[1.12] FreeIva

JonnyOThan

12 minutes ago, JonnyOThan said:

The error messages are a red herring: I *want* to prevent the coroutines from running when switching into the PCR.  If the cameras freeze after exiting it, I must not be restarting them properly.  *That’s* the right fix.

Ah gotcha.  I played with it some but I am very much out of my element here.  It's equally likely IMO the bug could be in ProbeControlRoom though.

Best of luck, and hope the actual log file helps!  It's pretty modded out (properly though I run a fairly tight ship), but if you have any questions ask and I'll be happy to answer.

Edited by R-T-B

Great mod, although I was wondering if there was a way to disable certain parts having interiors? In the editor, when using several Mk1 structural fuselage parts or Mk2 cargobays, my fps drops dramatically. I assume this is to do with FreeIVA, but I am not entirely sure about it. 

Additionally I have this issue with the FL-A10 adapter (could also be similar parts).
https://imgur.com/a/OCb2Mbt
The problem isn't that it has an IVA, it's that these artifacts appear when the craft is loaded in, even when the 3rd person IVA view is disabled. In the screenshot I enabled the external IVA view because I figured out what part was causing them, but again it's visible constantly, not just when in that mode.

I have ReStock installed, and they are set to the Orange colour variant. Could it be a conflict with that? I can test additional stuff if you'd like, just let me know.

4 hours ago, Hastonian said:

Great mod, although I was wondering if there was a way to disable certain parts having interiors? In the editor, when using several Mk1 structural fuselage parts or Mk2 cargobays, my fps drops dramatically. I assume this is to do with FreeIVA, but I am not entirely sure about it. 

Additionally I have this issue with the FL-A10 adapter (could also be similar parts).
https://imgur.com/a/OCb2Mbt
The problem isn't that it has an IVA, it's that these artifacts appear when the craft is loaded in, even when the 3rd person IVA view is disabled. In the screenshot I enabled the external IVA view because I figured out what part was causing them, but again it's visible constantly, not just when in that mode.

I have ReStock installed, and they are set to the Orange colour variant. Could it be a conflict with that? I can test additional stuff if you'd like, just let me know.

I'd have to double check, but I'm pretty sure nothing about internal spaces is ever created in the editor scene.  So your performance issue is likely elsewhere.

Those parts definitely shouldn't be visible if the overlay view is off, but neither should the kerbal - so I suspect some other mod might be interfering.  What mod do you have that makes the kerbal visible in the cockpit?  (oh, I just realized you said the overlay view was *on* here)

Note for the future - please include the entire screen in screenshots for bug reports.  Sometimes there's something important that gets cropped.

Please always include logs with bug reports.  I have a policy of not investigating issues without log files, because I've wasted far too much time trying to repro things that would have been easily identified in a log file.

Edited by JonnyOThan

@JonnyOThan, got some further evidence.  During one of the camera corruption / freeze events, what I initially assumed was just a malfunctioning frozen camera froze right on Gene Kermans coffee mug!  It seems the screens are stuck with the previous set of kerbals.  Does that help?

17 hours ago, JonnyOThan said:

I'd have to double check, but I'm pretty sure nothing about internal spaces is ever created in the editor scene.  So your performance issue is likely elsewhere.

Those parts definitely shouldn't be visible if the overlay view is off, but neither should the kerbal - so I suspect some other mod might be interfering.  What mod do you have that makes the kerbal visible in the cockpit?  (oh, I just realized you said the overlay view was *on* here)

Note for the future - please include the entire screen in screenshots for bug reports.  Sometimes there's something important that gets cropped.

Please always include logs with bug reports.  I have a policy of not investigating issues without log files, because I've wasted far too much time trying to repro things that would have been easily identified in a log file.

Got it, thanks.

Log from spawning plane in and then pausing it, issue is apparent after IVA'ing for the first time: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KpxV236JPhzITXEDDsFudVFXvj4S-61r/view?usp=share_link

New screenshots: https://imgur.com/a/3tnMsbl 

When on the ground they spawn and remain static even as the plane rolls away, only to reach a certain distance and 'respawn'/teleport back to the plane in their original SPH locations (although rotated to the left facing north and twisted to be nearly vertical), but once the plane is in the air and the artifacts 'respawn' themselves, only with the plane as the point of reference instead of the ground (they no longer move translationally, although they do not pitch/yaw/roll with the plane). I assume the reason you can only see one in the original two screenshots is because the other is simply under the terrain.

