[1.12.x] Parallax - PBR Terrain and Surface Objects [2.0.2]

Gameslinx

14 minutes ago, Rocket Science42 said:

I need help with my KSP game I installed parallax 2.0 and all of its additions. kopernicus is telling me that there is an exception in the loading process.

Please help me and tell me what is breaking my game.

here is my log: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Kerbal%20Space%20Program/KSP.log

better link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/hgw2m2f6byqzojm/KSP.log?dl=0

Just want to say thank you for this mod! The collidable scatter is a game changer, I love how you have to think about where to land and what path to navigate with a rover. Also for someone who has already discovered every anomaly in the game, it's nice to go visit something new. I think discovery is the motivation for a lot of players.

Hi, I'm experiencing a bug when using Parallax with BDArmory. When rockets and bullets impact the ground, there's a weird lighting bug that lights up whole cells or squares of the ground. I didn't do anything else to have this bug happen, just loaded a plane up from the workshop and went. The problem is more noticeable with more weapons.

I'm not sure if this has been reported before, but I wanted to post this just in case.

Here are some screenshots of the bug: https://imgur.com/a/ZOjplDT

Edited by KSPUser777
Clarification

On 12/8/2022 at 4:36 AM, kingtutn said:

When they say "Move the ... Parallax_ScatterTextures folders to your install's GameData folder", what they really mean is "Merge the contents of the new Parallax_StockTextures folder with the existing Parallax_StockTextures folder."

Yes. This should merge by default. I will update the text to be a bit more descriptive about it in the update I have planned. Cheers

On 12/7/2022 at 7:27 PM, Ian John said:

When i try to boot the game up, it says that shaderbank cfd is missing. Why?

You are missing a key part of the installation - Most likely Parallax_ScatterTextures.

On 12/14/2022 at 9:51 PM, NeoFatalis said:

Does anybody else got this bug? I've shared a log at the bottom of the post

This is a known bug I am working on fixing. Right now, if you go to the map view (M) and back, the scatters will regenerate in the right places

To add - I am working on backwards compatibility so that planet packs that will only go up to Parallax 1.3.1 can also enjoy the performance improvements of Parallax 2.0.

Just now, Caerfinon said:

Excellent. Loading it up to have a look 

You can use the 'display distribution noise' feature to see where scatters are being blocked out. Just to clarify, I can't do this for grass (NearestQuads) scatters yet, since they're not persistent. If this feature is desperately needed I can try and add it

1 hour ago, Gameslinx said:

If this feature is desperately needed I can try and add it

So the removal of scatter is working perfectly. Thank You. 

The grass cover is, as you mentioned not removed, however the effort to adjust to compensate is not very great on the side of Kerbal Konstructs. A simple elevation in the Group Center of the location by 3 meters will place the KK statics above the height of the grass, removing it from runways, and building statics that have some kind of ground level base around them. 

I have also done some testing with the effects this change might have on navigation and autopilot tools and the effect of a 3 meter variance does not prove significant.   

So the feature would be a nice to have, however I wouldn't say it is desperately required. Removal of the large scatter for the KK user was previously cumbersome, but removal of the grass level is sort of trivial.    

Edited by Caerfinon

We have another release today :), there isn't any commits since September In the REPO, is still the same?

I thing that you are doing the Avatar2 in KSP already ;)

68747470733a2f2f692e696d6775722e636f6d2f

Congratulations for the release I will check it now :) Thank you in advance!

Edited by pmborg

5 minutes ago, pmborg said:

We have another release today :), there isn't any commits since September, In the REPO is still the same?

I'm slightly delayed updating the repo since I've reorganized my files locally. It should be up shortly :) 

I confirm that after revert to previous version 2.0.4 trees are there again, so I suspect some kind of bug?:

nWUCatT.jpg

2 minutes ago, Stone Blue said:

So I ass-u-me if I download the repo master, (which has a stock textures folder) in it... then i do NOT have to also grab the Stock Textures zip seperately?

It was not the case, I install it with CKAN, but now I revert it back again:

cZF1M1e.png

5 minutes ago, Stone Blue said:

So I ass-u-me if I download the repo master, (which has a stock textures folder) in it... then i do NOT have to also grab the Stock Textures zip seperately?

I would always advise downloading the two texture zips rather than relying on the repo master as, right now, the repo is not synced to the current version as I mentioned a couple posts above :) 

I am reformatting the entire repo to make it easier for me to update

Edited by Gameslinx

11 minutes ago, pmborg said:
19 minutes ago, NeoFatalis said:

Do you need a log?

Found the issue. I forgot to include a config to allow scatters to generate near the KSC in the release. An oversight on my part because it's been a while since I've implemented this change!

I am uploading a new release now.

EDIT: Released at https://github.com/Gameslinx/Tessellation/releases/tag/2.0.6.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention!

Edited by Gameslinx

33 minutes ago, Gameslinx said:

I would always advise downloading the two texture zips rather than relying on the repo master as, right now, the repo is not synced to the current version as I mentioned a couple posts above :) 

I am reformatting the entire repo to make it easier for me to update

Yeah.. i saw the mention about the repo sync ;)

Was just wondering, cuz i wanted to have the code source files, but didnt want to have to download the extra 1.8GB of the seperate texture .zip, if it was the same as in the master ;)

if they'll be the same from now on *after* you resync/organize the repo... i can wait till then :P

Edited by Stone Blue

[1] I downloaded: https://github.com/Gameslinx/Tessellation/releases/download/2.0.6/Parallax-2.0.6.zip (Parallax directory)
[2] then https://github.com/Gameslinx/Tessellation/releases/download/2.0.0/Parallax_StockTextures-2.0.0.zip (Parallax_StockTextures directory)
[3] and then: https://github.com/Gameslinx/Tessellation/releases/download/2.0.1/Parallax_ScatterTextures-2.0.1.zip (which just contains: Parallax_StockTextures\_Scatters directory)

LOG: https://www.dropbox.com/s/qvorr5wkejezpw5/KSP_Parallax-2.0.6.log?dl=0

I confirm, the issue is fixed :) Nice and thanks!

Edited by pmborg