasing. I'm a laptop pleb.

Spoiler

dZ4iTMT.png

ZXQbSaW.png

nxrELDM.png

bSVIoUq.png

H7D49dW.png

AXH18Vi.png

OCCs8R7.png

yNnkqbP.png

CiqiQzo.png

IMI5isG.png

I just assembled this thing in the VAB and cheated into orbit around Laythe, because I consider designing a nice space station a kind of art. And I'm lazy. But it's still a station, right!?

Edited by Veeltch

I was just bored (some of the needed plugins for 1.2 by me are not updated)...

... so I resumed my still ongoing 1.1.3 installation.

Casually 2 "classic" of stationmaking (as I already did in 0.90 the MIR... still in my sign that fatigue):

- SKYLAB, too, first (MOLE, BlueDog Design Bureau, some IR for the folding solar telescope mount)

GJhxkzK.png

BUT, mostly, this tim I HAD to complete the BIGGER ONE, before switching to 1.2: the K.I.S.S. ("Kerbal International Space Station)

f941o5Q.png

... it just lack of the Pirs, Poisk and Rassvet docking adapters on the russian segment, but it has a moveable Kanadarm 2 robotic arm...

Edited by Araym

Holy crap, it's been 3 years since I posted my last station to this thread! In all that time I've created dozens of aircraft and SSTOs, but I don't think I built a proper station until now. This picture is of a hyperedited simulated version of my Haven Station. So far I've only sent up the central hub and an RCS tug, and I'm trying to document the building progress in a series of short youtube videos.

Haven is a much more conservative design compared to my last station, and should I move it into orbit around Minmus it will actually serve a purpose as a refinery and lab. I'm still using KSP 1.1.3 for now since FAR hasn't been updated, so I guess I'll have to send up a comms module if I port it over to 1.2 (assuming there are no other issues).

FfODUe8.png

Click for a larger image!

• 2 weeks later...
0tfpsv5.png

This is Station K1, a refueling/science LKO space station I made when I was bored in my career save. The part I like about it most are the 4 tiny tugs I used to construct the station (especially for the fuel tanks). You may notice the docking sections between the 2.5m modules are 4 1.25m docking ports on a quad coupler, reason being is that I hate having to align modules when I'm docking with them (especially for the fuel tanks), and the docking design I used for this station makes aligning modules so much easier. I don't really use it much but I think I should because it took me about two days to complete. None of this by the way was Hyper edited into orbit, all modules were launched from the space center without any cheats. Also, no mods were used in the making of the space station (I would have but 1.2 killed mod compatibility). Hope you like it. Edited by RedBee92

21 minutes ago, nmartin84 said:

This was going to be my Mun orbital research station which has 1 kerbal currently stationed, but I forgot to add a command module so i've lost all control to the vessel. :0.0:

The station looks pretty nice. The nice thing about stations, of course, is that you can easily add more modules if you forget something.

On 8/11/2016 at 1:57 PM, Adam.A said:

Can you give a link for the mod please?

There are A LOT of mod involved:
- Tantares (for the russian segment)
- CxAerospace and HabTech mixed for the other elements
- obviously Infernal Robotics, but also some from RKE-Kanadarm, for the robotic arms, but also for the main moveable antenna on the Zvezda module
- surelly, involved, little bits here and there from a tons of other mods I have and actually forgot, because I'm not playing a lot lately (just waiting the new pc, and, as I didn't moved to 1.2.1, I'm wasting not so much of my time with this dying 2008 laptop :P)

... in the sig there a bit more of pictures (in the "old mission reports" link) involving that Station...

Edited by Araym

ba2100s.png

Mun Station 1. Room for 24 in the habs, not that I ever put that many there, they need some room to move around.

SSTU, except for a few science parts. The landers are 7 parts each, plus the science stuff (4 on each, I think). Orion is 2 parts, the entire station is 4 parts (it could look very different in literally many hundreds of ways using just those 4 parts with different adapters, solar, etc)