Edited by Hastonian

4 hours ago, Bimo1D said:

Hello there! Thank you for your amazing mod! Will you made a support for Feline Utility Rovers in future? 
Thank you again and good luck!

Yep, that's on the TODO list: https://github.com/pizzaoverhead/FreeIva/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+label%3A"Mod+Support"

If you want to see FreeIva support for a mod that's not on the list, just let me know.  These basically get done in whatever order I feel like, but mods that already have well-fleshed-out IVAs or things that people ask for will get slightly higher priority.

20 minutes ago, Msachs said:

Thank you three for this phenomenal piece of work. This adds a completely new layer of immersion to the game and I think this might be one of my favourite mods for KSP.

Thanks! If you have a VR headset, KerbalVR takes FreeIva to another level entirely.

FreeIva 0.2.10.0 is now available as a *prerelease* build.  Please test it out and report any issues here, discord, or on github.  **Include your ksp.log file with all bug reports**

https://github.com/pizzaoverhead/FreeIva/releases/tag/0.2.10.0

Notable Changes

Bug Fixes Etc.

• Fixed shadow casters in HabTech2 parts
  • HabTechProps and NearFutureProps hatches are now compatible with KerbalVR
  • Fixed depth mask on Planetside MMSEV
  • Added a ladder collider to NearFutureProps cargo nets
  • Added ASET wall labels to the stock station hub. Now you can label your hatches!
  • Fix border mesh on FLA10 adapter part rendering in the wrong location

FreeIva 0.2.10.1 is now available!

Notable Changes

Bug Fixes Etc.

• Fixed shadow casters in HabTech2 parts
  • HabTechProps and NearFutureProps hatches are now compatible with KerbalVR
  • Fixed depth mask on Planetside MMSEV
  • Added a ladder collider to NearFutureProps cargo nets
  • Added ASET wall labels to the stock station hub. Now you can label your hatches!
  • Fix border mesh on FLA10 adapter part rendering in the wrong location
  • KOSPropMonitor now locks out keys properly
  • Pressing M while unbuckled no longer breaks the cameras

I'm running a German keyboard and it switches Y and Z. Is there some kind of way to store the keybindings between updates or detect the keyboard layout? Everytime I update and forget to change the key binding my Kerbals unbuckle when I'm going full throttle.

7 hours ago, mor128 said:

I'm running a German keyboard and it switches Y and Z. Is there some kind of way to store the keybindings between updates or detect the keyboard layout? Everytime I update and forget to change the key binding my Kerbals unbuckle when I'm going full throttle.

Huh...you could probably do this with a ModuleManager patch:

@FreeIvaConfig
{
	@UnbuckleKey = Z
}

Put the above in a .cfg file in GameData.

3 hours ago, Yaroslav said:

Hello, I wanted to know what an adder does a ledder collider that non-arfutureprops cargo nets ?

I'm...not really sure what you're asking.

6 hours ago, Yaroslav said:

Hello, I wanted to know what an adder does a ledder collider that non-arfutureprops cargo nets ?

If you are asking what adding ladder colliders to the NearFuture cargo nets props does...
It allows you to "grab" and "climb" along them when in zero gee, or gravity is toggled off, just like if there were ladders or handrails

Hey dude! First of all - awesome job on the mod. But I do encounter a problem -on startup of the game and loading b9part switch throws at me 4 errors connected to FreeIVA. While in-game it works fine but I can only account for early game pod since I started a fresh career.  I know its not other mods, that conflict because these errors appear with only those two mods installed (apart from standard by now graphics ones).
Is this normal or should i do something to fix this? Its the first time Im modding KSP so any help would appreciated.
Here is a screenshot of errors and log:
https://imgur.com/a/Egk3AWD (screenshot)

- KSP Log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/953mxs9iz4jy6xs/KSP.log?dl=0

6 hours ago, Czejenesku said:

Hey dude! First of all - awesome job on the mod. But I do encounter a problem -on startup of the game and loading b9part switch throws at me 4 errors connected to FreeIVA. While in-game it works fine but I can only account for early game pod since I started a fresh career.  I know its not other mods, that conflict because these errors appear with only those two mods installed (apart from standard by now graphics ones).
Is this normal or should i do something to fix this? Its the first time Im modding KSP so any help would appreciated.
Here is a screenshot of errors and log:
https://imgur.com/a/Egk3AWD (screenshot)

- KSP Log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/953mxs9iz4jy6xs/KSP.log?dl=0

I think FreeIVAMkPassthrough is no longer compatible now that I added passthrough mechanics to FreeIva itself.

