Beyond: Kerbalkind's History of Space Exploration

Kerbalsaurus

Do you still take new satellites?

ButterMilk Space Agency is a new and coming space company operating from the Mahi-Mahi launch site in the southern hemisphere. 

We are looking forward to working with you providing you with space craft parts.

Satellite? We got you!

Lander? We got you!

Rocket? We got you!

Ask us for anything and we'll deliver within 2 business days*! *Subject to change

Spoiler

Here's the flag
ejJZx57.png

and another cuz I think it's cool.

cVLFqUe.png

Also my modlist (I mght use some mods you don't)

C3SLQvu.png

Edited by Spikemaster

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Spikemaster said:

Do you still take new satellites?

ButterMilk Space Agency is a new and coming space company operating from the Mahi-Mahi launch site in the southern hemisphere. We had a small problem with the SSP and it was kept real quiet so you don't even know about it.  That eventually got settled

We are looking forward to working with you providing you with space craft parts.

Satellite? We got you!

Lander? We got you!

Rocket? We got you!

Ask us for anything and we'll deliver within 2 business days!

Reveal hidden contents

Here's the flag
ejJZx57.png

and another cuz I think it's cool.

cVLFqUe.png

Also my modlist (I mght use some mods you don't)

C3SLQvu.png

Yeah, we can accept a Commsat from you guys. A few things I'd like to say is please don't infringe on the SSP's story, and also a few of the mods you have I don't have.

The important mods I don't have are:

• Docking Cam
  • Mechjeb 2
  • Trajectories (Which I should install)
  • Universal Storage II

Here's the list of parts mods I do have:

• ALCOR
  • Modular Launchpads
  • Near Future Mod Suite
  • Planetside
  • Restock+
  • Stockalike Station Parts Redux

Hope this helps!

Edited by Kerbalsaurus
Kerbalsaurus Trying to Type Challenge (Impossible)

9 hours ago, Kerbalsaurus said:

we can accept a Commsat from you guys.

Great! Order accepted. Unfortunately I am going on vacation so am a bit busy. will be delivered via kerbalX before 4th April.

don't infringe on the SSP's story

Yea sorry, I was quite hesitant writing it out too. will remove right away.

• Docking Cam
  • Mechjeb 2
  • Trajectories (Which I should install)
  • Universal Storage II

Your commsat will not have have parts from these mods

Here's the list of parts mods I do have:

• ALCOR
  • Modular Launchpads
  • Near Future Mod Suite
  • Planetside
  • Restock+
  • Stockalike Station Parts Redux

I don't think they will be necessary for a commsat. will add them later for any future projects.

THE SECRET SPACE PROGRAM - YEAR 4, DAY ////////////VotVMsk.png

FLIGHT INFORMATION REDACTED

Lt85mH6.png

After spending forever trying to find new pilots, the SSP is ready to head back to the Mun. I haven't gotten my hands on the crews' names yet, but I'll find out in time. Teams on the ground haven't yet confirmed if the anomaly site is safe to go back to yet, but in the mean time this mission will orbit the Mun, taking pictures of other discovered surface anomalies and the original anomaly site for more information about what is happening on the Mun.

eY2xodT.png

pjqvzqC.png

t0uu7J1.png

M7zsJvN.png

Landing legs are still included on the vessel, as the backup craft was used. It's cheaper and draws less attention.

JClgoeD.png

PWCkQdj.png

The spacecraft successfully arrives in munar orbit, but once there I was kicked out of mission control. And I cannot see any pictures taken during the mission, as my clearance simply doesn't allow that. However, I've heard stories around the complex about ancient crashed spacecraft and strange monoliths littered across the surface. One day I'll find these pictures.

nMGN83f.png

rTCxv9p.png

The kerbonauts departed the Mun and made it back to Kerbin, however their re-entry path happened to go over the KSC. Those clumsy new pilots nearly had our cover blown! If any debris survived re-entry, somebody at the KSC or a nearby coastal city would have had a few questions. Especially if UKA insignia was on it. In the end, the mission was a success. They saw what they needed to see, then got out of there. What they saw is the question though. It clearly drew their attention, as more and more new missions are being planned. We'll cross that bridge when we get there, I suppose.

Posted (edited)

OORT-1 - YEAR 4, DAY 48Royal_Tech_whitl.png?ex=66034538&is=65f0d038&hm=23c3730efc1791d1dcefb9370bcc0af3f09368be37cb7310e83fa62c4c32f415&=&format=webp&quality=lossless&width=972&height=623

MISSION OBJECTIVE: Launch NAC's OORT-1 into high kerbin orbit

LAUNCH VEHICLE: Apteryx-9B

JzlygbO.png

After so, so, many flights, we've finally reached the end of the string Apteryx-9B launches. Capping it off is the launch of NAC's OORT-1 spacecraft, a small scientific satellite. The final orbit of the satellite will be 255x255km, putting the satellite in high Kerbin orbit, and an orbit higher than EMBARK's. Once in orbit, the satellite will begin it's data collection which scientists around Kerbin are ecstatic to receive.

cGlkoLO.png

"Stage 1 performing nominally, continuing towards orbit." - Kraft Kerman (Flight Director)

ctO9zKS.png

Gh5YGQs.png

"OORT-1 has successfully entered orbit!" - Kraft Kerman

Once in orbit, the second stage of the Apteryx-9B fires retrograde and burns up on the atmosphere.

It was a quick and routine mission, but a successful one nonetheless! Beyond continues to have a fairly clean launch record, and the data streams coming back from the satellite are exciting for Kerbals on the ground. Congratulations to NAC for another successful mission, and thank you to RoyalTech for the Aptery-9B and its continued reliable service!

Sorry this post was so subpar, my keyboard's been having issues recently and frequent headaches make writing on a computer hard (blue light makes everything worse). And sorry to @Royalswissarmyknife for not using a transparent flag. The file I have downloaded the flag as it is "not supported by Imgur". Crumby website...

Edited by Kerbalsaurus
Fixed top and added to apology at the bottom.

LIBRA ORBIT TOURIST ANNOUNCED - YEAR 4, DAY 49 JebsJunkyard.png

FROM THE DESK OF KERBALSAURUS KERMAN

NibhMvj.png

We are excited to announce the next tourist to fly aboard the Libra Orbit, Lavan Kerman! Lavan has always been interested in the cosmos, and now he finally has a chance to head up and see them up close for himself! His flight will be just like the other Libra Orbit flights. He will go up to Kerman Station, spend about 10 days on board, and head back down to tell other Kerbals about what he saw up there. This is an exciting day for spaceflight, and we are happy to once again be working with @fulgur Kerman! Congratulations to both of you and thank you for continuing to work with Beyond!

y1B3Dx9.png

EXPEDITION 4 RETURN - YEAR 4, DAY 50IJfw0y0.png

MISSION OBJECTIVE: Return expedition 4 and its crew from Kerman Station

CREW

• COMMANDER: Lebro Kerman
  • SCIENTIST: Malgard Kerman
  • FLIGHT ENGINEER: Genenie Kerman

qiKY7pN.png

"Undocked from Kerman Station, backing away now." - Lebro Kerman

After, as usual, half a year in space, Expedition 4 begins to make its way back to Kerbin. On board this time is more data on zero gravity, as well as various plants and animals who have been exposed to zero gravity. Including spiders, much to the discomfort of Lebro. When one escaped during the mission, he locked himself inside of the observation deck on the power tower, and, well, guess who else was in there. He hasn't gone anywhere near the lab since. Anyways, back to the mission. The normal procedure takes place, and before you can say we're on our way back to Kerbin, we're on our way back to Kerbin.

HO3gI3H.png

"Alright, good engine startup. We're on our way back to Kerbin." - Lebro Kerman

"Good to hear, good luck to you and the spiders." - Gene Kerman (CAPCOM)

" *unclear mumbling* " - Lebro Kerman

He4J6Xd.png

xmvgo2D.png

kCudKE2.png

And Expedition 4 is back on the ground! The crew struggles to walk a little bit, but nothing a little rehab can't fix. And look, someone from mission control has a present for Lebro! He says it's an eight-legged pet... uh oh.

Posted (edited)

EXPEDITION 6 - YEAR 4, DAY 54vQO2H7d.png

MISSION OBJECTIVE: Continue Kerballed Presence aboard Kerman Station

CREW

• COMMANDER: Hergan Kerman
  • SCIENTIST: Jasel Kerman
  • FLIGHT ENGINEER: Coremy Kerman

iVdtfSf.png

As usual, just a few days after a crew leave Kerman Station, another head up. Expedition 6 is made up of all rookies, who in the future may also fly on the Aurora Program. Beyond is in fact recruiting many new kerbonauts, as the originals from the Munar Program are being called up for bigger assignments and have already spent time aboard Kerman Station. This crew have a very special mission ahead of them, which is to overlook the many new modules that will be launched to Kerman Station, as well as the removal of old ones. And even after the modules are docked, the crew will regularly check up on the various systems aboard the new modules. Their mission, while routine, is still fairly exciting.