6 hours ago, Stone Blue said:

If you are asking what adding ladder colliders to the NearFuture cargo nets props does...
It allows you to "grab" and "climb" along them when in zero gee, or gravity is toggled off, just like if there were ladders or handrails

Actually it's more important *in gravity* so that you can climb up and down.

Edited by JonnyOThan

I discovered there's  a handful of Tantares parts that need either pass through ability, or an update to the collision model: The Soyuz and VA capsule heatshield and parachutes need the ability to pass through them added, and the various adapters, along with the Soyuz orbital modules and the  Mir docking node need a collision model update, as you get stuck inside them, even when the hatch is open

52 minutes ago, CirrusUpdraft said:

I discovered there's  a handful of Tantares parts that need either pass through ability, or an update to the collision model: The Soyuz and VA capsule heatshield and parachutes need the ability to pass through them added, and the various adapters, along with the Soyuz orbital modules and the  Mir docking node need a collision model update, as you get stuck inside them, even when the hatch is open

I don't think it's reasonable to pass through a heatshield...could they do this in real life?  I tried to add passthrough to most of the stack-based parachutes, can you get the names of any I missed?

For anything with trouble with collision, can you be specific about the parts to connect together to reproduce the issue?

Edited by JonnyOThan

20 minutes ago, JonnyOThan said:

I don't think it's reasonable to pass through a heatshield...could they do this in real life?  I tried to add passthrough to most of the stack-based parachutes, can you get the names of any I missed?

For anything with trouble with collision, can you be specific about the parts to connect together to reproduce the issue?

The VA capsule was designed to allow passage into the FGB section of the TKS spacecraft from the capsule, as seen here, TKS_cutaway.png

As for the Parachute that was missed, its the Tantares Size 0 Parachute, and the parts to connect together to reproduce the collision issues, turns out that it only occurs if you have the optional patch for Tantares to add proper IVAs to the parts that are currently missing them, although the part "Aquila Size 1 Node Adapter" needs pass through capability, and in testing to find the specific parts I had issues with,  I found that if you connect a n Octans Male port with the A style, to blend it into the Soyuz orbital module, with an Octans Female port with the B style selected, it does not allow the passage through, saying the hatch is blocked

14 minutes ago, CirrusUpdraft said:

The Vᐰ capsule was designed to allow passage into the FGB section of the TKS spacecraft from the capsule, as seen here, TKS_cutaway.png

ᐰs for the Parachute that was missed, its the Tantares Size 0 Parachute, and the parts to connect together to reproduce the collision issues, turns out that it only occurs if you have the optional patch for Tantares to add proper IVᐰs to the parts that are currently missing them, although the part "ᐰquila Size 1 Node ᐰdapter" needs pass through capability, and in testing to find the specific parts I had issues with,  I found that if you connect a n Octans Male port with the ᐰ style, to blend it into the Soyuz orbital module, with an Octans Female port with the B style selected, it does not allow the passage through, saying the hatch is blocked

It also appears that the docking issue also occurs if you have a tantares part docked via the docking ports from Benjee10's Shared Assets, an example being if you recreate the Mir Docking module, and dock it to the bottom of the Krystall module, then dock a SOCK shuttle to it, you cannot pass from the Shuttle's docking module, through the Mir Docking Module, and Into Krystall, also the specific part "Aquila 12-A "Kvante" Laboratory" part does not properly connect to other parts, it says "Go EVA" when you try to open the hatches of it

Edited by CirrusUpdraft
Missed an important detail

Hello,

First post on here, mai ly because I want to congratulate you on your i credible work; and also because I see that you respond quite well to requests. The only parts in my install missing your incredible features are the ones from the Mark IV Spaceplane System and Kerbonov Kn-2 Cockpit Module Continued . They are older mods but still work fine.  That would bring completion to my install. Thank you!

2 hours ago, Twism said:

Hello,

First post on here, mai ly because I want to congratulate you on your i credible work; and also because I see that you respond quite well to requests. The only parts in my install missing your incredible features are the ones from the Mark IV Spaceplane System and Kerbonov Kn-2 Cockpit Module Continued . They are older mods but still work fine.  That would bring completion to my install. Thank you!

Mark IV Spaceplanes should already be supported.  If something isn't working, please post your log files.  I'll add the kerbonov to the todo list.

Edited by JonnyOThan