iepjSmv.png

"Liftoff on Expedition 6, continuing Kerbalkind's presence in space!" - King Kerman (Launch Commentator)

rtlid9f.png

6MFLRAl.png

"Alright Expedition 6, you are all clear for orbit." - Gene Kerman (CAPCOM)

"Roger that, firing up the Mammoths!" - Hergan Kerman

gpqRLxl.png

"Expedition 6 orbital entry is established." - Gene Kerman

Now in orbit, the crew of Expedition 6 begin checking all capsule systems and readying the spacecraft for rendezvous. Meanwhile, EDL teams on the ground prepare to bring the RBS back down to the surface. The selected area is in the deserts, as they're flat and empty.

P4ykOwe.png

Yu77GQH.png

h9br1BC.png

Rumor has it that in the middle of the parachutes there is a rocket

daWbUBH.png

"Successful touchdown of the RBS!" - Jill Kerman (EDL)

Back in orbit, Expedition is preparing itself for its arrival at Kerman Station. It's a still a couple orbits away until the maneuver to rendezvous with the space station though, so the crew have to wait it out and find a way to occupy themselves. However, we aren't the crew, we are a post, so we can just fast forward to the actual burn.

MYceFxf.png

"We are now en route to Kerman Station." - Hergan Kerman

KKZitHR.png

After a bit of flying and fiddling with RCS and alignment, Expedition 6 docks to Kerman Station!

3sI4ruf.png

"Hard dock confirmed!" - Coremy Kerman

Now on board, the crew settle in to their temporary new home. After a short rest period, they'll get to work prepping the station for everything that's about to go down.

6RlGi6O.png

Edited by Kerbalsaurus

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, Kimera Industries said:

What a fun string of missions! Didn't a Skylab mission study spiderweb formation in space?

Yes, on Skylab 3. The spiders were named Arabella and Anita, and both of them were able to successfully spin webs. Maybe such silly antics didn’t ensue (in fact, both spiders died), but it’s an interesting story nonetheless.

I love getting ninja’d

Edited by Kerbalsaurus

Posted (edited)

@SkyFall2489 I may have to deorbit the centrifuge module, as it's been causing a bit of trouble for the station. It's a real shame. I can't spin it up anymore, as the parts keep clipping and exploding, and in general it's a real kracken magnet. It's shaken Kerman Station apart even when not in use. If you know a fix or want to submit another module to take its place, let me know. Sorry about all this.

Edited by Kerbalsaurus

8 minutes ago, Kerbalsaurus said:

@SkyFall2489 I may have to deorbit the centrifuge module, as it's been causing a bit of trouble for the station. It's a real shame. I can't spin it up anymore, as the parts keep clipping and exploding, and in general it's a real kracken magnet. It's shaken Kerman Station apart even when not in use. If you know a fix or want to submit another module to take its place, let me know. Sorry about all this.

I am having similar issues with CERES Station. The centrifuge starts wobbling worse than Jell-O during a Richter 15 earthquake whenever I load it up or come into render distance. Loading a quicksave solved the issue, but some parts are now shifted out of place. Using a modded centrifuge is the ultimate fix, but I've yet to download one.

1 hour ago, Kerbalsaurus said:

try locking the robotic parts when not in use, maybe?

sorry about that - the problem never showed up, but I never ran any large-scale tests with it past "it doesn't shake itself to death the moment you spin it up"

On 3/25/2024 at 6:32 PM, Kerbalsaurus said:

The parts are locked. I though it'd fix it but it makes everything tighter.

Don't just lock the pistons - also lock the rotor. 

Other than that, I don't really know then, sorry. Perhaps a full ring with struts all around would be more stable, but other than that, I don't know. A modded centrifuge part may be the only option.

If nothing else works, it's OK if you have to deorbit the module - I'm sure an in-lore reason could be provided.

Edited by SkyFall2489

On 3/23/2024 at 1:13 PM, Kerbalsaurus said:

Sorry this post was so subpar, my keyboard's been having issues recently and frequent headaches make writing on a computer hard (blue light makes everything worse). And sorry to @Royalswissarmyknife for not using a transparent flag. The file I have downloaded the flag as it is "not supported by Imgur". Crumby website...

Try these flags it might work better

Spoiler

Royal_Tech_whitl.png?ex=6615ba38&is=66034538&hm=2a4a6530753c4a0e56e43ce4afd36c3e5f25dd923e666fbd4dde7f5cb51e9f20&

Royal_Tech_Normal.png?ex=6612d09c&is=660

Posted (edited)

Sorry there hasn't been update for a while. I don't even have an excuse for this, Cities: Skylines 1 has me hooked right now. I have several missions finished too, so this is just an embarrassing example of how lazy I am. I promise to have a new update out either today or tomorrow.

Edited by Kerbalsaurus

18 hours ago, Kerbalsaurus said:

Sorry there hasn't been update for a while. I don't even have an excuse for this, Cities: Skylines 1 has me hooked right now. I have several missions finished too, so this is just an embarrassing example of how lazy I am. I promise to have a new update out either today or tomorrow.

Yes, CS1 had me hooked for a while too - I still return to it every now and then (and Skyrim, Witcher 3 and a few others) but KSP1 is once more firmly entrenched as my goto form of relaxation (even if it's often more frustrate than relax at times - still enjoyable in a weird masochistic way).

Glad you're back.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Aelfhe1m said:

Yes, CS1 had me hooked for a while too - I still return to it every now and then (and Skyrim, Witcher 3 and a few others) but KSP1 is once more firmly entrenched as my goto form of relaxation (even if it's often more frustrate than relax at times - still enjoyable in a weird masochistic way).

KSP is really always relaxing for me. The only time I really get stress is when the game starts lagging in a mission critical moment (which happens unfortunately often). Cities: Skylines is the game that angers me more, as Cims, even if given an easy route, will still cause congestion.

Spoiler

VkAYyzR.png

3 hours ago, Aelfhe1m said:

Glad you're back.

Thank you!

Edited by Kerbalsaurus

SUMERKI DE-ORBIT - YEAR 4, DAY 55vQO2H7d.png

MISSION OBJECTIVE: De-orbit the Sumerki Module aboard Kerman Station.

LAUNCH VEHICLE: Reusable Booster System

56tOIQb.png

It's a bittersweet day at Beyond today. Coming down from orbit is the Sumerki Module, the second module launched to Kerman Station. The module wasn't designed to have a docking port at the back, and instead has an airlock. Due to this design, the module simply gets in the way of expansion at Kerman Station. So, we have to destroy it. That's what Kerbals do best anyways. How are we getting the module down though?

Well, as cheaply as possible of course! Our engineers simply took the standard orbital tug, and attached a claw to it. And since mission control needs some name to identify the craft with, it has simply been named by the engineers as Dave. Dave will firmly secure itself to the back of the module, set some distance between the module and the station, and then burn back to Kerbin. The burn has to be carefully calculated, as if we don't pay attention the module may end up destroying a small town or knocking down quite a few skyscrapers. The safest place for the module to land is in the middle of the ocean. Now, enough with the yapping, let's get flying.

wsdI8Z3.png

"Liftoff on Dave, heading up to de-orbit the Sumerki Module." - Kraft Kerman (Flight Director)

x57XZ41.png

xcyOweu.png

"We are go for our orbital insertion burn." - Kraft Kerman

Once Dave is in orbit, control of the RBS is handed over to EDL teams on the ground.

HInJofj.png

tjGqqjC.png

Parachutes are deployed in their standard fungal formation.

iThA0ua.png

"Successful touchdown of the RBS!" - Jill Kerman

EsCzk2C.png

Back in orbit, mission control is preparing Dave for the rendezvous maneuver for Kerman Station. Not much to say here really.

EEc4lil.png

"Dave is now en-route to Kerman Station." - Kraft Kerman

z2zeQL8.png

Dave braking to match velocities with Kerman Station.

RlU74uF.png

Now that Dave is moving alongside Kerman Station, it's time for the docking, or rather grabbing procedure. The crew on board Kerman Station close up and shut down all of the systems on Sumerki, and then give mission control the all clear to grab onto Sumerki.

4HyEYUd.png

"Systems reading Dave has grabbed onto Sumerki, Kerman Station please confirm." - Kraft Kerman

"Kerman Station confirms." - Seefield Kerman (Station Commander)

"Roger, you are go for Sumerki undock." - Kraft Kerman

8uV8ahU.png

rudKfWT.png

"Go for de-orbit burn. So long, Sumerki." - Kraft Kerman

Once the burn was finished communications with Dave and the Sumerki Module were cut. Although still unsure, some say they could hear the faint sound of a memorial trumpet playing (this was later found out to be Mark taking trumpet lessons down the hall. We told him not to do this at work!).

x3ySPpg.png

Flame textures go brrrr

vwBXZYM.png

Roughly the final resting place of the module. So long, Sumerki.